Reviews for Wayland the Smith
Tinni chapter 4 . 11/18/2003
I knew checking today would pay off! Great story.
Lady Mirwen chapter 4 . 11/17/2003
I love it!
Earwen of Alqualonde chapter 4 . 11/17/2003
That was brilliant! I have come to forgive Maeglin already! Thank you for writing such a wonderful story...
Dis Thrainsdotter chapter 3 . 11/8/2003
Maeglin looks so surpriced when he finds that Maggy wants to be with him. But compaired with her stepfather Maeglin sounds like a pinnacle of kindness. Maybe Maggy will be able to liberate him?
Finch chapter 3 . 11/7/2003
A very nice Maeglin - his loneliness obviously had a beneficial side. He does seem a bit too eager for this young and vulnerable girl's company, though.

I wonder what he's going to tell Mandy about Gondolin.
andreth chapter 3 . 11/6/2003
Another good chapter. Good work with switching the perspectives and keeping the appropriate tone for each character. Maeglin's excitement at her return is very appropriate. Missing something is bad enough, but having that something briefly returned to you and taken away again is so much worse. So when are we gonna see some fairy magic?
andreth chapter 2 . 11/6/2003
Well, it appears as though the years alone did do him some good, and it's not hard to understand the temptation to want company, even forced, after the ages of isolation. It's much more realistic that you showed while he has repented, he can still be tempted to return to his old ways, even briefly. Can't wait to see where this goes.
andreth chapter 1 . 11/6/2003
Interesting beginning, and Maeglin is a hard one to tackle. He seems quiet now, but has he truly repented? Hopefully after all these years and his time alone he has. Yet again, you use old folklore to make a creative connection. I'm very impressed.
Earwen of Alqualonde chapter 3 . 11/6/2003
Not bad at all...wonder what is going to happen next...
Tinni chapter 3 . 11/6/2003
Good story, I like a lot. Now if you will excuse me I am off to join the "No Pokies" party.
Tindomiel chapter 3 . 11/6/2003
This is kinda good. Maeglin is reformed then? He seems a nice guy. Hope he can find solace in mandy.
Earwen of Alqualonde chapter 2 . 11/2/2003
Ah. A companion for Maeglin. It is high time the poor boy recieves one. This is getting interesting... fairies?
Tinni chapter 2 . 11/2/2003
Okay... so Maeglin has company.
Ithilwen of Himring chapter 1 . 11/2/2003
I'm incredibly flattered that you'd dedicate this fic to me! Maeglin and the Wayland story are merged perfectly here. I'm looking forward to seeing the "interesting developments" in the next two chapters.
Earwen of Alqualonde chapter 1 . 10/31/2003
Oh...it is very good indeed. I have always pitied Maeglin. And I would love to continue reading this story.
38 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »