Reviews for A Light from the Shadow shall spring
Wah! Wah! *umkipp*
Geniale Geschichte! Genialster Epilog! *mich nicht mehr einkrieg*
blankedname chapter 4 . 3/16/2004
As I promised!
A constructive ( well:perhaps..:p)..review , now that ffnet is finally working again. ( couldn't log in yesterday).
You know I like this story and you know like Frodo even more. But actually I don't want to know what the next chapter is going to be like, as you said it would be the hardest one to bear.*sniff*
We'll see...
Iorhael chapter 11 . 2/24/2004
I'm so glad Frodo finally accepted his being in Brandy Hall. He needed the place as much as the place needed him to share his love and care. He had lost his parents but he would not lose the attention and love from the others.
Ivy Burrows chapter 11 . 2/21/2004
WOW! The Epilog is fantastic...it brought tears to my eyes...
Really wonderful written...such a silent and sad mood in it!
Breon Briarwood chapter 11 . 2/21/2004
Unfortunately, we must have some shadow to appreciate the light. Glad to see Frodo's finding his light again. So very touching, so moving...
Excellent job! I would like to see a sequel, if you're so inclined?
Breon Briarwood chapter 10 . 2/8/2004
You brought tears to my eyes several times. I like my angst, but I'm glad to see the happier turn at the end. It looks like Bilbo is proving everyone wrong. I can't wait to read the rest.
Iorhael chapter 10 . 2/3/2004
Frodo should not fear to forget his parents when he got foster parents. He should feel lucky instead to have people who loved him.
And Bilbo... he's a marvel himself!
Elwen chapter 10 . 2/1/2004
Your first few chapters were a little difficult to read. I liked the idea of seeing the events from different viewpoints but found myself skimming towards the end of Primula's version. Perhaps you could have condensed this a bit.
That is my only criticism, however.
You have caught the various emotions of the extended family well, especially when they were trying to get Frodo to recount what had happened.
I'm enjoying the tale very much and am interested to see where you take it next.
Terra chapter 9 . 1/20/2004
Happy happy ... You have updated and I love this chapter. Its so long you brith up my terrybile days were I have to lern only -. Well I wars Hopig that Bilbi can adorpt Frodo very son but I now you good enof to now that you will write with the storyline of the origenal Book, wont you? So Frodo have to wait a bit longer -
Ivy Burrows chapter 9 . 1/18/2004
Poor Frodo, poor Esme.
I like it that she cares so much for him.
Ivy Burrows chapter 9 . 1/18/2004
Poor Frodo, poor Esme.
I like it that she cares so much for him.
first-rain chapter 9 . 1/18/2004
I love it that Esmeralda cares for Frodo deeply. And I also love that Bilbo understands what Frodo really needs. I love Bilbo and Frodo interaction! Great work! And don't worry. Your English is "*good* enough to move people".
Terra chapter 8 . 1/6/2004
wä das giebt es doch gar nicht ich ahb 2 kapitel verpast LOl aber jetzt kann ich sie ja lesen udn das werde ich auch -
samanthasideas chapter 8 . 1/4/2004
I like it, everything is very believable...I just can't wait till the other hobbits join him ;)
Ivy Burrows chapter 8 . 1/3/2004
Nice to see that you've updated your story.
It makes my heart ache to read how Frodo was before...so happy and without any sorrow...and now so sad.
What I especially like in that chapter is that you describe that you can see the change of Frodo's sea-blue eyes - sparkling before the death of his parents and after that all the joy in them has vanished away.