Reviews for Wayland the Smith
Enros too lazy to log in chapter 1 . 10/30/2003
Very interesting and original! Robin of Sherwood being my 'other' fandom, I'm familiar with Wayland, and the idea of him being Maeglin is most intriguing. Good use of the present tense to tell the story as well - quite a difficult feat to get right! I also like the way he has accepted his fate and become almost monk-like. Although of course I am hoping that we'll see some sparks too :)
alena chapter 1 . 10/28/2003
This is very interesting and original! Would like to learn more...
Finch chapter 1 . 10/28/2003
Oh, this is nice - a combination of Maeglin's story and the Wayland legend (when I went to the Cheddar Gorge last year, I saw a road sign pointing toward Wayland's Smithy). I'm very curious what will happen next!
BurningTyger chapter 1 . 10/27/2003
Why does the name "Wayland the Smith" sound so familiar?...

I love Maeglin fics! I especially love the idea of Maeglin in modern times, since I haven't seen that done before. Keep writing!
kasura chapter 1 . 10/27/2003
sounds like Maeglin has repented somewhat. I hope he can have a fresh start soon.
Sulriel chapter 1 . 10/27/2003
Here is hoping that Maeglin can mind his manners and get a couple more chapters.
D chapter 1 . 10/27/2003
I have always wondered if the Valar would react had Maeglin been able to escape gondolins fall with his life. Here it is clear that they would have done so. I like this story, please continue.
Tinni chapter 1 . 10/27/2003
Well, full points for originality, what's going to happen next?
38 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3