Reviews for Calculated Risk
Noitamina chapter 2 . 3/9
I love these stories! James is positively brilliant!
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 2 . 4/26/2008
Interesting and original, in a Harry Potter tale that is.

There wasn't nearly enough Snape, Dumbledore, Malfoy, and/or Ginny bashing, however.

I find it amusing, too, because my neck of the woods is infested with Hippies who would vilify these characters for daring to be so interfering with nature.
Aeli Kindara chapter 1 . 2/1/2005
Crazy brothers, huh? I liked the line, "James, your idea of careful is not slapping a dragon... unless it's asleep first." And I think the idea of wolverines replacing damsels in distress is hilarious. I have to feel sorry for James's family, though, having to deal with him.

I think the writing style of this could be tweaked a little. It seems very — I'm not sure what the right word is — factual to me. Just — I'm not sure — maybe put a little more emotion into the writing style? Emotion doesn't sound right. I'm just trying to say that you might want the narrative to be a little more lively. Oh, forget it. I can't find the words for anything.

~Aeli

P.S. You do know how much I'm haunted by the line on your profile, "I am amazed she's written all of this and lasted a whole year now"? It terrifies me beyond belief. A week goes by without an update, and I'm saying, "Oh no! Raven's lost interest!" You probably haven't, and I'm just being paranoid. But it scares me just the same.