Reviews for Consolation Prize
alphabet chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
Love love love your Syd/Weiss stuff. I really do have a soft spot for the pair. And you're just so *on* with it. Poor Syd, of course she clings to Weiss, because there's nothing left.
ketchupqueen13 chapter 1 . 3/16/2004
I love this story! Not too long, but you do a great job of exploring emotions and really digging into the characters. All of this sounds just like Weiss!
Ms. Vaughn chapter 1 . 2/15/2004
On the show i would hate the idea of Syd and Weiss, but in your fanfic, i think im ok with it. I really wish this wasn't the end though i want you to continue it! its good!
wolf550e chapter 1 . 2/7/2004
Awesome characterization. A pleasure to read, as always.
Desda chapter 1 . 2/5/2004
Oh wow! I'm so glad I found about this story! Ever since that ep I wondered about "the ride home" after the hospital, and was so hoping someone would write that scene!
This is excellent...you have such a superb grasp of Weiss' character...so easy to visualize him in this scene.
Brava and Kudos!
SilverTree chapter 1 . 11/7/2003
O...I **LOVED** this fic! Added you to my Favorite Authors, would send flowers if I knew where you lived :) Best part, hands down, which caused me to come dangerously close to spraying Diet Pepsi out both nostrils...

"Weiss stared at her, then let out a snort of a laugh - he couldn't help it. "Syd, are you kidding me? Let me tell you, if there's any guy you've ever met who doesn't want you, he's either in a coma or he's got it for Vaughn instead."

She gave him a startled look, and he realized what he'd just said. Whoops. Nice one, Eric. Ever heard the term 'dead giveaway'? "Uh, but don't tell Mike I said that. He thinks we're just friends."

Oh, yeah, like that's going to help. By now Syd had to know as well as Weiss did that if he were going to switch teams, it would not be for the sake of a guy he'd once seen sporting a mullet and a zit like a third eye, playing air drums to Def Leppard with a Cheeto up each nostril. But it was the only escape route he'd left himself."

Picture me wiping tears off my face with my sleeve, too involved in what I'm reading to stop & get a Kleenex. Cuz that's exactly how I looked when I was reading that quote!

Hats off. You are one talented, humourous, sensitive soul. Hug yourself.

Regards,

S.
London chapter 1 . 11/7/2003
I thought this was excellent. Weiss's personality was dead on. Do you have any plans for continuing it? I hope so! ;-)
star16 chapter 1 . 11/7/2003
wow that was great. not only was it an awesome story line but you wrote it so well. weiss was characterized perfect with all his funny cracks and jokes. The whole thing was incredible.
sallene chapter 1 . 11/7/2003
This was really well written.

I totally cracked up reading this:

:lol: Oh, to have been a fly on that wall.

Anyway, great job! I love the Sydney/Weiss friendship dynamic.