Reviews for Gentlemen of Fortune
Ashfae chapter 1 . 11/3/2003
Woot! It lives! Definitely liking the new title, and definitely still liking the story. Niftiness on all counts.

I get to beta chapter two also, yes? I love being able to read things before anyone else gets to. ;)
Indigo Intrigue chapter 1 . 11/2/2003
m. that was lovely.

young jack fics don't usually appeal to me, but i was drawn in by the summary. (never say they don't work.) actually, more by the fact that the summary had correct spelling, grammar and punctuation. hah.

anyway, you're an excellent writer. continue writing and update quickly!

-lydia

PS. by the way, if you either need or want a beta reader, i'd LOVE to be yours. email me at .
Fyrie chapter 1 . 11/2/2003
*squees and bounces* EEH! Spiffy! I love Mrs Hatter and heck, since I know what you've told me of this, I adore where it's going :D Poor ickle Jack! *bounces some* Jack's junior nuttiness and logic is spiffy, especially with the pie-lady :D

Although, me being me, I have one complaint: th use of 'okay'. Like in the film, it jars in the timeline. "All right" would be more fitting, but that's just me *hides from the quazi-historical-brit-picking tendencies* I really like stories set and written in that time period too much :)
JeanieBeanie33 chapter 1 . 11/2/2003
Please continue! It sounds pretty entertaining, but I expected his father to be a pirate and mother to be a prostitute. Very unique, I dare say. Now we know where Jack got his madness from! But who would have ever of thought of his MOTHER? I'd've bet his FATHER.
Maeve chapter 1 . 11/2/2003
Oh, please write some more! I'm gripped. Please!
Civeta chapter 1 . 11/2/2003
Wow, this is awesome! I usually don't even like stories about young Jack, but this is so well-written and interesting that I ended up liking it in spite of myself. Please keep writing! I added you to my favorites list! :-)
Cunien chapter 1 . 11/2/2003
This is wonderfully written and so different! There aren't too many good stories of Jack as a kid - this is really original and so believable. Please write more!
kingleby chapter 1 . 11/2/2003
what a nasty father :( poor jack. love this story so far please write more soon!
Volinde chapter 1 . 11/1/2003
That has got to be, the best fanfic I have ever read. Sweetness, I say.
39 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3