Reviews for Damned To The Depths
cal chapter 12 . 11/30/2003
i'm back! :) i didn't expect Jack to do anything else, but i was still pleased when he went off on a rescue mission. i felt bad for both pirates when they were arguing on the Dickhead's ship. that coward would pick that moment to show up again! the scene where the 2 captains were fighting over the lady was awesome! i loved the image of the injured Jack blocking each of the Dickhead's attempts to get to Ana. that was something that melted my heart! :) i felt the fear & anguish that Ana & Will experienced when Jack fell overboard! :( i wish he'd stop getting hurt! : when the asshole knocked Ana out i was enraged! that anger only intensified when he confronted Ana in her cell & he spewed those vile things her! : that jerk off really must die a slow & very painful death! the Dickhead's revelations blew me away! just when i thought that i couldn't hate him anymore, he goes & proves me wrong! OMG! i felt so bad for poor Ana! she was pregnant, alone, thinking that her beloved husband was dead & she finds out that the Dickhead is responsible for the murder of her parents! :( the last scene broke my heart! i wished that Ana's husband was there to help comfort her as she dealt with this latest horror. i can't wait to see how injured Jack is & how long it will take for the Sparrows to be reunited! keep up the great work & please post us more & soon! :)
kingleby chapter 12 . 11/27/2003
love it _ poor ana, is jack okay? can't wait for more!
JustCallMeMarly chapter 12 . 11/25/2003
Oh... wow. Nice. I'm a little worried about Jack... he's not well and he fell into the water. Thankfully Will was there to watch Ana's back. I can't wait to read the rest... I can see a climatic ending in the future. The drama was certainly worth the wait, just as I'm sure that you'll come back with something even better - you always do. I will wait patiently for your next update, I promise... :) I hope you have a great Thanksgiving (if this finds you after, I hope you HAD a great Thanksgiving...) and we'll see you on the flip side! :P
JackFan2 chapter 12 . 11/25/2003
OH MY GODNES!

That was simply amazing! Great action, great dialogue, great drama.. GREAT GREAT GREAT!

Poor injured Jack is overboard and poor pregnant AND injured Ana is on her way far far away from her love completely against her will. All the while Julie (me) sits here in Texas wondering ...WHAT NEXT?

Ok.. I truly intended to get on the IM lastnight but by the time me and the boys got setteled down after dinner, we popped in Finding Nemo..Well, staying up until 1:30 the previous night and getting back up by 4 a.m. had taken its toll. I was asleep on the sofa by 9 p.m. Put the boys to bed after and promptly fell into bed. *sighs*

NOW, I leave for family in Austin on Thursday morning and I HAVE TO HAVE AN UPDATE BEFORE THEN! My sister has a computer, but I'm not sure if I'll have a chance to get on it while I'm there. I won't be back until Sunday.. OH PLEASE UPDATE BY WEDNESDAY! Spoilers will be accepted. I know you don't need a beta reader, but we could pretend you do... *nods and look at you hopefully* Right? PRETEND?

*sighs* ok. I'll wait. *hangs head* dangit.. I'll wait.
Maimat B chapter 12 . 11/25/2003
Good chapter, i like Ana standing her ground to protect Jack, and inturn an injured Jack still doing everything he can to protect ana. sad that he got thrown over and Derrik won this round. Not for long though I imagine. hahah.
guinevere chapter 11 . 11/22/2003
m, back from India. Here's to Ana skewering Derrick -but not before finding out why he left her, what he's after, etc, etc...please?
Maimat B chapter 11 . 11/20/2003
this was a great chapter, great dialogue, great action, great ANA kick but action! Way to go ANA!
JustCallMeMarly chapter 11 . 11/20/2003
OOh, ooh, ooh! I can't wait for the next chapter! Ana's gonna kick some blast-from-the-past ASS! And I'll definately take that hot chocolate... especially now! There is definate suspense... too much almost (I said almost!). Song fics are good sometimes... I can never get mine to turn out right either, though. It's a genre I'm going to have to practice at. But I liked how you did yours. It was understated (the fic didn't revolve around it like most do) and a nice suprise in that chapter. As for reviews... you're almost to 60 when I wrote this... and you've still got more to go. You don't have to worry... :) As for those 100plus-review, 'self insertion', 'kill off Elizabeth', 'I fall in love with Will or Jack' fics... they got nuttin' on you... I don't understand how those fics do it either. They're all overdone cliches that all turn out the same in the end (and they are usually OOC). You've done an awesome job of avoiding both of those trite literature pitfalls. So, a barrel of rum to you! Enjoy! And hopefully, I'll be seeing an update soon... I can't wait to read it...
Elizabeth SwanTurner chapter 11 . 11/20/2003
THAT WAS SO AWESOME

i mean think about it

ana getting revenge

that was so cool

anywase

what did derick mean when he said it not her i'm after

um... isn't that what he wanted in the first place?
Elizabeth SwanTurner chapter 10 . 11/20/2003
Good chapter

