Reviews for Gentlemen of Fortune
Laureril chapter 2 . 1/20/2004
Hup-Hup-Huzzah! New chapter! *does a happy dance* I rather like young Jack.
MidnightAngel4361 chapter 2 . 1/20/2004
This is absolutely brilliant, well done, mate. Please update soon! X
Ellie8605 chapter 2 . 1/19/2004
Ahh, I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying this story! This is an extremely interesting take on Jack's past, and it sort of...works, lol, for lack of a better word! Definitely one of the best stories I've ever read-keep it up, can't wait to see where you go with this!
Mistress of Destruction chapter 2 . 1/19/2004
Very intresting so far. It kinda explains why we all think that Jack's psyce is a little off kilter. (Think that's how to spell it.) Anyway, poor Jack... I mean, Ew! Please keep writing so that I know our dear Captain will get out of his current situation without... Ew... it's just gross thinking about it. I better stop now while I'm ahead.
Hils chapter 2 . 1/19/2004
I adore this story... are you updating soon?
Ashfae chapter 2 . 1/18/2004
I am a lame, lame, lame betareader who took far too long to get back to you.
Fortunately the chapter didn't suffer as a result. Woot, entertainment! The first utterance of "bloody pirates!" Historical accuracies! An epiphany! Sexy thirteen-year-old Jack half-naked and bleeding-wait, wait, that's not a good thing, too much CLAMP...
*returns to commandeering PotC*
Alseid chapter 2 . 1/18/2004
Great chapter. I can't wait to see the next one!
Alseid chapter 1 . 12/30/2003
Wonderful! I love young!jack. This is extremely well-written and I can't wait for the next chapter.
The Badgers chapter 1 . 12/23/2003
The Badgers give you our regards. You have made a story that is very very well writen with just enough comedy. A perfect ablance of story and, what you do best, comedy. Bravo. Come my badgers we shall ride on the marrow!
TheOriginalRhi chapter 1 . 12/13/2003
i've got to say that this is one of the best stories i've ever read. it's very descriptive and interesting. i hope to see more of it soon.
~Rhi
Cole chapter 1 . 12/12/2003
Finally had time to devote myself to reading something real. I seem to remember a second chapter... is it still being revised? Or are you just waiting til after your nasty term paper to deal with it? ~
Laureril chapter 1 . 12/2/2003
Hup, hup, Huzzah!
This story looks great, and I can't wait for the next chapter.
Just one thing: what's up with the khol?
Ozma chapter 1 . 11/13/2003
Mad as a Hatter? That explains a lot! You're off to a wonderful start. Little Jack is delightful, imaginative, inventive and managing to do well for himself despite his bleak circumstances. At least until his father sold him.

Your portrait of Jack's mother is very poignant. Once she understands what Jack's father has done with their son what will she do? (Perhaps she WILL burn the house down with the b*stard in it?)

The opening part with Jack's crew was pure delight. You handle the canon characters brilliantly. I especially enjoyed their reaction to the story about the ladies of the evening.

Hope to see another chapter whenever you feel the urge!
ErinRua chapter 1 . 11/12/2003
Oh I DO hope your muses will give us more soon, yes? This is off to a chilling and most intriguing start and it's evident you have some background history to work from. I hope we'll see more of this tale soon!

Cheers ~

Erin
Playing Passerine chapter 1 . 11/9/2003
the thrush? *giggle* i'm not too big a fan of most potc fic (okay, i tried writing it so i'm a hypocrite, bah) but as ever, you are an exception :) continue, and i'll even work hard to repress those history major nitpicking instincts!
39 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »