Reviews for Shampoo 12
Comic-San chapter 1 . 10/8/2001
Great story, I've enjoyed it lots.
Sunhawk1 chapter 45 . 9/14/2001
(takes hat off in salute) Bravo!
LSMcGill chapter 40 . 9/7/2001
I finished reading this on the website. Very happy to see that you've got the entirety of the main story on FFN. Must say, you and Krista Perry are probably the TWO authors I'm doing my best to live up to. And if you have any idea how hard it is to try and make a story that lives up to EITHER of you, you'd probably have a headache, too. (Incidentally, Gil-sama dictating to Taidel, who has heard nothing but "this story is great!" ever since he read it) I lost a MONTH of writing time reading Shampoo 1/2 and HoI. I only hope I might someday aspire to your exalted ranks.

Signed,

LS McGill

Ranma 1/2: The Mandarin
CatgirlLk-1579 chapter 38 . 9/1/2001
not really much to comment on, but i like the ranma becomes a god and gives it up for love idea. who'ed a thought he had it in him?
CrowKenobi chapter 38 . 8/29/2001
What can I say? If this chapter was a movie, I would give it a standing O! It'd be like Wayne and Garth bowing to Aerosmith! I pity Deep for giving up so quick, 'cause he really missed out here! Like I said earlier, this is one of the best Ranma stories I have found on the net, and this chapter just absolutley proves it! I may be just a dumb old guy, but this chapter (no matter how many times I re-read it) ALWAYS brings a tear to my eye! I can honestly say that as far as I know, this is the only one to be able to do that! You really did push all the right buttons here! Great job! I salute you, DB!
Locke1 chapter 24 . 6/27/2001
*clears throat*... THAT WAS THE BEST CHAPTER!

need I say more p
Kesshi Mashin chapter 24 . 6/27/2001
Man, that was sooo uncoo, Deep. Gawd... Keep up the great work, DB!
Krista Perry chapter 24 . 6/27/2001
Okay, let me make one thing clear, right off the bat. I do not approve of "Deep's" review of Shampoo 1/2. Shampoo 1/2 is one of my favorite fics of all time, and I'm happy to see it make an appearance here on . D.B. Sommer is a brilliant author whose work I admire and respect. So really, people, there's no need to get your panties in a twist over which fic is better. Because if the Shampoo 1/2 and Hearts of Ice review forums turn into a battleground over such a petty and pointless argument, I will gladly conceed to D.B. and remove my fics from altogether. The fact that someone would leave a snippy, negative (and anonymous) review for my fic just to get back at someone who left a snippy negative review for D.B.'s fic boggles my mind. I can't even comprehend why people even need to say "Well, this fic is good, but that fic is better." 9_9 There's no need for comparison, especially when a fic is as good as Shampoo 1/2. And as I see it, the only similarity between the HoI and Shampoo 1/2 is length. My writing style and D.B.'s writing style are wildly different. It's like... trying to compare Stephen King to Ray Bradbury. I enjoy both writers, for vastly different reasons. So people, keep that in mind before you leave a review for Shampoo 1/2 and try to drag my name or fic into the mess, and visa versa. Because the only thing that will do is annoy the hell out of me, and when I'm annoyed, I remove myself from the source of my annoyance. Anyway, D.B., sorry for the lengthy post (rant?) in your forum. I believe I've mentioned how much I love your fic previously and elsewhere, but let me just again say that Shampoo 1/2 has been one of my favorite reading experiences - ever. So, thank you. _
Temptress chapter 1 . 6/26/2001
What's with all this arguments about spoiling plot? The title is obvious.
Wishbringer chapter 24 . 6/26/2001
Been reading the review. Interesting point you have about spoiling a story. Some people like to know who the author is pairing up with in his work before they even begin to read it, because they are a big fan of certain pairing, they like to stick to stories about that. I don't think giving away that info would have really affect the plot. With imagination, the author could make the plot into anything and still interesting to readers. In review for this story, it's okay.
Kira Saionji chapter 24 . 6/26/2001
I personally have not been reading ahead and I'm very upset with Deep for spoiling that part of the story for me. It's fun to pretend that this is all new and wait for each part to come out. In my opinion this story is even better than "Hearts of Ice" so far. It has a lighter tone involving more humor and Martial Arts and is pacted with great fight scenes (you gotta love those fight scenes) while still being very dramatic. As far as Ranma 1/2 fanfiction goes I really don't think it gets any better than this.
DB Sommer chapter 1 . 6/26/2001
Ordinarily, I wouldn't take up everyone's space on the review column, but there are some things I need to address. One, the old webaddress for the rest of S 1/2 is an invalid one. The rest of the chapters of this can be found at

. or bloodblade's page at /Tokyo/Towers/5920/ If there are any problems with those, emial me at for other addresses.

Second, I want to apologize for not getting back to people who were kind enough to review my various works and whom I've never gotten back to. I keep meaning to, but then something comes up or I forget and it ends up not getting done. So let me officially publically thank everyone who took the time out to write now and I'll try to get to it at some point in the future. And I'd like to especially thank Saggit for his lengthy (and flattering) response to this. As to the Ryu/Akari bit, you are correct it was a bit shallow, especially since they were two minor characters in the whole thing. Mostly the scene was to lay groundwork for a possible future work, which is part of the reason it was so shallow compared to the others.

And on to Deep. Dealing with things one at a time. I am sending the chapters out slowly instead of all at once because it's been my past experience that when a deluge of chapters hit all at once, people tend to feel daunted and delete them rather than reading them. I'll admit I submitted them too slowly at first and am hoping to release them about one every three days in order to finish up in the next month or two. Second, I do regard it as extremely rude to give away major spoilers to any person's work, as you just did. Again I can say from personal experience that some people don't always go to a webpage to read an entire fic even if it is done (for whatever variety of reasons), and instead wait for it to be released one chapter at a time on . Remember that many people also look over the reviews to see if a fic sounds interesting (I have done this on multiple occasions) and don't care to have one of the major plot points of a story given away. In the future I would advise against letting any major spoilers for anyone's work in the review, no matter how much you don't like it. Note I say major because sometimes it's impossible to give a decent review without giving away a minor spoiler or two. As to the comparison issue, I personally try to avoid comparisons and let a fic stand or fall on its own merits, but like most people I tend to compare one fic against another on an enjoyment level. As to the not thinking the fic is that good, I can't argue with that. It's your reaction and a perfectly valid one. I will say this was my first fic and my first attempt at writing. There are defintely some things I would change to make the fic better (if you saw the orginal version of the first 5 chapters compared to the script versions, you'd get a sample of that) but overall I am satified with what I wrote, especially with the skills I had at the time. Sorry if this is a bit brief, but my first response got dumped by the system and this is just a quick copy of the same points.
Deep chapter 1 . 6/26/2001
This story ended already. Why don't you just post up on the chapters up at once? It's not like this story is new or something. For those that don't know, this is a fanfic where Ranma ends up with Shampoo. Shampoo have a curse that turns her to a boy. And DB Sommer being a Shampoo advocate, paired her up with Ranma. This story is no way comparable to "Heart of Ice" by Krista Perry which is for Ranma and Akane fans. So what's with the comparison? This fanfic ain't all that good.
Foxboy chapter 1 . 6/22/2001
This is fun! Gotta read this more when I've got more time...
Kira Saionji chapter 17 . 6/3/2001
Great chapter! I was waiting for the Musk to get in on the action! I can't wait to read the next one!
158 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 Next »