Reviews for Alasse
Guest chapter 1 . 1/3/2014
I actually really dislike Legolas romance stories, because they usually stray very far from the characters' actual personalities. They tend to become OOC very easily.

Honestly, wood elves of Taur-e-Ndaedelos are notoriously secretive and wary of outsiders, especially mortals. Once again, this is a romance fix that shouldn't have happened in the first place. I highly, highly doubt that Legolas would have taken her to the stronghold of the wood elves, a random stranger who (in your later chapters, is revealed to be an ELF). I'm not even going to read on, what the heck, 22 years old, and she never knew she was an elf? Elves mature at 50, she would've taken considerably longer to reach that same physical maturity as a 22 year old human.

Ah, you may say, you haven't read my story completely, it DOES make sense! It doesn't matter. A story should appeal to the reader from chapter one, paragraph one. This story is actually really Mary sueish. I am no hard core Tolkien fan, I actually quite like well written AU's. But the characters must be in character, and you should make any amendments to canon reasonable.

As a third point, Mary Sues are notorious for having complicated, long names. Alasse is Quenyan. The common elvish spoken in middle earth is Sindarin, with the addition of wood eleven dialects. If there's a cutesy backstory or some 'epic legend' behind her name... My goodness.

Having said that, your grammar and punctuation, basic things, are not too bad, but you should work on your voice. This story sounds extremely generic, like anything an average twelve year old could put together.

I am sorry if I sound too harsh, but I don't give praise easily, and this fanfic is not of extremely high standard. Quite average.
SleepyHollow7 chapter 8 . 2/23/2013
aw I love it! Please update soon!
Aranel Mereneth chapter 8 . 2/23/2013
I really like your story so far! Please keep going I would love to know what happens next! And you also write really well :) Update soon!
sayfriendandenter chapter 7 . 10/17/2012
Gah, all these feels. What am I going to do with them? You NEED to finish this. Pretty pretty please with a cherry on top? I feel like there's all this romantic tension that needs to be sorted out between them. I loved the story so much. So yeah. Finish? I'll love you forever :3
Melty-chan 93 chapter 7 . 6/8/2011
I really like your story! w
breathecali chapter 7 . 3/31/2011
Nice story :) mostly I don't read stories where legolas falls in love with another elf, but you put a really nice spin on it and I really enjoyed reading it :) plz plz plz keep updating often!
yumyum22 chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
i dont like it just becuse i am not a fan of Lord Of The Rings kk um dont take this badly cus if i did like Lord Of The Rings i think no i no i would like this kk i am really not trying to be mean k so dont take this the rong way keep wrighting and dont stop um and dont listen to anybody if they say to stop wrighting kk um thats it so come out with more i will try to read them:) i no i dont no u try and wright to me who ever else reads this hav not lot friends kk so wright to me thanks :) tehe tehe TEHE :) :) :)
starcatkitten chapter 6 . 1/14/2010
This story is interesting and I'm curious to see where this is heading. Please do continue.
Queen Su chapter 6 . 3/31/2009
This is a good chapter! :) A tad more description would be nice, but overall, great work! I wonder what Alasse is going to try next...

In between His paws,

M. Love chapter 1 . 3/15/2009
I love the premise and its REEALLY good so far.

I love that LOTR is still alive, so many threads die to quickly.

Queen Su chapter 5 . 3/14/2009
This is a good chapter! I would also greatly encourage you getting back into horses. They are such a joy! :) I like the vocabulary you use and the description is nice. Update soon!

MrsBillWeasley chapter 5 . 3/14/2009

this was the 1st fan fic of lord of the rings i have ever read and i love it :)

Can't wait until the next chapter :)
SaraBella04 chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
I like it. I especially like that Legolas's voice is so clear. Every thing works together very nicely. You've done an excellent job of setting up a mystery while still building the character. I can't wait to find out why Legolas recognizes her name.
Queen Su chapter 4 . 3/8/2009
Good work so far! The only thing I have to say is that Elves don't sleep. (I'm not sure if you knew that.) Update soon! :)

Queen Su chapter 2 . 3/8/2009
This is pretty good so far! :) Fairly original story plot...which is wonderful. I do have a few comments.

You have the number 578 in this time it would be better to make it into words five hundred and seventy-eight years.

Another thing is that they put her on a horse. (Which is good) The think wrong with it is the horse is trotting. I ride a lot and trotting is one of the roughest gaits. (Even cantering is smoother.) The Elves would not put her on a trotting horse when she has broken ribs. (It would hurt her even more.)

Nice discription. I love Alasse's name!