Reviews for The Mystery of the Red Violin
Basil Fan chapter 1 . 8/21
I have to say, that this is my very favorite GMD fanfiction ever! You are a fabulous writer and gave a very nice take on Basils family. Im not sure if Im fond of Basils name, though it kind of grew on me as the story progressed. And I was also wondering if Basils older brothers name was taken off of Sherlocks older brothers name? Because it seemed like an extended version of Mycroft to me. You captured Basils personality and character amazingly acuratelty! And I just adored how Brynna was the only one who could make him 'behave' and keep him 'under controll', so to speak. Very good job! Keep it up!
Rayner Fox chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
Oh, I loved how you keep pulling us deeper into a mystery while still having comments to make about music. I really loved it.
jjhatter chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
Firstly: "Dr. Finkelstein?" I sense a reference to Tim Burton...

Second: have I left any reviews to your past stories I've favorited? If not, I humbly apologize. If so...I apologize snyway, for forgetting, and must say this: I am thoroughly convinced your GMD stories are among the absolute best, if not THE best.

This is all, and excellent work! "With time so short, I'll say so long and go, so soon, goodbye!" ;)

Sincerely yours,
Noelle M chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
Wow, I read this a while ago, so I'm very sorry I didn't review at that time. This is just absolutely amazing, totally beyond fantastic even. You write beautifully! I loved the entire story. I wish you would write more. I believe this is one of my favorite Great Mouse Detective stories!~
Sky Dragon Queen chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
THIS Story was brilleant. You so Have to make a sequal. Your really good at writting stories and this one has caught my eye. Well Done. Please make a sequal I want to know of the Red violin corrects its mistake or hunts him in another way.

Well Done and keep writting.
Kesomon chapter 1 . 3/26/2009
Excellent tale, as all your Basil stories are. I'm curious, is it coincidence or sneaky cameo from Animorphs that brings Tobias the red-tailed hawk into this story?
Vorserkeien chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
:D Yay, finally found a GMD fic that's NOT a MS :D!

Brilliantly written & great fun to read, & I'm now far later going to bed than I intended to be, but oh well, it was worth it :D!

M chapter 1 . 9/12/2005
correction: "The Baker Street Three", not "Trio". room's A/C is on full blast and my nose is driving me crazy; don't want to annoy my schoolmates.
M chapter 1 . 9/12/2005
Master Brett! -lol- Jeremy Brett, my favorite Holmes portrayal (considering i'm an 1980s child, and his SH performance went from 1984-1994, go fig). -laughs- so many references, it's almost as if the two mice ARE our favorite human detective duo. shame that it's not done in the same style as Sir Doyle does it, having Watson (or Dawson, in this case) narrate it but i guess doing it this way works a little better.

and a Strad. -whistles- ex-piano player, the old musical terms still stuck in my head, as well studying. nice touch.

Joshua Bell... maybe not Joseph Bell (guessing), DA man of inspiration for Sherlock but, what the heck.

Dawson as an uncle to the twins? -cackles, then winces- though i don't think i look forward to being called "auntie" (a cousin's got two kids already).

although, quite interesting with adding in a family element for Basil. have you heard of March Hare? she wrote "Baker Street Trio" two-three years back and when i first read it, it was as if the Master (Sir Doyle) was back from the dead (despite being slightly different from traditional Sherlockian/Holmesian canon and style). however, circumstances forced her to take it down due to that "Baker Street Trio" has now been turned to being published as "Elementary, My Dear" under Autumn Sabol (available at Amazon and other online book/media stores). recommended reading, even though there are differences between Basil and Sherlock. check out March Hare's profile, more info there.

keep writing.
erosgirl chapter 1 . 7/25/2004
well that was an excellent read. i enjoyed it quite a bit. i think it was kinda OOC, except perhaps for Dawson, but i still came away from the story liking it. that was just really good...well...dunno what else to say...bye!
Meitantei Kudo KID chapter 1 . 7/15/2004

Whoa... Just... whoa...
Kristine Lawrence chapter 1 . 7/12/2004
Cybra, I found this story while I was doing a search "The Red Violin" sheet music and I'm glad I did because I loved every minute of it. In fact, I now have the page listed in my "favorites".

You're a very talented writer.

The Mouse Avenger chapter 1 . 6/18/2004
The story is great! I love your fanfic, especially this one!

And thanks for letting me use Tobias! I do appreciate it!
Para chapter 1 . 2/24/2004
This is such a great adaptation! I cannot believe that it hasn't gotten more reviews! It's very absorbing and well-written!
Roxie Zephyr Jocelyn chapter 1 . 2/22/2004
It's a great story, very interesting! Keep up the good work Cybra!