Reviews for Absolution
Paolo chapter 7 . 3/19/2011
Hey, I thought your writing handled a delicate situation with true finesse. Do you have any other pokemon fics by any chance?

If so, can you email me a link at paulos_27 .uk please )

Paul
LSPK136 chapter 7 . 5/31/2010
Just like the first story in this little two part mini series, I have to say that this is great. I loved this one as much as the first. Nothing specific, just the whole story in general.
themagebear chapter 2 . 4/6/2010
only problem with the fic is the lack of pokemon. the magebear would think pikachu would play a much bigger role, even if ash gave up training. the magebear thinks that even if he was no longer a trainer, pikachu would still hang around.
Aiselne Phoenix Nocturnus chapter 7 . 7/11/2009
(Overall Review) Wow! I really enjoyed “Why” but I have to say I liked this sequel even more (which doesn’t happen to me very often when it comes to sequels).

What really amazed me about this story was the level of detail and effort you put into Aya. Ordinarily, I frown upon fanfics that lessen canon characters’ (ie. Ash/Misty) roles for the sake of better emphasizing “new” characters like Aya. However, in this story’s defense, I found Aya to be such an utterly amazing character that I had NO problem with her getting the lead role.

I adored Aya in “Why,” but come this story I appreciated her on a completely different level. In “Why,” she’s just a sweet little girl, but in this sequel she’s older and matures into a young woman. It was absolutely genius to have this sequel take place years later when Aya is about to set out on her Pokemon journey. I’d venture to say Aya at age ten is more mature than her father was at that age (hehe)! Then again, Aya is forced to grow up quickly as she unlocks the secrets regarding her parents and her birth. I really felt for the girl on a number of occasions, while I also was intrigued to see her change as the story progressed. We get to see Aya’s metamorphosis into a young woman. Between that and her unique personality (a culmination of Ash and Misty and your own originalities), Aya’s easily become one of my very favorite “new characters” I’ve read in fanfiction. You really took the overused concept of “Ash/Misty’s daughter fanfics” and took them to a higher and more polished level. The gorgeously fitting ending left me speechless!

In all honesty, I have no complaints with this story. It’s well written and Aya is honest-to-goodness unforgettable! This is yet another one of your awesome stories that’s won a slot on my favorites list. Excellent job!
warprince2000 chapter 7 . 4/11/2004
Cool story! can't wait to see what happens in the next story you write (update soon Plz)
nonombre chapter 7 . 12/29/2003
All I can say is... "Wow"
You almost had me crying there at times lol...
This is one of the best fics I have ever read and I'm so happy I got to. You did a fantastic job and I can't wait to read more of your work.
. Mony
Etherelemental chapter 7 . 12/16/2003
Well, that wasn't really what I expected, but then again, upredictability is a key factor in a good storyline; as no one wants to know whats going to happen before it does. Anyway, I liked how you worked this. It was really interesting to read this. Thanks for having it up!
Grocko chapter 7 . 12/15/2003
Ah! excellent short little peace to wrap things up as they say! Almost kinda like the passing of the tourch case scanerio!
Well I know I keep echoing the same stuff here but, you keep comeing up wih the same top nouch materail!. I like numerious others can't wait to see what you drum out next! which if my guess is right, will be Revoulations...hm looking ahead to that as we say ta ta to this!
all in all a great read all the way through Karen, and a seqeul with a great plot which gives nothing but credit o itself and it's prequel before it!
Talk to ya soon
Geo.
rainastar chapter 7 . 12/14/2003
That was a GREAT ending. I loved this story. - I knew Aya will have a little sister. That is so cool that she is a pokemon master like her dad(Ash). Well I enjoyed this story. I am looking foward for more. Peace.
ChaosShadow chapter 7 . 12/14/2003
Wow, I'm speechless. You did a fabulous job with the story! Two thumbs up! :)
1432 chapter 7 . 12/14/2003
Well, Karen, once again one of your brilliant stories have come and gone and as your others this one was no short of wonderful.
You characterized Aya wonderfully, giving her attributes from both of her parents. The plot itself was very well developed and Aya's reaction to finding out Ash and Misty's secret was realistic and well-written. Your ending fit the entire story perfectly, and it was nice to see how they had all survived Misty's past mistakes.
I'm sad to see that this is over, especially since I have had such a good time reading it. I guess I'm just going to have to be counting down the days until Resolutions is posted ;)
Keep up the amazing work )
Anysia chapter 7 . 12/14/2003
For some *reason*, won't let me log in. *pouts* But it's really me! Honest! Social frogs and all that. _
This chapter was so bittersweet for me. It really made me smile wistfully and feel so happy that everything was resolved so beautifully. Aya's such a sweetheart; it's nice to see that she's following in her father's footsteps. You did such an incredible job dealing with the entire situation, and for that I salute you. _
Of course, the bittersweet feeling comes with the fact that now that you've finished, what am I supposed to read? Rae's almost done 'Game of Love'; I'm nearly fic-less! *poke* Hurry up with 'Resolutions'; I'm going through withdrawal!
Incidentally, Tobey sat in my lap and stared at the computer screen for the duration of the chapter. I take this to mean that he was as enthralled by it as I was, though it's possible that he was just entranced by the pretty light. Either way, my puppy loved it as well! You're *that* good.
Again very humbled and honored for the mention; trust me, you've served as an unbelievable inspiration for me, too! You've done an absolutely incredible job with yet another fic, and I am so proud to know you! _
-Bri
shadowshock12 chapter 6 . 12/11/2003
Nice story but I only skimed the fifth chapter due to the fact I am in school right now Ha Ha
rainastar chapter 6 . 12/10/2003
So great! YAY! Aya forgave her mom(Misty). And now Misty is pregant with another baby. I hope it is a girl. Well I can't wait for the epoilogue.
Etherelemental chapter 6 . 12/9/2003
Well, I liked how that was. You could even have finished it here, as it has a nice finished feel at this point, but an epilogue will be nice. Anyway, I liked how all this went. It was quite obvious that Aya was fighting a losing battle with herself. But, it was all quite good. Thanks for having this up. _