Reviews for The Mating Game
Dragonsdaughter1 chapter 7 . 10/27/2003
Harry and Ron are going to flip.

Good story.

I find the 'marriage law' challenge to be quite interesting-after witnessing many failed marriages my view on marriage is quite...different and would probably get me lynched by my classmates (I go to an all girls college).
Piggie chapter 7 . 10/27/2003
What a wicked idea!

I love it! Update soon! :o)

P
TaintedAngels chapter 7 . 10/26/2003
that was hilarious

'will you marry me?'

just outta no where

my god

i swear...that was funny just because of the

casualty in the question

update?

thanks
Wendynat chapter 7 . 10/26/2003
Oh, this is really an imaginative, well-written fic... plez update soon (when you have time - no pressure ;) ). Am very interested to see how Severus and Hermione figure out the living arrangements.
falafelgigglehiney chapter 7 . 10/25/2003
This is great. I can't wait to see her friends and families reactions. I hope you update soon!

Kat
rhitmcshanm chapter 7 . 10/24/2003
This story is pretty good. I really enjoyed all that I read and hope you continue soon. The characters seem to be...in character, and the situation-I can just see them all reacting this way.

And just an fyi, you currently only allow signed reviews. Most of us are lazy enough that we don't log in. I only made an exception because your story is so interesting. You would get more reviews by allowing un-signed ones.
Antigonesev chapter 7 . 10/24/2003
Excellent story! it's an very intresting situation and I just have to wonder what happens next.
llGeekGoddessll chapter 7 . 10/24/2003
Brillant story...I can't wait to read more.
SeelieRadande chapter 7 . 10/24/2003
wow.. totally random, yet amzingly good and funny. keep up your good work.
Snapdragongrrl chapter 7 . 10/24/2003
This is really great! :) One thing I was wondering if you'd address though is wizards/witches who prefer same-sex relationships. Like Harry for example. While Hermione may have thought it was like kissing her brother, what if Harry just didn't like kissing a girl? Would he still be required to father offspring? Personally, I think as long as a child has two loving parents it doesn't matter if it's two dads or two mums, but some people (fictional, wizard folk, for this story's example) may have problems with it. Should it be an added "loophole" in the law that gay wizards/witches don't have to have babies?

Can't wait to read more of your story. :)

~Lisa
Turelie Telcontar chapter 7 . 10/24/2003
Oh, that last chapter was especially funny - and the letters were, too. More!
Kate Guess chapter 7 . 10/24/2003
mk. You are oficially the coolest, this story rocks my socks. Puts the scoot in my boot. Love it v. much. I do hope they just cant control themselves and get it on a lot.
DistinctVagueness chapter 7 . 10/24/2003
Two wondeful new updates. Unique take on the whole arranged marriage scenario, never read something quite like this. Thought it was quite funny that Hermione didn't receive any marriage proposals, whereas Sev got crtainly more than a handful. Lack of bachelors in the wizarding community, perhaps? You're penning a great story, looking forward to your next.
JennyRad chapter 7 . 10/24/2003
This is an excellent story. I like it hugely. Your Hermione and Severus are just as I picture them from Canon. Excellent.

There are lots of vaguely similar stories floating around at the moment as responses to the WIKTT challenge "The Marriage Law"; this is based on a similar but not identical concept and is very interesting to read alongside them. I'm impressed.

A few minor things spring to mind that you might want to deal with. Age, mostly. The law doesn't define "child-bearing age" - I was physically capable of child-bearing when I was ten years old, but I don't expect you, or Arthur, wants Hogwarts' students being parents! So I suggest you do something to clarify that kids at school aren't included, or something. And similarly, someone who was at school in 2002 but leaves in 2003, maybe should have *one* child by 2005, not two like older people. Just some little tidying up would increase the plausibility.

You only mentioned infertile witches, as well - men can be infertile, too. And what about the spouses of infertile people? Seems a bit harsh if they have to go out and be unfaithful ...

And finally - I don't think it makes sense at present that 93 witches have proposed to Severus but *no one* has proposed to Hermione. They are both heros, after all. Even if the magical world doesn't like feisty women (come off it, there are as many headmistresses of Hogwarts as headmasters, JKR said so), there have to be *some* men out there who think having Hermione as their wife would be cool!

But basically I love this story, and I'm only nit-picking because I enjoyed it enough to really read it thoroughly!
Nikki's Stories chapter 7 . 10/24/2003
Wonderfull! Boh in character, well structured, nice expression. I really can see it with my inner eye. The dialogue got feelings, but it didn't became a wishy-washy-oh-so-sad-and-emotional-discussion. A good piece of work. I look forward to see more of it. BTW wasn't dear Sevvie not a little bit unhonest about possible other girls? But maybe it's true...I mean he is a clever man with a reputation as a hero now...

Okay, back to context: Write on!
630 | « Prev Page 1 .. 31 38 39 40 41 42 Next »