Reviews for When The Dust Settled
Culf chapter 2 . 2/12/2004
"What ha-happens Saturday?" Tara asked curiously.
Wouldn't it be fun if Spike answered "I kill you", and Xander or something remember that scene from School Hard
i-hate-AUs chapter 2 . 12/3/2003
Oh I loved it, Dawn! The second chapter was even better than the first... but you know me, I like anything with Anya in it A LOT. This was very hysterical, and it's kinda Xanya! They're my favourite ship, but I think you know that. I loved her dream sequence, and all of Xander's thoughts. He's one lucky guy... I'm glad he realises that. It's good to see Dawn happy again, she had a lot of bad luck. Anyway, great chapter... You've just gotta work on the formatting a little. Write more soon!
love Seb.
Harm Marie chapter 2 . 12/1/2003
_
Leanne8582 chapter 2 . 12/1/2003
I liked this chapter. I'm glad that "Ragidy Ann and Xandy" turned out to be a dream, because that was just too kinky, even for Anya. One thing I would suggest, you should try to reformat your chapters so that the paragraphs are double-spaced. It makes it a lot easier to read.
xanya-forever chapter 2 . 12/1/2003
OH. MY. GOSH! You have written an almost Xanya chapter! Do you know how hard it is to find people who a) can write Anya well and b) choose to write Xanya stuff? You have done both, and superbly! You've written her so well, like one of the best Anya characterizations I've seen in ages. Be proud, have honour.
First of all, there's the entire dream sequence, then there's:
"Anya wished she could have walked in 10 minutes later, so she wouldn't have to watch this human emotion she had beared witness to so many times in the past months. Self pity."
"No. Umm, she's not. Dawn gave me a list of all her friend's numbers. After Xander woke me up from my sex dream, I called them. She's not at anybody's. So most likely she ran away or was kidnapped. She's probably being mangled or worse."
"Xander it's true. If somethings true why can't I tell everyone else? There all blubbery, they must know something could be wrong. I mean, always with the crying. They're not happy. Or are they? I mean, I don't . And I hate feelings. When they're happy, they cry. When they're sad they cry. How am I suppost to know?" Xander witnessed Anya's shoulders drooped, her solid, skeptically defiant composure fading. He knew she wouldn't cry, but he watched as her bright, curious, chocolate eyes melted into saucers of hot fudge. He took her hand in both of his, and planted an airy kiss on her knuckles.
"I know, Ahn. It's worrying. But it's also okay to be worried. It's only human." Xander said the last part proudly. *"Oh how far my Anya has come"* he thought.
"But, what if I don't want to? I want to look through the magazines with poofy white dresses on the cover together. And I want to find one that makes my breasts look ample and voluminous, so your cheeks flame and your pants feel significantly tighter. Please?" Anya looked at him anxiously.
Xander looked over his shoulder to see an ashen-faced Willow along with Tara setting up a locator spell in the living room. He turned back to his fiancee. "Soon, baby."He soothed."I promise."
So yeah... absoltuely perfect. I loved the rest of it. Dawn and Spike are so cute together (in a totally non romantic capacity, of course) and you write their scenes so well. This story is so great, you need to update soon! And the last line was great.
Once again, absolutely fabulous work, I think I'll be adding you to my favourite author's list (if you're not already there).
DevilishGurl0222 chapter 2 . 11/30/2003
How cute! Freedom had to be one of the best answers even though not heard. God i hate the way every one is all on her back like shes a little puppy or newborn needing taking care of sure she's only fourteen but not every one has to watch her and her friendship with spike is so close that it makes her feel at home sort of speak well till next time you write
Gothic-Rose2004 chapter 1 . 11/22/2003
Great story! and thanks for the review on mine!

Please write more soon!
Duckies89 chapter 1 . 11/17/2003
This story was so pretty...heres me again with my anger. Im a member of this site and why have I not written a piece yet?
Leanne8582 chapter 1 . 11/10/2003
I think this is a really good start. Spike's characterization is great. You just need to fix your formatting so that it's easier to read. Try starting a new paragraph everytime someone new speaks. I'm really looking forward to chapter 2.
msu chapter 1 . 11/4/2003
ARGH, the angst. Its so draining. Probably why I can't write it. You did a good job with Dawn's characterization. I'm kinda glad she took off looking for something, following a path to Spike of course.

Looking forward to more

Mel
Culf chapter 1 . 11/2/2003
Wow.. Great.. There will be a chapter 2? GREAT! I can't wait. Spike wont leave Dawn, will he? She does need a friend. (Nothing more then a friend, mind you). The story was good, and well writen. I can't wait till next chapter comes up!
DevilishGurl0222 chapter 1 . 11/1/2003
very cute i really hope you continue
i-hate-AUs chapter 1 . 10/29/2003
hey, you put the un-beta'd version up, silly thing! Apart from that, I loved it, of course, and thanks for the mention in the author's note! I can't wait to see chapter two. I would write a longer review but you already know what I think of it cos I told you before. Anyway, update soon!
xanya-forever chapter 1 . 10/27/2003
I really liked this! Seb told me about it. I can completely understand with Dawn being all angry at Xander (even though he IS quite gorgeous), but I can also understand why he did it... She does need a normal life, and Spike probably doesn't fit into that. You made her emotions just perfect, and same with Spike. Great work, I can't wait for chapter two!
29 | « Prev Page 1 2