Reviews for Face of the Enemy
Aeidhryn chapter 2 . 10/22/2010
Just subscribing... I forgot to...
Aeidhryn chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
This clearly deserves its Mithril award. You have evidenty put a great deal of research into this. It's astounding.

I really have nothing else to say. There isn't even a typo.
kycatsfan chapter 6 . 10/21/2010
I very much enjoyed this story and your writing style. I have been considering writing a story that involves some Southrons and so have been researching various customs and peoples to base them on. I too came upon many of the ancient Persian beliefs and thought they would fit nicely. I hope you won't mind if I do decide to write it and some of my ideas are similar to yours. I will of course put a note about your story in my authors notes.

I love to read stories about the battle of the Pelennor Fields from new points of view. This is definitely the best one I've ever read. I am so glad I found this story. It was actually through a note that Isabeau put in one of her stories that I found this one. I'd really like to know where you got a lot of the research you used for the peoples of Harad.

Thanks so much for sharing this story with us and I can't wait to read some of your other works.
horsiegurl chapter 6 . 12/8/2004
I like this story. It is really good. I really like this story. It is very well written.
Eokat chapter 6 . 2/14/2004
What a brilliant ending and so well written. It is a shame there is no more. Very emotional and poignant.
vorondis chapter 6 . 2/13/2004
The twist with the Seer was both unexpected and illuminating. It made me dwell on the title, because of all the connotations with the concept of 'face'. That Manion saw the woman's face while it should have remained hidden becomes symbolical for the title, and the Face of the Enemy becomes a story about the enemy *acquiring a face* - precisely what happened here. And maybe this, too, is a reason why Andrahar gains freedom from his past and has a different face at the end. Very good!
ldyharp chapter 6 . 2/13/2004
OH MY GODS! what a wonderful tale. I love it, love it LOVE IT! one of the best fan fics I have read to date, right up there with Dark Leaf. Thank you so much for writting it. I hope you will write more about the Haradda, I love the world and culture you have created for them.
erunyauve chapter 6 . 2/13/2004
Now I'm just plain jealous - endings are, to me, the hardest part to write, but you've drawn the story to closure. The return to the holy fire gives the reader a final sense of Iskhandar's defeat, presaging Andrahar's resolution of his warring identities. At the same time, the destruction of the wain gives the reader a sense that something beautiful has been destroyed - that something can be foreign and a part of the 'enemy' and yet still be sacred.
Finch chapter 6 . 2/13/2004
Good psychological realism here: I can imagine Andrahar would react like that, after having killed Ishkandar. Good closure, too, with the Seers death setting him free. An excellent story, one of your best.
jilian baade chapter 6 . 2/12/2004
So, Andrahar's free now, good! So is the Seer, poor woman.
Really, I don't know what to say, except this is a highly unusual story, excellent, of course, and I've really really enjoyed it.
LasseLanta01 chapter 6 . 2/12/2004
What a sad and liberating finish. What a burdon it must have been for Andrahar to be conflicted between his biological peoples and the oath given to Imrahil. This has been a truely inspired gap filler, one of the best I've read in a long time. All the players are interesting and their actions believable. I'll miss it, but it's been a perfect ride.
LasseLanta01 chapter 5 . 2/10/2004
I always knew those sons of Elrond would make a stunning impression and you did them proud. Your best work however was the final battle between Andrahar and Iskhandar. I felt some sorrow at his death, but he died as a warrior would wish to die and your descriptions of this battle and the participants have been phenomenal. I think this is some of your best work Soledad.
LasseLanta01 chapter 4 . 2/10/2004
This chapter was so exciting, it had me sitting on the edge of my seat. Your description of Eowyn's duel with the Witch King was such a tribute to her character. And Theoden's route of Ravanashwar and his warriors showed just who and what Minas Tirith and it's defenders were up against.
This is truely inspired to see from the opposite point of view.
ldyharp chapter 5 . 2/9/2004
I really love this story! Excellent prospective from the Easterlings POV. I love all the detail of their life at home and religion. I hope you write some more stories like this. I page turner for sure!
erunyauve chapter 5 . 2/8/2004
The finish is breathtaking, especially Andrahar's reaction to his victory. I also liked your description of the initial reaction to the arrival of the ships and the horror of Sauron's forces as they saw that what they believed to be an ally had turned out to be their worst nightmare.
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »