Reviews for Bribery and Blackmail
Linda-Nairika chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
Nice, funny - and touching. Thank you!
Elrond's Scribe chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
Do you really wanna know the answer to that question, Aragorn?
amyfan4ever chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
I think I just about died of laughter when I read, "Drastic ones"

That was great, well written. Couldn't ask for better. Poor Elrond, having 5 hobbits in his house at once.
Emily chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
Until this point in all of your stories I managed to keep a straight face and limit my reactions to sniffs of laughter and half-grins, but when I read this, I had to grin so largely I'm sure I looked like the Cheshire Cat. It was all I could do not to burst out in laughter. How funny!

"DRASTIC ones" indeed! Hurrah for Elrond! : )
Seren89 chapter 1 . 1/4/2007
great story
Leia Wood aka Cascadia chapter 1 . 7/27/2004
This is one my favorites! I love the way you've captured the hobbits' antics and their individual actions/reactions-especially facing Elrond's 'wrath', LOL! I love it! :)

The Phantom chapter 1 . 1/13/2004
Brilliant! Just brilliant. What a charming tale.
~ Phantom
Baylor chapter 1 . 12/30/2003
You have such a great understanding of Merry's cunning little mind! I was in stiches while he was plotting out the rising of a new Buckland industry (with himself at the head of it, naturally). But you did not tell us what Elrond's drastic measures would be? No more custard? Only three meals a day? One must wonder.
smalldiver chapter 1 . 11/27/2003
Note to self: NEVER read Budgielover's stories in IT lessons.

Everyone was working quietly, and then i burst out laughing. As we were supposed to be working at the time, the teacher was not best pleased...

Yet another wonderful story; keep them coming!
amc623 chapter 1 . 11/24/2003
Heh, famous last words. You just wait.

What a funny little story! Leave it to the Between the bribery and the blackmail and the guilty hobbits covered in ashes this was plenty interesting. I needed an amusing story like this one, thank you.

Azaelia chapter 1 . 11/15/2003
"Aragorn drew up his knees and looped his arms comfortably over them. 'Oh, I shouldn’t worry, Father. How much trouble can four little hobbits get into?'"

They probably don't want to find out the answer to that one!

Great job, Budgielover! A wonderfully funny story, with a just-right moment of panic. I love those hobbits: There's no end to the trouble they can get into, especially in Rivendell, where none know what close watching they need!

ShireDweller chapter 1 . 11/9/2003
Oh I enjoyed this. Stern Elrond ("Drastic ones"-loved that!), wretched Frodo, wicked Aragorn, and entrepeneurial Merry. But, confess now - were you thinking of a certain nameless place when you made the still explode? (I was!)
sam chapter 1 . 11/5/2003
Hehehehe! Poor Elrond. He has no idea. The image of Strider sliding down the door in laughter and Elrond's sour look. You had me holding onto the table to keep from falling down. I recieved many stange looks. I guess I'll go read "Intruder" now. I'm reading these stories backwards. lol
LilyBaggins chapter 1 . 11/4/2003
UNTRUER words Aragorn never spoke, than those that end this chapter! I love the foreshadowing toward the troubles ahead for them all in the Rivendell stories . . . boy, if he only knew!

This was a riot-Merry and Pippin and their home brew, oh dear-poor Elrond! And yet it had some lovely h/c too-I most enjoy it when Aragorn bribes Frodo to eat! Of course we see more of that in "Recovery in Rivendell," but I can't ever seem to get enough convalescing Frodo. This was great, Budgielover-diehard entertainment.
Mish chapter 1 . 11/2/2003
LOL! Oh my goodness! That was great! :D Hehehe! I'm still laughin'! Excellent job. :)