Reviews for When The Battle Is Over
Q05 chapter 3 . 7/5/2010
Wow! This story was amazing. I cried throughout most of the story. You definitely were able to portray the strong emotions the characters felt, especially the ones between Seifer and Squall. There aren't many stories out there that can get this kind of a reaction out of me. You just write so well. You've got a lot of talent.

I look forward to reading more of your stories, and perhaps more FF8 related stories. However, perhaps next time we could have a more cheerful plot, eh?

Keep up the great work!
Heian Edenwood chapter 3 . 10/27/2007
It's very poignant. I can truly appreciate the tone and heavy overtones of pain here. I think you did a wonderful job on the potrayal of emotions.

This story is most likely one of those stories that will linger in my memories for a while. )
myeerah chapter 3 . 6/19/2004
I just noticed that you'd updated this. . . only two months late. Go me.

Anyway, you did a lovely job with the storytelling—the whole scene was very poignant. :)
Leonhart Zero chapter 3 . 6/8/2004
I'll probably say some mushy stuff like that when

I kick the bucket. But knowing me it'll probably be in some place out in the middle of nowhere with no no one around...

(friend grabs a tissue)

who knew! It's so stra-a-a-gic.
Kursed SeeD chapter 3 . 4/19/2004
Oh! Oh! Oh!
This is... so incredibly sad and so beautiful and... I've used up half a box of tissues because of you... that was enough angst and suffering to last me a good four or five years... *sniffles*... mut go read something happy to counteract such sadness... I feel so bad for them both...
You are a truly talented and wonderful author to be able to do this...
mirialdo chapter 3 . 4/18/2004
I have to say this is one of the best pieces for FF8 that I've read since I read Griever a couple years ago. It takes alot to get me to do one of these...but since this was such a moving piece, and it actually made me cry my eyes out reading the third chapter, I decided to express that I loved every bit of this fic, even if my favorite character had died at the end. Also I hope you *do* write the prequel..as I for one will be eager to read it the moment I hear of it's posting.
-Miri-
khushrenada
golden-flame4 chapter 3 . 4/17/2004
OMG SO SAD! :( yeah more plz? :) *huggles the poor heart-broken seifer* me hopes he will find his lion again :)
Redrum chapter 3 . 4/15/2004
*sniffle* It's sad that Squall died right in the middle of the story. I'm glad Seifer seems to be moving on though, even if he'll always have that pain inside without Squall there. I liked how Shiva was the last GF to leave. I always imagined her as being the closest with Squall. Great fic, and congratulations on completing another fic
konekomh chapter 3 . 4/15/2004
Death fic, from personal pov, is very difficult to write especially when you're killing one of your favourite boys T,T *sniff*
It's also very depressing to read when they're real good in conveying the emotions just like the one we've got here... T,T *still sniffing*
So you're now being held liable for making a bunch of people going depressed for an indefinite amount of time and the sudden shortage in the supply of tissue paper. *kitty blows nose loudly*
*kitty shifts back to calm mode* I like your idea of taking out the background of how everything ended up to Squally's misfortune in order to focus more on the emotions. That keeps out most of the weeds. Perhaps a sequel/prequel would be a good idea to elaborate the mystery of the millenium.
*,* (puffy/blurry eyes already)
p.s. Sei-Sei? Where does that come from? *slight shiver* Now don't tell me it's a pet name that Squally called him by ~.~; (no offense, just some personal allergies .)
Mistal chapter 3 . 4/14/2004
I had to stop a few stop coz I was going to cry...this is one of my fav Seifer/Squall angst story, excellent work! keep it up!
Mistal
peace~
ice-princess-squall chapter 3 . 4/14/2004
:sighs:
I *can never read enough* of your stories.
I promise you get better every dang time.
I love the way for ended this... hells, I'm in love with this story and "Seventh Month"
I hope to see more from you soon... you've made my hellish week amazingly better!
myeerah chapter 2 . 12/1/2003
Quite sticky-sweet. :) It does seem awfully OOC, but for a good reason-I doubt many people stay exactly the same when they're dying.
Squall's request for Seifer makes perfect sense, but I don't see how it's supposed to occupy him for long enough to help him grieve.
ice-princess-squall chapter 2 . 12/1/2003
I would have reviewed this first thing yesterday but my computer at home is screwed up.
I love this story... it's so sad.
I cry for Seifer with each chapter.
Starlit Hope chapter 2 . 12/1/2003
I loved that! You actually had me crying *sniffle* I like how Squall was talking to evryone...it seemed like he would actually say those things...
Mistal chapter 2 . 11/30/2003
even if the emotions are a bit more set, they are still a bit all over the place...anyway, nice chapter, really sad...great work, wonderful!
Mistal