Reviews for Cut and Style
Cloti22 chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
wow. this was a different take on cloud/tifa i must say. but brilliant.

i don't know why but i kept feeling like crying throughout the whole fic. the last line was beautiful. just beautiful.
Quisty Almasy chapter 1 . 5/18/2007
Ok to start off, I rarely read FF7 fanfic. although I really should, I mean, I barely have enough time to read all the Seiftis's out there ( I can't get enough of your fics. though and Tifa has always been my fav. character in ff7 so I couldn't help myself but read this either. About this fic., I've always pictured something like this between Tifa/Cloud. I too have always felt that he didn't deserve her love. This was very well written I must say ) Although I almost feel bad for Cloud-almost. I can see why you favor Tifa, she is quite similar to QUistis in many ways, both strong female characters. Please continue writing mroe stories!
higher than sky high chapter 1 . 4/12/2006
Whoa, I really like this! Tifa's attitude adjustment is quite inspiring. :) The haircut was a perfect metaphor! And Costa del Sol being such a happy vacation town and all. The last line was really touching, and I liked how you pulled Callin, a complete stranger, into it after her "defining" conversation with Cloud. For once a fic where she's moved on and not with Vincent!
suriru chapter 1 . 6/30/2005
oh wow, a really different side to Tifa. I think I love it.
invisiblesplotch chapter 1 . 6/15/2005
Nice, very nice. It's a very different take on the Cloud/Tifa relationship. For once, he knows how she feels, heheh. She's finally free from him. Good for Tifa!
SingleStone chapter 1 . 9/18/2004
Oh man.. I read this story a while back when I didn't have an account. But... I loved it back then and I love it even moreso now. It's perfect. Absolutely perfect. How strong Tifa was, how willing and determined she was to move on, how she liberated herself not only by cutting her hair short but also by walking away from Cloud... it's just perfect. Wow. I'd always wanted Tifa to do something like that. And not to mention, you've got a talent with words. It flowed smoothly and was definitely a pleasure to read. I just reread it and I'm amazed at how impressive this fic is. Sorry for such a late review though! But this is definitely one of my favorites.
Sunflower-chan chapter 1 . 1/29/2004
Your protrayl of Tifa was great!
Sabriel41 chapter 1 . 1/19/2004
Excellent work with this, Ripley...
It's said that men grow their hair when they want independence, and women cut theirs... you've put a very well-written spin on this (it was actually an idea I was toying with - Tifa cutting her hair and moving on - before I came across your story, but you've done such a lovely job, I might have to reconsider; I wouldn't want to step on your toes.)
You've captured both the setting and Tifa's thoughts and motivations very well (hurrah- for once she's *not* a bartender!), and I hope to see more from you in the future.
Regards, and Starry Nights,
~Sabriel.
Kyuunen chapter 1 . 11/7/2003
Ouch. This was one good fic. It was so vivid that it stings. It's as if I can feel their pain. Argh. Though I like this fic, it left me frustated. How could she just let him go! Argh! Tifa, Tifa, Tifa... I just want to claw her to bits sometimes! And still you just want to give her a great big hug! Hehe.

Keep writing! ~Kyuu
Verdanii chapter 1 . 11/1/2003
Cute, pretty too.

*how the hell can a fic be pretty?*

I don't know, shut up!

*no, you shut up!*

...ok.
Black Poe chapter 1 . 10/31/2003
Oh...wow...that was the best story I've ever read. Really. It was simply amazing and well-written and eloquent and interesting and - okay, to put it short, this story was simply beautiful. I love to see Tifa move on and NOT rot away for the no-good blond porcupine.

Of course, I like my share of Tifa/Cloud's, but this story was SO REFRESHING. God, I love this story. Very nice, detailed, clear, and lovely.

Keep up the great work.
Jess Angel chapter 1 . 10/30/2003
I must echo The Jack of Spades: Go Tifa! _

Very well-written. Original concepts [love how you used the hair cut to further the theme of her 'a new start'. On spot characterizations. This was simply an awesome fic. Good to see Tif taking control, being the strong woman she is, moving on, and being perfectly OK and content with that. The ending with Callin was a sweet and cute touch.

Marvelous work. I loved this. Write on my fellow authoress!

Jess 0:o)
Candace chapter 1 . 10/30/2003
I really like your work. I love what you do with the characters from the games.
A. Nonymous III esq chapter 1 . 10/30/2003
WHOA! NICE! Finally, one where Tifa isn't groveling for Cloud... CHANGE! And I always thought of Tifa as a strong and independent woman, she just never got a chance to show it off. GREAT!
Lady Geagua chapter 1 . 10/30/2003
YAY! This story sounds kool! I think Cloud and Callin should have like an all out battle. Like have Callin already be trained in martial arts and then he and Cloud have a battle for Tifa's love! w00t! Please continue either way!