Reviews for The Strength of the Soul
goneaway1999 chapter 10 . 2/12/2004
*crowns you queen of lemony goodness and angsty fluffy goodness*
I adore this fic. The lemon contrasts are perfectly written, Renjiro is just fab, with his sarcasm and comments and bitches and psychoticness and e. Everything is perfect about this fic, and the ending is fab [though the TV screen is very reminiscent of Romeo Juliet ;] Erm. I suck at reviews. ~~ I love it, and I'm going to print it off and show it to all my friends.
Le twist was skilled. *nod*
*permanantly adds this fic to every favourites list she has*
Love you, Bri. You kick ass.
Guest chapter 10 . 2/11/2004
did misty and ash die?
nonombre chapter 10 . 2/11/2004
O god... Bribri. That was wonderful!
*is bawling like a baby* So sad, but so good!
They are free now, and together.
I don't know what else to say, I'm left speechless heh;
This whole story was great and, wow.
SulliMike23 chapter 10 . 2/11/2004
That was a GREAT story. I never knew...Reijiro was actually Ash's brother and Katsuro was his father...who would've thought?
Rae8 chapter 10 . 2/11/2004
*dies*
Wow, just wow. I honestly have no words.
Except...
this was fucking *amazing*. Seriously, this chapter, the twist at the end, the epilouge, the overall story. The entire thing was so original and well-written that I think I've actually come to a place where adjectives cannot describe its greatness. ;)
The sex scene in this chapter between Ash and Misty was beautiful, with not too little or too much detail. The flashbacks of Renjiro's rapes were heartbreaking but you did a perfect job paralleling the two situations.
Ah, Renjiro. I have to say, I was wondering if you were going to let him live or not. You have succeeded in creating a character that in my opinion, has somewhat of a split personality. There were countless times I switched back and forth between debating whether or not I loved or hated Renjiro. But as the author, you were able to keep his character unpredicatble and mysterious which I think is a *very* hard thing to do.
And Renjiro and Ash, *brothers*? I so did not see that one coming, once again you have ceased surprise me in this fic.
I'm so sad to see this story go. I almost jumped out of my chair the minute I got the author alert saying the last chapter was up. You created such a brilliant piece of work and you should be very proud of yourself. I loved this story so much and my opinion of you as an author (although it has always been great lol) has heightened. You seriously have an amazing gift.
Okay, I've probably crossed the line between a positive review to complete obsession but I really can't help it ;) This fic was so wonderful and I just can't wait until your next new piece. Whatever it is, I'm sure that with you're talent I'll be loving as much as I did with Strength of the Soul (if thats even possible hehe). Congratulations on writing such an excellent story and you can be sure that I will eagerly be keeping an eye out for any of your future works.
-Rae
Just me and myself chapter 9 . 2/4/2004
ok, cool.
Erina-chan chapter 9 . 1/31/2004
*trudges along late*
O.o Gary! GARY! NO!
Ah, a veritable multitude of wit in this chapter (it's all that time you're spending around us English _~)
The 'clack' scene had me open-mouthed, literally. And that's good. Except for cotton-mouth, cos that was uncomfortable.
Phew, Delia
Love the way you've brought Misty 'back' - you've evolved her (devolved?) yet maintained the characteristics that her recent, turbulent past would have firmly engrained upon her.
This just gets better and better, and I shall be patiently waiting with my Kleenex.
Twtygl6 chapter 9 . 1/30/2004
Ha Ha! So you didn't just stop writing the story. I'm so glad. I thought I would have to guess the ending, but it's MUCH better reading it from your perspective, since you tell it much better. I absolutely enjoyed this story, like I always do. And don't worry, I haven't given up on this story. I am enjoying it too much. And besides, you are a good author and I know you wouldn't leave your readers pondering the next chapter. Keep the great and exciting chapters coming. I'll be waiting!
nonombre chapter 9 . 1/30/2004
Yay, finally I get to read this. *glares at stupid homework and school*
Like I said before my lil Bribri, this was great! I so love that Ash/Renjiro arguing! heh heh.
I can't wait to see this 'big twist' youre talking about!
Me loved this chapter just like all the others!
Love ya,
Mony
1432 chapter 9 . 1/30/2004
Woah, things got a little steamy there at the end, didn't they? ;) Hehe, Ashy-boy over here deserves mad props, I never knew he had it in him lol.
This chapter was wonderful as usual and certainly worth the wait (don't worry about it though, surely it's more important that you work out whatever you need to before you have the time to update). It was nice to see Gary, too bad he had to go though. And I found myself really liking Renjiro in this one, he actually made me laugh with some of those little comments ;)
Only one more chapter left? Aw, man, I'm really sad to see this go, but I am also dying to see what twist you include. I'm sure whatever it is it will leave me staring at the screen with my mouth open for at least an hour hehe.
Keep up the outstanding work, you really have great talent. )
Metal Mewtwo chapter 9 . 1/30/2004
Believe me, this was more than worth the wait. I definitely glad to see Gary made it into this fic, if only to be killed off shortly thereafter. I'm glad his part and his death had meaning to it, and wasn't just thrown in there for the heck of it.
Overall, it was just another terrific chapter. Although it's sad to see a absolutely grand work of fanfiction like this start coming to and end, I still know the best is yet to come and I look forward to it.
cultnirvana chapter 9 . 1/30/2004
Oh, this chapter is so great. More darkness, more intrigue, and even some eechiness _~. I don't know how many times I've read it now (espically the last scene.)
I'm so glad you didn't take out the 'hormonal Ash' part. 'Hormonal Ash' is just the best to write and read! Absolutely love the fighting between Ash and Renjiro, and the amusing way Misty delt with it. How like our favourite hot-tempered femme fatal.
The Gary part just really emphases the helplessness of the whole situation, as well as the rebel crack down. And your writing style is just as amazing as every. No sign of rust anywhere. Oh, it's all good. You're amazing, girl (though I know I'll get nothing but a snort at that comment :P)
And a month is NOT a long time to wait, espically for something of this extreme calibre! Stop apologising!
Love you loads, Karen.
SulliMike23 chapter 9 . 1/29/2004
Oh man...now Gary's dead! Damn...Keep this coming will ya! I'm on the edge of my seat!
Amber Myst chapter 9 . 1/29/2004
The end already? It doesn't seem that long. Oh well great chapter! Just update soon!
135 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »