Reviews for The Sunflower State
AbyssalDaemon chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
This has too be one of my favorite Smallville stories of all time. I really liked how you managed to write Clark and Lex in character but at the same time fit them into the times the story is set.

Too many times when an author writes a story set in a different time period, there's very little difference with the modern one. But this stayed true to all the facts such as Pete and even Clark's level of education.

Anyway thanks for the great story. Is there any chance of seeing more of this? I'd be interesting to see what changes that Clark and Lex could make in how history goes.
James Birdsong chapter 2 . 11/2/2008
I guess you did okay with thus these two chapters yah
The Die Hard chapter 2 . 11/17/2004
Hah! A happy ending. The Holts would be proud. (Of the Wagons West series, something not to be read unless there is absolutely nothing else to read. Don't ask.) Seriously, if you ever get bored, I can see these back-cast legends becoming a dynasty of their own...
Thorn chapter 1 . 1/13/2004
This is very very good. Uses a lot of the characters, keeps them all "in character", and has a voice and a feel of the time period.
Cyblade Silver chapter 1 . 11/25/2003
That was a great story. And a great AU as well.
lizack chapter 1 . 10/30/2003
Well, I really hope that you'll write a next chapter.

This fic rocks!
The Die Hard chapter 1 . 10/29/2003
He-he! LOVED the language. And Clark's constantly correcting himself. Clueless strikes again! (Well, there was "only cargo discrepancy was a crate of mineralogical samples," but with that untrained but perfect memory of his, you can never tell what's going to stick.) And it was really clever paralleling of the existing story. Lex is Lex, no matter when or where, and power would be drawn to power if we were just crawling out of the caves and on opposite sides of the world when the meteors hit. Not to mention the innuendo. ("If I were a woman...") Kismet. / I'm guessing that Lionel wanted the meteorites for their mutagenic properties, since he's having his thugs check in once a month with his scientist, but it would be interesting speculating how he even knew about that. He wouldn't know squat about Clark. / And the winter wheat lecture was short and to the point. A nice touch.

Much thanks for the R&R of "Proposal." You just gotta know Chloe is a creature of habit. I think maybe Pete should come to Metropolis to offer his congrats to his old friend and bring a small present from Smallville for Clark and Lois to open in private, hm?
PepperjackCandy chapter 1 . 10/28/2003
Oh, well done, LastScorpion!

I sort of missed the smoochies, but this was just perfect the way it was.

Unless there'll be more. With smoochies. In which case it'll be perfect-er. 8-)
nightwing chapter 1 . 10/28/2003
This kicked ass! Really great job.

-henry jones jr
Patrick chapter 1 . 10/28/2003
Very impressive. Not many people could've adopted the Smallville story so well into 19th century life. I look forward to reading other fics of yours.
agge chapter 1 . 10/28/2003
no clex? shame on you! *giv'es scorpie dom spank'y wit' medal stick*

even if no clex, you shouldnt have left it there.

danm cliffies! they are so overrated!

we better see another chapter soon!

when are we gonna see another follow up to a man's got to now his limitations? especially when you left it as marriage between lois and lex, yet having threesome of clark and later on, having clark give birth.

and if you like and emotionally abused or tortured, or even a blackmailed clark, then yould like my stories.

Revelations and changes. and ofcourse, my name is my userid, here at ff where they are posted.

mel chapter 1 . 10/28/2003
I like this..are you going to contiune it I hope? ;)