Reviews for The Best Defense
Black Shadow Tigress chapter 4 . 4/1/2010
This Fic is going great but I need to know... Who The Heck Is Kuronue? I have completely forgotten but other wise great job and I love how you made Shihi the new Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher. Very original :)
Gothic Lust chapter 5 . 12/17/2009
I like this idea. Especially the Harry/Draco part. Please update soon.

-Gothic Lust
not.so.little.girl chapter 5 . 12/28/2008
I like you story its really good. I hope you can update soon.
destiny921 chapter 5 . 4/12/2008
I like I like. Should've seen this earlier. Good job. So far so good!
DragonShine chapter 5 . 3/19/2008
Wow. This story is great! Please update soon!
WillowFae chapter 5 . 12/30/2007
Gryffindor:Neviel

Slytherin:Crabbe, Goil, Pansy

Hufflepuff:?

Ravenclaw:Luna
Fox Loves Shinigami chapter 5 . 11/21/2007
awsome fic. for the other griff: what about Neval & dean thomas; Slyth:Theo Nott, Millisicent Bullstro, & Pansy Perkinsin; Rave: Loona lovegood. (i have no clue if i spelled anything right -.-) as for teh other teams i guess u could make OCs. hope thin helped an update soon _ Ja.
CrowNoYami chapter 5 . 10/30/2007
NO It can't be over yet... it can't... there has to be a chapter hiding somewhere... please update soon, this is a fantastic story!
SyncreticVenture chapter 4 . 7/22/2007
Well, you've already written it, so you don't NEED my ideas.

Youko would have sensed whoever anyway, long before that someone was within earshot. So would have Hiei.

Also about Youko... he CAN'T 'cut thier connection', because they're the SAME PERSON; not just telapathically linked. Just a nitpicky little thing to note.

Hiei... again with the needless speech! Hiei likes to be a shadow, and unnoticed person in the midst. He never draws attention to himself except when it's necessary. ...Or when he makes fun of Kuwabara.

Nice part with Draco. I'm not much of a Harry/Draco fan (though I do like yaoi), though, so don't expect much commentary on that.

That's all for me tonight. I need sleep, it's after midnight...

Keep writing!

SyncreticVenture chapter 3 . 7/22/2007
Tut tut tut... you're slipping with your grammar! Mistakes jumping out EVERYWHERE... alas.

Wouldn't two demons trying to sneak around HIDE their ki? I mean if Jin could sense them from the Gryffindor common room they woiuld have also been sensed by others as well. At the same time why did Hiei and Kurama not wake up?

A thought just occured to me... where are the five random transfer students going to go to if there isn't a formal wizarding school in Japan (and there's not, according to JKR).

My advice for this chapter: stop relying on SpellCheck (it's nowhere NEAR perfect), read the Harry Potter series again so you can get the characters right (even with creative license you're going a BIT too far), and try to get the teachers to not be cardboard cutouts. Like Hagrid, who started the third year with HIPPOGRIFFS, not with review. Hagrid wouldn't do that anyway.

Keep writing!

~K. R. Ukido

P.S.: Yeah, I decided not to go over every little wrong detail painstakingly. Not worth my time, since you haven't updated this in three years.
SyncreticVenture chapter 2 . 7/22/2007
I'm going to go backwards this time. /sigh/

Hermione. What's you do to her? No offense, but she hates NO ONE by their first impression. Look at S.P.E.W. for crying out loud! Plus shouldn't she be asking eight million questions about Japan and Wizarding tactics and everything?

EVERYONE in Gryffindor? Not a very smart defense tactic... they should be all evenly spaced throughout the Houses, to make it fair. As well as all that, if five fifth year boys had been transferred out of Gryffindor, umm... Harry and Ron would be gone too. There's only five (or six?) fifth-years in Gryffindor during Harry's year.

If you look carefully enough, Kurama is definitely a guy. That was a little bit exaggerated.

How the hell would Harry know about street gangs in JAPAN? And, for the record, they have one of the lowest crime rates in the world...

Hey! I just noticed! Yuusuke is spelled wrong everywhere! Yeah, even though there are varying ways to spell out romaji, I've never seen it as 'Yuuske'. Japanese characers stand for syllables, after all.

They learned EVERYTHING... In one month? Okay... English alone should take a few (and that's basic at best) and five years of magic can't be crammed into someone's head in that short time no matter who you are... even Kurama can't work miracles.

Hiei's talking too much again...

ANd I leave you with one final complaint-more of a whine-I wanted to see them in Diagon Alley! And you cut that out! :'(

These are just things that I saw and would like to mention. Thanks for reading this ramble-I tend to get carried away.

Keep Writing!

~K. R. Ukido

P.S.: THESE ARE NOT FLAMES. I like your story, and so am critizising it. That's all.
SyncreticVenture chapter 1 . 7/22/2007
Hmm... Okay. IT IS NOT BAD, especially for an HP crossover with yaoi. I just noticed a FEW minor things, and a few not-so-minoras well...

First off, then: The owl wouldn't have stayed in view of what could-be-Muggles,except on a date like Voldemort being killed (where a case of 'who cares about secrecy' takes over the wizards).

Second, Voldemort himself was known all throughout the world, and Genkai treating him with an 'eh, whatever' attitude was very strange indeed.

Third, Kurama is a good student and loyal son and would never skip class... at least, never skip it so that his mother would find out.

Fourth: Hiei. Umm... he doesn't use unnesecary speech as much as you let him. ALso, only around Kurama-when they're alone-is when he shows any kind of emotion whatsoever.

And now the big one: McGonagall. Can you say 'out of character'? She'd never admit that she doesn't know how to solve a problem, and she'd never use the word humble in any letter to a future student. Just thought you should know.

In any case, it's not bad, but it could use some work. I'll keep reading though, because you HAVE caught my interest. So that's one good thing.

Keep Writing!

~K. R. Ukido.
KitsueMage chapter 5 . 7/4/2007
YAY! A Chappie! _
A Lonely Kitsune chapter 5 . 6/6/2007
Yeah, I see it;s been almost three years since you updated it, and since I haven't checked your profile, you may have hiatus'd it, but update this. It's VERY good.
Pyrokitsuna chapter 2 . 12/31/2006