Reviews for A Bitter Ale
Oxnate chapter 5 . 3/14/2013
What an awesome story. I love the depth you've added to Methos.
Barb85 chapter 5 . 9/21/2012
I found, I read, I enjoyed. :)
anon chapter 5 . 1/7/2012
I utterly love this story. It was amazing and emotional and just the best characterization of everyone. Thank you for writing something which addressed the whole Duncan-kills-Methos'-friends-then-flouts-his-help thing because, honestly, how someone so honorable could be so blindly cruel, I'll never know.

I loved how you wrote Methos. Seriously, I wish you had been writing for the actual series. You gave everyone a lot more depth. You rock so much. God bless.
Shadow of Flame chapter 5 . 11/2/2011
Wow. Just...wow. I'm glad I found your 'Storm' story which led to reading this one.
Sailor GaOn Donut chapter 5 . 9/3/2010
nice
graydevilforever chapter 5 . 10/22/2009
I loved the story. I was crying half-way through it. A real remberance story.

Graydevilforever
Lerrinus chapter 5 . 3/21/2006
Wow, your story was epic. It had me laughing and crying and almost angry in spots too. It was a pleasure to read! *hugs*
Keerawa chapter 5 . 12/26/2005
Wow.

Let me say, first, that I enjoyed the first 2 chapters tremendously. There was a warm and wonderful sense of family to it, from Joe's anxiously checking the weather, to everyone plotting to get Richie those "scholarships". The dialogue was just right for each character. I loved the little touch about everyone's surprise that Methos would invite Richie to stay on his couch.

Methos's relationship with Ramirez seems a nice touch. His unease at being confronted with Ramirez's quickening in Connor, and his nightmare of seeing Duncan in Richie's eyes, was chilling.

I am intrigued by Methos's devotion to MacLeod, and look forward to reading more of this series, to understand it better.

The last few chapters, of Methos's story, were not a pleasant read. But they were very, very well-done. For me, the most poignant moment was his horror at forgetting the girl's name. I appreciate your version of Methos's transition from Death to another life.
Ivy3 chapter 6 . 8/4/2004
I liked it, it had some light moments and some very intense angsty-Methos moments.
Jade2099 chapter 6 . 7/24/2004
This was an amazing story! The emotion of it all really got to me - from the humor to the pain...I always enjoy reading a story that is Methos-centric. Glad to see that even Duncan could work through some of his own emotions. :) Wonderful!
Kitty2228 chapter 6 . 4/4/2004
This was a beautiful story. I sat down and decided to read some more of your work since I was suffering from withdrawl from storm updates. All I can say is WOW. You balance characters beautifully. You use them all and give them a purpose, with none of them being simply background. The balance of thier interplay works out beautifully, and give the story great emotional depth. Methos was perfect, smart and cunningly working his way through a story while trying not to give anything extrat to those who didn't already understand. I just don't think I've ever read such good angst in a fanfiction before. Again great job,
Kitty!
Kyra2 chapter 6 . 11/14/2003
I really enjoyed reading this. Even if it was quite sad, especially since two of the characters are dead according to canon. Not that I listen to that...

Excellent story-telling.
Neoinean chapter 6 . 11/9/2003
That you all for your wonderful reviews! This is just one "episode" in a "season" that exists entirely inside my head right now. I'm working on getting the others written.

About the crossover: Rainier was the first university in WA that came to mind. Then as I was writing this I found that I couldn't not put in a reference of some sort. I haven't decided yet if I'll expand on the crossover idea.
stcobb chapter 6 . 11/8/2003
That was freakin depressing! Good story though!
SouthernChickie chapter 6 . 11/8/2003
great story, nice long chapters, great glimps of the past. Well writen, people stayed in character very nicely. Do you have any more stories up your sleves? Perhaps RIchei finds out just where all his schlorshipmoney came from? (i don't think he'd be very happy) Great stuff!

P.S. I agree wiht Richiefic i read the summary adn skipped this. She told me to read it and i past it to others. this is a great story and people should know about it.