Reviews for That Kind of Afternoon
A Mistake chapter 1 . 10/25/2013
Awww, this is exactly what I need after I read Lords and Ladies. Never mind that I actually finished reading several years ago, it never stopped the ache I feel in my bones about wanting to know what happened to that Esme Weatherwax and Mustrum Ridcully who settled down, and probably raised the most wilful, stubborn children in Lancre who're so smart they would cut themselves talking. I wanted to see the whole Ridcully-Weatherwax (or was it Weatherwax-Ridcully?) brood, but even this is warming enough, like the cup of tea with the perfect amount of milk and sugar in it. Thanks for writing this.
hervissa chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
Just as it could be...somewhere... :) This almost looks like from Terry himself!
Ayjah chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
Wow, all I can say - AMAZING!
Eleya Jade chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
Very good story. Really, really good. It nearly made me cry...

But I noticed one thing (just because I finished Lords and Ladies today): Esme's hair was blond when she was young, almost white. ;)

So, my first language isn't English as well (I think you noticed ;)) and I want to say sorry for the mistakes I made.

Greez from Austria,

Eleya
Tasha-Susan chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
wow that was a really good story i am adding it to fav's
Shiro Ryuu chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
I rather liked it Granny was not entirely Granny-ish, especially at the end (I just don't know if I can see her looking 'unguarded', even at a time like that), but I suppose it's plausible given her age. And it was only one of many possibilities, after all _~
Albedo chapter 1 . 12/17/2006
After all the mary-sued, overslashied, outro of character things I have come across this DW fandom, I dare say yours is a quite good fic, in character, that happened to make me cry the very same way the original story you based it upon, did.

Keep working and don't mary-sue things! Avoid the OOC.

Unless it's intentional :P

Good writing on you!
greenseablue chapter 1 . 3/20/2005
Oh, I liked this. Very well written and in character. It really is lovely, well done.
Mr. Towel chapter 1 . 1/1/2004
ah, what can i say, im at a loss for words, thats how it wud be if it had been, thats how Mr. Pratchett would write it, and if i'm wrong, then it's better than he would, *clap* *clap* *clap*
here have a standing ovation *hands standing ovation over, u've earnt it
Silverfyshxin chapter 1 . 11/25/2003
It's good, very good. I just finished 'Lords and Ladies' and I wondered how it might have ended elsewhere. I like how it was ended, showing all the different might-have-beens. Good job!
Lucifer's Seraphim chapter 1 . 11/21/2003
Very nice. I always wondered about that. Wonder what Mustrum thinks of Esme being an honourary Chair at UU...?
Derannimer chapter 1 . 11/8/2003
This is a perfectly lovely story - there aren't nearly enough Ridcully/Weatherwax shippers aren't there, and to find such an excellently written fic by one of them is a great treat. No matter what your native language is, I didn't notice any flaws in your writing at all, and I'm generally pretty picky about that sort of thing. And I quite liked your characterization of the two of them, particularly of Esme; I don't find it at all hard to believe that she would have been softer when she was younger. Wonderful.
Mercator chapter 1 . 10/30/2003
For English not being your first language, you must write it better than 90 percent of the native English-speaking population!

Very heartfelt and sweet. Your language was thoughtful, tactile, sensitive. There's not enough Granny fics out there, by the way.

If you'd like the few wrinkles in your English hammered out, you can find yourself a beta reader.

-Mercator

p.s. Let me also say how jealous I am of your ability. If I could write in my second and third languages as I (sometimes) can in English, that'd be something. I have to assume you write even better in your first language. :-)
Ysabet chapter 1 . 10/29/2003
Beautiful little piece of work, very nicely in-character and everything. More?
Clanker chapter 1 . 10/27/2003