Reviews for Silk Shackle
Krait chapter 1 . 1/26/2007
I loved this! yes, I may say that Schala is my fave character from CT and it ticks me off because you can't save her from the ocean palace.
LadyDeathwish chapter 1 . 8/28/2005
Wonderful story, you had me crying there -'

I must say, while playing this game I've come to pity Magus a lot because of how he lost Schala, who is really the only person he gives a care about, and I can see everything you've written happen if he were to find her... Especially if his mortal enemy was her escort.

My one and only nitpick is the whole 'nobody recognizes Magus' thing, even though he was labelled the pioneer of the war. After all, how many men in that place, and, more importantly, age, have red eyes and blue hair? o.O Just bothered me a little, but you're free to ignore me -
Go-Colts chapter 1 . 1/5/2005
Great story.
Shamanic Shaymin chapter 1 . 9/12/2004
Wow... this is just... incredible. I thought Schala was an interesting character too, and the last time you see her felt like such a cliffhanger. :( I loved how you dealt with her thoughts from beginning to end, while she slowly recovers from her experiences in Zeal and beginning to feel alive and become herself again. (Yay for Mischivious!Schala! :D)

(("He's not the same boy you remember," Frog warned. "He has become cold and bitter." Schala surprised him by laughing at this.

"Don't be silly. He's always been cold and bitter," she shot back at him with a grin.))

Hee, reading that line made me smile. :)

I loved the roles everyone played in this, and I thought Nat and Mara rocked. :) I also LOVED Frog and Magus in this, and the parts near the end involving them being bitter about each other's existances and such (and their fight. XD) were hilareous. :D "Guess who?" also made me laugh a lot: that has to be the most kickass reunion I ever read. :D

I loved how the fanfic was incredibly angsty at first... then by the end you have some humor here and there, and you leave the fic feeling all warm inside. I know I do. :) Thank you for the wonderful read!
Ollen70 chapter 1 . 4/27/2004
This is an incredible story, but that should come as no surprise to you. I think (even though the plot-line has been done before,) what makes this so good is that you take the time to put in the anectdotes and descriptions.
I really liked the part where Mara swore 'by the Omen,' and the reoccurence Queen Zeal's line. It gives the reader more texture and makes the story that much more absorbing.
Like in "Power is Beauty," I think it's great that you focussed on rounding out a secondary character, (I personally have always liked writing about Dalton, so I appreciate stories that give credit to the more minor characters,) especially one with as many facets as Schala.
So, long story short, this was a terrific story. I hope you write more for the Chrono Trigger section in the future. You're an incredible author. And by the way, thanks for the e-mail. )
TimeReaper chapter 1 . 2/24/2004
This was well written and well thought out fic. Keep up the good work! I love Schala fics as well. D
Anom chapter 1 . 2/20/2004
That was so sweet! I've been dying for a good Schala fic, she was one of my favorites too.
The sibling relationship is written very well, I especially liked the 'guess who' followed by the near blinding. You can just see the expressions on their faces so perfectly.
your original characters were cool, they fit in with the game characters seemlessly.
And I enjoyed how you portrayed Schala's personality and issues.
The Midgar Demon chapter 1 . 2/3/2004
A thoroughly enjoyable piece. Quite well written and certainly worth the time taken to read. Keep up the good work.
Kell Shock chapter 1 . 1/6/2004
Wow! Excellent story!
Kd Zeal chapter 1 . 12/11/2003
Nice...I really like it. You probably don't ever want to read -my- Schala/Magus fic... IT's sad! This is a great fic. I'd love to see a pic of her in pants...lol. And Magus got a tan! Love it.
Netara chapter 1 . 11/8/2003
Just a quick review to say that your fic was AWESOME as usual imouto-chan! Just wish I could write as well as you... sorry for nothing specific... you know me and details! Keep up the fantasic work!

P.S. Work on TNR soon, or I'm going to kill you.
An Unidentified Entity chapter 1 . 11/7/2003
I've just finished reading this, and it's great! You've managed to write a light story, rich in detail and you've put a little spin on the CT storyline. Very impressive. Keep up the good work!
Weiila chapter 1 . 11/6/2003
Whee! A chance to repay you for all your great and kind reviews :)

I love the work with Schala's hesitance, and also the accent of Nat and Mara is nicely done, such as expressions as "by the Omen". Same thing with stuff that Schala thinks, like "by Zurvan".

One thing that I think could be changed is that sometimes you don't make a line break when somebody starts talking, but infuse the speech into a long paragraph. This gets a little cluttered.

She sure has some weird dreams, the poor girl ;; But it does look like a good dream, in stories they tend to have a heavy meaning (I do that too, dammit :P), and not really be "real" dreams which are mostly just confused.

It's nice how you use Frog as an informator, though he of course is the only one in the era who could really be contacted, I rather mean the fact that he's not had a good relationship with Schala's lil' bro and thus the strain is good for tension.

Oi, poor lil' Magus, that can't be good for his health to almost cleave his sister... ;;

So final word is that it's a funny and sweet story with decent angst-parts :) Do you want this up at RPGC? :)