Reviews for Lara Croft and the Knowledge of the Ancients
Moi chapter 1 . 7/25/2015
And that's the thing: Lara Croft is a Tomb Raider, not a historian or an archeologist who MUST take their time to gain knowledge. She's like those illegal antiques dealers who are looking for fast money instead of insight and knowledge in their proper context. Just taking something robs you of the unique chance to learn something. Ultimately, you are robbing yourself.
Methos by the time he reached the temple for the fist time had learned that lesson, so he allowed himself to learn.
Marcus Rowland chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
Serves her right!
Morrolan chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
Love this.
Jillian chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
I like this. I have not seen Lara Croft but I always hate how so-called "archeologists" end up destroying the very things they purport to love. It's just a bit hypocritical. I'd like to see her get more come-uppance than just not getting the treasure. She still doesn't really seem sorry for what she did, just intent on getting what she wanted. I'd like to see her really feeling sorry, and maturing for the experience. Maybe atoning somehow.
Rivana chapter 1 . 1/21/2011
This was a great little ficlet. Loved the moral.
e313 chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
ah, dear Lara,

just give it up already. U and darling Indie have a great knack for accidentally demolishing the things/places u try to find and a complete lack of any talent whatsover to b anyone's student for gaining wisdome
mountainelements chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
This is a pretty good story. After all, it is rather rude to go around destroying historic sites.
ExtremeRainbowRaiderPrincess chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
Okay- So I've never watched Highlander, but I know Tomb Raider. This was fantastic! Keep up the good work.
Airily chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
Short, to the point, but enjoyable nonetheless.
peya luna chapter 1 . 11/23/2007
great story! although i like the action part of the movie, from the archäological POV its a desaster. no real researcher would act like this, shes a simple grave robber. i can clearly see why methos is disappointed...i would like to read a part two where he gives her a piece of his mind, bet she would listen now that she knows a bit about who he really is.
Carole chapter 1 . 5/19/2007
I can't believe that I haven't reviewed this before. I love the idea that Lara finally gets what's coming to her.
GoldenRat chapter 1 . 5/18/2007
A just reward for the shoot'em type of reaction Lara Croft (movie version) always seems to have.
Moonbeam's Predilections chapter 1 . 11/20/2003
Interesting twist. I admit despite my love of archaeology I never really stopped to consider the wanton destruction Lara perpetrates. I was always focused more on the fun and action, like most people. But I think you are absolutely right, Methos would have been terribly offended by her attitude and behavior. Yet, still he eventually accepted what was and moved on. Good characterization, that.

Yes, a very interesting story indeed.
Village-Mystic chapter 1 . 11/4/2003
This story is much appreciated.

Perhaps a companion piece where Methos gets drunk and tries to tell part of the story to Joe? Further adventures?

I thought you might want to know, from what I heard, that the guys who wrote the movie version tried real hard, but in the end weren't in control of how the story was going to be played out.