Reviews for The Mating Game
HunnySnowBunny chapter 7 . 10/24/2003
"Letters" and "An Akward Lunch" were VERY enjoyable chapters! _

"Letters":

I really liked the way you made this chapter. The letters between the two of them were funny, and kept them both in character, though Hermione seemed a bit...well, more sarcastic then I see her to be...but it still fit considering she's older. I also loved the "Annoyingly yours," and "Also annoyingly yours". Very cute.

"An Akward Lunch":

Ohh...this chapter was delightful! Full of...wit and sarcasm...just the way I like it. I also liked Severus' view on children rearing. I liked Hermione's answer to what an affectionate father could be. Very sweet. I think the two of them would make a very good couple. _

Jen
Electryone chapter 7 . 10/23/2003
I read both of the chapters that you added, yet it still wasn't enough-I wanted more! I find it amusing that Severus received nearly a hundred marriage proposals, and Hermione didn't receive any. It seems as though there is a lack of eligible men in the wizarding world... I'm glad that he chose her out of all of them (otherwise, we really wouldn't have a story P).
Ramos chapter 5 . 10/23/2003
Didn't suck.

You'd have to be a Frank Miller fan to realize that was actually a profound compliment. I've read several 'marriage law' stories lately, and I love the idea of logical Hermione sitting down with her Who's Who and her arithmancy equations to figure out the, dare I say, 'best' choice?

Looking forward to more.

Ramos
Rosmerta chapter 5 . 10/23/2003
What a terrific fic idea! That Arthur, how sly. I could see him twinkling just like Dumbledore. Looking forward to reading more - soon, I hope! :)
TaintedAngels chapter 5 . 10/23/2003
this idea is beyond brilliant

ive never seen this done before

its a wonderful idea and i do hope that you'll updater soon

thanks
DarkShadowFlame chapter 5 . 10/23/2003
This was a fascinating story! I don't think I've ever seen a plot like this before. _ I am definitely looking forward to the next chapter, and hopefully to some Hermione/Snape conversations. The story seems to be moving fairly quickly, which is good. _ Even if Hermione and Snape don't get to talk soon, will we be seeing our favorite Potions Master soon?

Excellent work,

DSF
jnfirescape chapter 4 . 10/23/2003
Excellent story, very well written and funny. Please keep it up!
Isabeau Saraid chapter 5 . 10/23/2003
Must continue with story, you must! wow, this is really rather amusing. arthur is so evil! yeah for evil!
DistinctVagueness chapter 5 . 10/23/2003
I'm glad I found this link at WIKTT, it's rather an original twist on the arranged marriage thing and your lovely writing style mixed wit your description and funny moments, makes a truly well worth story to read so far. Looking forward to your next chapter.
sweetevangeline chapter 5 . 10/23/2003
I think this is great. A drunken Hermione making a list and checking it twice is a fabulous image. Can't wait to read more...
Piper Sargasso chapter 5 . 10/23/2003
Great story so far! I'm really excited to see where you go with it. Hopefully there's an update soon?
Electryone chapter 5 . 10/23/2003
I really like this so far! I started laughing aloud at the part with the Weasley twins. I can just imagine multiple sets of Weasley children at Hogwarts (and I wonder what would happen if they had triplets or quadruplets?).

The angle that you're taking is quite interesting so far. I've never seen any other fic with a premise like this. I'm anxious to read Snape's reaction to Hermione's choice!
Mystick Crystal chapter 5 . 10/23/2003
Great start for a story,

I saw this on WIKTT and was interestd tos ee what the story was about.

Will be interesting to see how Hermione goes about picking and getting what she wants.

now have to add this story to my growing list of " check for updates" .
Wendynat chapter 5 . 10/23/2003
Oh, I really like this one! Please update soon - I love the idea of Hermione enchanting a computer, and using Arithmancy to determine suitability ;)
crystalseviltwin chapter 4 . 10/23/2003
Great story. Can't wait to hear how Snape takes the news of the new laws. He must be in the exact same dilemma as Hermione. Great setup. Write more soon!
630 | « Prev Page 1 .. 32 39 40 41 42