Reviews for Mistakes
skelanimaldiego chapter 10 . 3/10/2014
This was a very good story. :) It was sad, but it was very good. I thought how Dolores was trying to befriend the Centaurs at first was a little odd, then I thought about it and she was a child who felt ignored, so she would look for friends wherever she could. I think you did a good job showing that, and then evolving the situation to show where her hatred for them could have stemmed from. ; I hope that made sense.
FervaTrouble chapter 10 . 3/4/2013
Excellent story! You don't often hear umbridge's side, especially not her childhood! I thought it was quite believable as to why she hates half-humans :3 good job.
Anonymus chapter 2 . 3/21/2004
You're actually sympathetic towards Umbitch? That sick toad woman who gave poor Harry cuts in his hand? Is it humanly possible to HUMANIZE HER!
Erriel chapter 10 . 12/23/2003
It must be quite a task, humanizing Professor Umbridge. But this story carries it through beautifully. There were a lot of little things I really enjoyed: Riddle’s cameo, the pretty centaur names, the scene where Dolores brings them the umbrella, and the tieback to Parath’s eyes to name a few. Umbridge’s character and ambivalence is portrayed so effectively by having her adult self narrate and put a tight rein on any past emotions. And the style itself, frank and unburdened by unnecessary descriptions, was very fitting.
(can’t contain self any longer) Oh wow, you nearly had me in tears! I’ve read the whole thing through several times, and I still can’t get over it! This should really, really be her actual story. (goes off in a corner and sniffles some more)
Golden Lunar Eclipse chapter 10 . 12/13/2003
Yay! I finally caught up! This is an excellent piece of writing! Very well done! I liked it very much. Is this the end? It was put together very nicely. Good job!
PhoenixPadfoot89 chapter 10 . 12/6/2003
Oh, what a perfect ending! I love! Well done! Nicely written, and the Dumbledore quote at the end fits just nicely. I love how she calls letting him live a mistake...and that's how she hates half-breeds! Is this the last chapter? If it is, what a perfect ending! You are a wonderful author!
Kemenran chapter 10 . 12/6/2003
PhoenixPadfoot89 chapter 9 . 12/5/2003
OH, so this solves the mystery why she hates half-breeds! Please continue, and update soon!
PhoenixPadfoot89 chapter 8 . 11/30/2003
Hmm... interesting about th gradfather... please update again!
Kemenran chapter 8 . 11/30/2003
Kemenran chapter 5 . 11/15/2003
The Evil Cup of Tea chapter 5 . 11/15/2003
This is an interesting story so far! I like it! Can't wait to see what happens next!
PhoenixPadfoot89 chapter 5 . 11/15/2003
Hm...that was awefully nice of her... great chapter~!
Kemenran chapter 3 . 11/8/2003
PhoenixPadfoot89 chapter 3 . 11/8/2003
Good story so far! I can understand what made her such a toad! Please update !