Reviews for Shades of the Immortal
NinielB chapter 1 . 11/16/2004
This is very good. I like the feel in it. You are very good at putting thoughts on paper. complments for that
Avalon Estel chapter 1 . 11/2/2004
That's cool. I got the shivers. You should definitely write more like this. (shudder) I've still got the heebie-jeebies. Too bad I didn't read this the day before yesterday!

Avie

I know this sounds like advertising, but would you read some of my work? I have eight fics up, and half of them are LOTR. You are a writer far superior to most on this sight. I bow to your skills.
Dragon Confused chapter 1 . 12/10/2003
*tiptoes in*
Look who's back... they didn't have that big teeth (well nothing that my erm... milk fangs couldn't see off), they didn't eat me, and the drippy nose of freshers flu saw off the blazing inferno.
I missed you! *pounces and huggles*
Beautiful story. Just beautiful.
D
erunyauve chapter 1 . 11/23/2003
The idea that the land can evoque the image of the elves long after the elves have gone is an appealing one. Bound to Arda, it makes sense that something of their fëar would remain with the land as they regretfully left it behind. The land itself would know loss, too, and it seems appropriate that it would hold on to its memory and to that bit of elvishness left in its fabric.
Rose Sared chapter 1 . 11/8/2003
oh I did enjoy that, feel like wandering out to one of my magic places to see the procession that should be there. never mind, thanks for the story and more please.

Rose
Tolkanonms chapter 1 . 11/1/2003
No time to log in, but had to tell you what a wonderful story this is. Tightly written. Solid narrator - no modern mind in olden garb here. The mood of it is perfect for the holiday - was it real, was it illusion, or was it a moment when worlds past and present touched? And the land itself is a constant presence. Nicely done!
Soledad chapter 1 . 11/1/2003
Absolutely stunning. I could speak in circles and say the same thing a dozen times, but it would only ruin everything. So, I only say this much: thank you for sharing.
Lasse-Lanta chapter 1 . 11/1/2003
Like an old Irish fable, with the same cadence and wonder. Ah, that we should all be standing in a the wild somewhere and be gifted with the sight. A good interpretation of the statement.
Kristin chapter 1 . 10/31/2003
That was nice. That line is one that stuck with me from the books too! :)
pishymishy chapter 1 . 10/31/2003
I really like this story! I've always had such a fascination with elves, and the lines about the land remembering the elves has stuck with me too. You can't help but feel sad about the elves sailing... anyway, great job!
Gingerbeer chapter 1 . 10/31/2003
Beautiful. Next to perfect. I can't put words on it; I'm glad you did. You truly captured the essence of the Elves that has been with me since the introduction of Gildor.

Your style is perfectly suited, to it, like a juxtaposition of earth and sky. My one minor quibble is with the word "ethereal": it somehow jars with the voice of an uneducated farmboy. But that is very minor.

You have succeeded. This is the spirit of the Elves. And a happy Hallowe'en to you!