Reviews for The Vampire Sands
1BabyBoy chapter 55 . 1/18/2008
I liked the image of that not-so-innocent granny. Imagine: doilies in the parlor and guns hidden in the library! How come Sands and Abberline didn't beg a little gingerbread? Perhaps they should have stayed for tea. Don't they remember that they were once Englishmen?
1BabyBoy chapter 54 . 1/18/2008
Does either man ever remember the family and friends he left behind when he was turned? They never see to recall them as Victoria sometimes does. Also, if Abberline in life had to be half wasted on absinthe to get from day to day, how does he manage centuries as a vampire? In his heart, has Lilith replaced his human wife?
1BabyBoy chapter 53 . 1/18/2008
Hard to roust one's enemies when one doesn't yet trust one's friends!
1BabyBoy chapter 52 . 1/18/2008
What a weird boys-will-be-boys male bonding scene but when ego is on the line...
1BabyBoy chapter 51 . 1/18/2008
Boy, this has the potential to be a lose-lose for Victoria, for if Sands comes to think that Victoria doesn't trust him, there might be heck to pay! On the other hand, their relationship is new enough that Sands doesn't yet know what Victoria is fully capable of: being surprised to learn more about her might just keep him as entertained as Lilith suggests he must always be.
1BabyBoy chapter 50 . 1/18/2008
How sad that Victoria's conditioning under Jacob should, even now, caution her to rethink her trust in Quinn, who was there to help her dispose of the threat against her and the rest of the clan! I'm also confused. As this story begins, weren't the vampires hunting the werewolves? Now the werewolves are hunting the vampires?
1BabyBoy chapter 49 . 1/18/2008
So she's ready for "serious?" What would that mean, exactly, in the vampire world? Would Sands and Victoria be like Abberline and Lilith? Would such an arrangement mean spinning off another clan? But if Victoria has never "turned" anyone? Questions. Questions. I'm assuming that vampires can't procreate in the human sense. I liked seeing Victoria be sweet to that cabbie. Just wish she could have acted so without first having searched his mind.
1BabyBoy chapter 48 . 1/18/2008
Is this evil ancient one Viscalli again? Seems likely, as all these turnings are occurring in Europe.
1BabyBoy chapter 47 . 1/17/2008
Sands could enthrall me anytime if he ministered to me like that!
1BabyBoy chapter 46 . 1/17/2008
Could Sands enthrall all watchers at once into thinking he was dancing instead of standing still? Sands can throw around the word "love;" can he mean it?
1BabyBoy chapter 45 . 1/17/2008
Oh, the irony in Sands owning such a place! Delicious!
1BabyBoy chapter 44 . 1/17/2008
I think writing dialogue between couples post- and pre-coital must be difficult. You do it well!
1BabyBoy chapter 43 . 1/17/2008
Oh, I think I would have first insisted on that shower!
1BabyBoy chapter 42 . 1/17/2008
Interesting how the male vampire can't "read' the female vampire anymore than can the male human read his female! How is it that Sands doesn't realize how much his evident lack of faith in Victoria hurt her? Or is he disappointed that she didn't read his mind, for then he'd know that, had she done so and was still very willing to be in his company, that only then must she care for him? Is this his twisted logic?
1BabyBoy chapter 41 . 1/17/2008
Is Jackson badly hurt enough that unless he were turned he'd die? Is this then the point where Sands and company have to make a decision about his future? Also, when Sands tells Klein to take it easy ("you're not one of us, yet") does that mean he is considering turning Klein? Would it be his decision or that of the Guardians?