i relly liked it update soon

sorry i forgot to review adn this is so late

but good job

Elizabeth Swan/Turner

P.S. wouldn't it have been easier to have drugged her?
kingleby chapter 11 . 11/20/2003
go ana! bless jack trying to protect her and in the end shes the one going after dereck. can't wait for more!
cal chapter 11 . 11/20/2003
i wish that Jack's flash of insight had come sooner rather than later! :( i guess all of the turmoil with Ana & his own injury made his battle-savvy mind a bit sluggish, huh? :( i loved, loved Ana when she was telling both of the patrionizing men to turn the ship around or else! i have a feeling that Will will never argue with the lady again, don't you? :) i thought it was funny in a grim sort of way when Jack was reflecting (quite calmly!) that the plan hadn't gone the way he intended. i really liked the line where he was a bit chagrined because he had seen 2 *girls* do what he couldn't do. must've been a blow to ole Jack's ego! :) i loved the sword fight scene. i was holding my breath as i read because i knew Jack was gonna come out on the wrong end of the Dickhead's sword! what a dirty, rotten cheater he is!: also, a coward! i guess he knew that he wouldn't be able to defeat Jack in a fair sword fight, so that's why he resorted to his trick. i felt so bad for poor Jack when i read about the ash & where it landed! :( this is just one more reason that the Dickhead must die a slow & painful death! : doesnt' he know that the one rule of any sword fight with Captain Jack Sparrow is: NOT IN THE FACE! : i think i was as stunned as Jack was by the revelations that the Dickhead revealed before he was about to kill Jack! *that* was a twist that i didn't see coming! :) i loved Jack's speech about his wife & the fact that she belongs to no one but herself. i hope Ana heard that. if she did, i think it'll go a long ways in repairing the damage that Jack inflicted upon her heart earlier! when the Dickhead made his disparaging & degrading remarks about Ana & baby Sparrow was a moment that made me see RED! : add that to THE LIST OF WHY THE DICKHEAD MUST DIE! his comment about not wanting Ana sent a chill up my spine! could he be after the baby because it's Jack's? :0 i was so glad when the calvary charged in! that Ana cuts quite the dashing figure! :) i loved it that she was the one that was in front of her husband practically defending him with nothing else but her desperate fear for his safety & her furious outrage. if the coward wants lessons in how to have balls & be brave, he need look no further than his former fiancee! i liked the sarcastic, light moment in the midst of all of the tense excitement when Jack & Will had their little exchange about Ana. i thought it was very funny. i guess Jack couldn't see Ana's hand print across Will's cheek because of all the smoke. :) i loved Jack's desperate thought as he silently pleaded with his wife not to do anything stupid & that only Will was allowed that luxury. it was filled with love & affection for 2 of the most imporatnt people in Jack's life & that's what made it so special & heart warming. :) i cringed when the Dickhead threw Ana's knife back her. i thought he was gonna hurt her for sure! i LOVED the fact that *she* stood her ground & didn't lose the mind game the asshole was playing. the lady has steel cojones! i also loved her response that she spat back the Dickhead. i was so mad when he went off! i wanted him to stay & be killed! (is that a bit too bloodthirsty? oh, well.) my mouth fell open & i think my heart skipped a beat when i read the last lines! OMG! i hope that Ana & her precious cargo don't run into anything that they can't handle! i also hope that Jack & his eye will be all right! i can't wait to see what happens next! keep up the great work & please post us more & soon! :) P.S. -today is Thurs., i don't know when you'll post the next chappy(s), so i'm telling you now that i'm going home on Sat. for the Thanksgiving holidays. i'll be gone for 9 days, so if you don't hear from me in awhile, that's why! i'll miss reading your stuff like crazy & if i can i'll try & access a computer while i'm away. if not, then i look forward to reading a lot when i get back! :) HAPPY THANKSGIVING! :)
JackFan2 chapter 11 . 11/20/2003
WHAT! She left? AH... NO...

Well, good grief, I just.. well, you know I knew but I didn't know it would make me feel so God-awful for them... Poor Jack- hurt and Ana isn't staying to care for 'im *pouts*

She'll be back won't she. She just went to skewer that jerk Derrick right? I really liked the scene on the ship with Will and she threatened to tear the ship apart if they didn't turn it around and go back. I could really see her doing that you know. Really.

Ok.. I need more and I need it like hm... NOW! Great job Jen.. really, really great!;)
kingleby chapter 10 . 11/18/2003
god i was almost crying when they were argueing and they were regretting their actions. you can really get up a girl's emotion _ love it! stupid ship showing up now..oh well maybe the old reliable can help in some way. can't wait for more!
JustCallMeMarly chapter 10 . 11/18/2003
Poor Ana... poor Jack. Angst and love, a marvelously gutwrenching combination. And may I add that you totally read my mind... you genius! I love "White Flag" by Dido... and everytime I hear it, I always think of Pirates of the Caribbean and I picture Jack and Ana. I was planning on using it in my story, but I have since decided against it (I may use Dido's "This Land is Mine" though, cuz that reminds me of them almost as much). I'm glad that you used it. I pretty much had tears in my eyes at all of the emotion between Jack and Ana... and then the last part - pure genius. It brought chills to my spine. It was a perfect way to bring the anticipation back up again. I hope Derrick gets what's coming to him... and I hope that Ana's the one to give it to him - with Jack's help, of course! The scene where Ana dropped the ring... very powerful and poignant. And I loved where Ana pulled the sword on Will & Elizabeth... I'd be mad as hell at them too if I were her. I tried to review the last chapter, but my Internet browser wouldn't let me for some stupid reason... so, you can add an imaginary number to your totals should it come close. Your readers won't disappoint you, though. I have faith in them! :) Anyways, I really love this and I can't wait for the next update!
99 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »