Reviews for Wayland the Smith
Luis chapter 7 . 7/8/2005
I look eagerly forward to the next entry. I've very much enjoyed it so far.
Ellie chapter 7 . 8/27/2004
I don't normally like Maeglin at all, but I love what you have done with his character here. Please finish the story soon. I really like it a lot. You have done an excellent job with it!
Tinni chapter 7 . 6/29/2004
So sweet, so touchy, you are so getting my dentist bill. :) Just kidding.
finch chapter 7 . 6/6/2004
It's not really surprising that Mandy decides to go, but I suspect the 'what do I have to lose?' reason isn't the most important one... I love Elrond's TV question and his being a ruthless Monopoly player. He's not without cunning!

One thing baffled me despite your explanation at the end: what if a mortal doesn't want to die? Tolkien's works contain enough examples of mortals who cling to life.
Itarille chapter 7 . 6/5/2004
I love the idea of Elrond beating everyone at monopoly. Very nice, and I'm hoping for an update soon!
Sulriel chapter 7 . 6/5/2004
I'm glad that Mandy is going with them, I couldn't imagine they would make her go back home. and I especially loved to see Elrond playing monopoly! I'm sure he would be unbeatable!
Finch chapter 6 . 3/9/2004
Well, I suppose I got my answers (though not yet all of them - you *are* a tease!), and it's good to see that Maeglin is ready to return.
I'm inclined to think Eol must have refused the summons of Mandos - stubbornly adhering to your own viewpoint can be a bigger obstacle to redemption and reconciliation than having committed evil acts, and a refusal seems in character. (Would that be why Aredhel was free to remarry?)
Now I'm curious what Mandy will do. It doesn't look easy. Cutting yourself off from humankind is a big step. But maybe she can have a good conversation with Tuor if she does.
Tinni chapter 6 . 3/8/2004
Glorfindel: I can't believe you're writing about that traitor.
Tinni: Ignore Lord Goldilocks. It's a lovely story.
Tinni chapter 5 . 2/14/2004
Glorfindel: I am not impressed.
Tinni: Well I am. Great job Jillian.
Finch chapter 5 . 2/12/2004
Ah, you've updated! Good!
I liked to see Maeglin act aggressively in a righteous cause. Having him go all nice and reasonable wouldn't do. The development at the end came as a surprise, but did you have to leave us with a question?
Sulriel chapter 5 . 2/11/2004
Jillian, I'm pleased to see another chapter on Maeglin Wayland. What a surprise at the ending! -but a wonderful cameo by one of my favorites. I hope you don't keep us waiting so long for the next update.
Lady Mirwen chapter 5 . 2/11/2004
Ai!
You have finally updated! And how does it end? As a freaking cliffhanger! Ha! An awesome cliffhanger, but a cliffhanger. Wow, Earendil? That was so freakng cool. And Maeglin putting himself in the way of the knife, that was the most heroic thing! I want to see what happens next SO bad. I hope the Valar let Mandy go to Valinor with the elves.
Please don't keep us in suspense for too long.
Lissenen ar' maska' lalaith tenna lye omentuva!
Namarie,
Lady Mirwen
Akedhi chapter 4 . 11/27/2003
Well, well, well. I do believe I may have to borrow the tale of Wayland the Smith as it sounds very, very interesting. Don't worry; I won't steal your idea, though.
If you know html code, you might want to make 'the Elf' and 'the Mortal' bold or italic. Something to set them off from the rest of the text.
I really like this story; Maeglin seems to have repented quite a bit. (Besides, Maeglin and his father Eol are among my fave Silm characters.)
Keep writing! I look forward to reading more.
Dis Thrainsdotter chapter 4 . 11/20/2003
Maeglin looks happy when he is riding Firefly, and he clearly needs to tell Mandy about what happened in Gondolin but he is afraid to do it. I think that he should get it off his chest, in the meanwhile they are good friends and that is great to be.
Tindomiel chapter 4 . 11/18/2003
very nice.

IS the plotline gonna develop?