Reviews for Shampoo 12
Kira Saionji chapter 24 . 6/26/2001
I personally have not been reading ahead and I'm very upset with Deep for spoiling that part of the story for me. It's fun to pretend that this is all new and wait for each part to come out. In my opinion this story is even better than "Hearts of Ice" so far. It has a lighter tone involving more humor and Martial Arts and is pacted with great fight scenes (you gotta love those fight scenes) while still being very dramatic. As far as Ranma 1/2 fanfiction goes I really don't think it gets any better than this.
DB Sommer chapter 1 . 6/26/2001
Ordinarily, I wouldn't take up everyone's space on the review column, but there are some things I need to address. One, the old webaddress for the rest of S 1/2 is an invalid one. The rest of the chapters of this can be found at

. or bloodblade's page at /Tokyo/Towers/5920/ If there are any problems with those, emial me at for other addresses.

Second, I want to apologize for not getting back to people who were kind enough to review my various works and whom I've never gotten back to. I keep meaning to, but then something comes up or I forget and it ends up not getting done. So let me officially publically thank everyone who took the time out to write now and I'll try to get to it at some point in the future. And I'd like to especially thank Saggit for his lengthy (and flattering) response to this. As to the Ryu/Akari bit, you are correct it was a bit shallow, especially since they were two minor characters in the whole thing. Mostly the scene was to lay groundwork for a possible future work, which is part of the reason it was so shallow compared to the others.

And on to Deep. Dealing with things one at a time. I am sending the chapters out slowly instead of all at once because it's been my past experience that when a deluge of chapters hit all at once, people tend to feel daunted and delete them rather than reading them. I'll admit I submitted them too slowly at first and am hoping to release them about one every three days in order to finish up in the next month or two. Second, I do regard it as extremely rude to give away major spoilers to any person's work, as you just did. Again I can say from personal experience that some people don't always go to a webpage to read an entire fic even if it is done (for whatever variety of reasons), and instead wait for it to be released one chapter at a time on . Remember that many people also look over the reviews to see if a fic sounds interesting (I have done this on multiple occasions) and don't care to have one of the major plot points of a story given away. In the future I would advise against letting any major spoilers for anyone's work in the review, no matter how much you don't like it. Note I say major because sometimes it's impossible to give a decent review without giving away a minor spoiler or two. As to the comparison issue, I personally try to avoid comparisons and let a fic stand or fall on its own merits, but like most people I tend to compare one fic against another on an enjoyment level. As to the not thinking the fic is that good, I can't argue with that. It's your reaction and a perfectly valid one. I will say this was my first fic and my first attempt at writing. There are defintely some things I would change to make the fic better (if you saw the orginal version of the first 5 chapters compared to the script versions, you'd get a sample of that) but overall I am satified with what I wrote, especially with the skills I had at the time. Sorry if this is a bit brief, but my first response got dumped by the system and this is just a quick copy of the same points.
Deep chapter 1 . 6/26/2001
This story ended already. Why don't you just post up on the chapters up at once? It's not like this story is new or something. For those that don't know, this is a fanfic where Ranma ends up with Shampoo. Shampoo have a curse that turns her to a boy. And DB Sommer being a Shampoo advocate, paired her up with Ranma. This story is no way comparable to "Heart of Ice" by Krista Perry which is for Ranma and Akane fans. So what's with the comparison? This fanfic ain't all that good.
Foxboy chapter 1 . 6/22/2001
This is fun! Gotta read this more when I've got more time...
Kira Saionji chapter 17 . 6/3/2001
Great chapter! I was waiting for the Musk to get in on the action! I can't wait to read the next one!
LSMcGill chapter 1 . 5/31/2001
Ok... I finally broke down and began reading this after Soulsurvivor raved over it... and... well... Interesting first chapter... will have to read more and see what else is in store... But so far... I like...
Washu chapter 1 . 5/5/2001
Not bad at all.
Kesshi Mashin chapter 11 . 5/5/2001
Honestly, this is the best Ranma fanfiction I have ever read in my entire life. Nothing compares to this epic masterpiece (gomen, Krista-sama!). Why aren't the last 20 chapters posted on ? Anywho, I have read the entire series, and, like I said before, this IS the best piece of fanfiction ever. I recommend this story to ANYONE; just read it. Go to D.B.'s site, read chapter 12 and on, it's worth it, I'm rambling, THIS STORY KICKS ASS! Come on, D.B., post the other chapters on ! IT'S KILLER!
Tripolar Disorder chapter 1 . 5/3/2001
I have personally gotten into this story as well.

I am a subscriber to White Tiger's Ffml, and the refugeee lists.

I found this story to be well written and full of excellent content.

The chapter where Kusumi is in love with Shampoo Kun, and and Shamps

tells her that if the pill is the lifetime pill, then she will not have

to be alone for the rest of her life.

A simple statement that just increases the character Dynamic of Shampoo far

beyond what we normally see.
Saggit chapter 1 . 5/3/2001
Hearts of Ice is my favorite Ranma 1/2 "epic," because of its considerable insight into character, and masterly use of language. Directly behind that is Shampoo 1/2, much more of which is up on Sommers' portion of another website. It's the superior of the two fan-epics in its masterful handling of plot and subplot. There's none of that "tell me, folks, what shall I do next with Akane and Ranma?" kind of writing; this is a work of detailed invention, laid out on a grand scale in advance of the writing, and it shows. As with most fanfics, too, the writing (and the author's confidence) improves as the work gathers steam. As an example, the humor is heavy-handed at first (the reference to Dr. Who is fun, but it's so detailed and hits you so hard over the head that it loses its punch). However, later on the humor occurs not only in casual, brief side references, but in the use of many literary devices, and with an increasing awareness of its relevance to dramatic pacing. The characters aren't canon, but then, this is an alternate universe, and given a very few difference, it's remarkable how close to canon the author gets. Despite the shift of Ryouga from pig to bat, it's still Ryouga, and a far more interesting Ryouga than the usual sweet-but-dumb-lug or the large-bruising-bully of most fanfics. The wealth of side characters are interesting in their own right, and fit perfectly with the tone of the work which is a fine mixture of action, darkness, humor and (especially towards the end) romance. So large is the piece, that the author needed to write 5 epilogues to resolve the fates of the important characters. (One quibble: the "happy" solution for Ryu and Akari is too shallow by comparison with everything else-since they aren't married and can't legally adopt, Ryu's knocking out 3 walls of the office and successfully "convincing" a social worker that the couple will make worthy parents is ridiculous, as it doesn't deal with the true legal problems. I wouldn't mention this if Sommers wasn't very scrupulous in having his characters deal with the ramifications of their universe.) The first of those epilogues, The Wheel Turns, may just be the best piece of writing in the lot, and an excellent piece of character writing by any standards. My recommendation? Do you need to ask? ;)
Mirai Trunks chapter 1 . 4/23/2001
Very well written, and hilarious.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/9/2001
Not a bad story at all. I especially enjoyed the whole name mix-up.
Tenchi Saotome chapter 1 . 1/3/2001
To quote (the late)Gene Siskel and Roger Ebert: "Two Thumbs Up!"

This saga is one of the best Ranma fanfics I've had the pleasure to read on the net. A big plus is that this story is one I can re-read all the time and not get bored with it (especially the later chapters).

I'd like to give Wade Tritschler a nod as it was on his Altered Destinys site that I first found the links to this story.
148 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10