Reviews for Hope is Not Lost
Ymmas Sirron chapter 7 . 8/28/2006
So I love this story and am eager to see what will happen next! You're a gifted writer and I cannot wait for you to update! Where does Katherine's heart truly lie? Update soon! Cheers luv!

~Sammy
Padme4000 chapter 7 . 8/18/2006
great story up to now cant wait for the next chapter
Estel Ashlee Snape chapter 7 . 7/5/2006
hi,

I like the story. I dont read many boromir/oc stories theyre usually legolas stories. but I like it. update soon!

~EAS~
Insane Elvish Vampire Pirate And The Demented Hobbit Ninja chapter 7 . 6/29/2006
Whoa poor Bory he's always so confused. Well I hope he can figure out what to do.

WOW if I was in lotr and they wanted me to wear a dress I would just simply say "Hell no" because I despise dresses. That'd be one of those times I'd wish I had one of those stupid magical backpacks that everyone has in the whole person falls into wherever stories and stuff like that XD Then I could wear jeans and a t-shirt,which I would.

Awesome job can't wait for another update love the story
Lintered chapter 7 . 6/28/2006
this has turned into an interesting story

and you started it three years ago?

must have been real busy huh..

hopefully you will update sooner than the way it seems, so I can't wait lol

love lintered n.n
Lintered chapter 1 . 6/28/2006
yay, UofM )

I'm gonna go there when I graduate lol [/random]

great start, but, i suppose I should read the rest of the chapter before I start guessing huh?

love lintered n.n
Sushi-san85 chapter 1 . 6/28/2006
I fear I'm a bit of a nitpicker, but that's just me. The chapter was nice, but there were just a few (really, just a few) things that got my nitpicking gene to kick in:

First, the long description of the characters. Reading descriptions about the character's appearances is, quite frankly, a little boring. It doesn't mean you shouldn't describe them, but maybe you should do it more throughout the story, for example:

Katherine tossed her brown hair behind her back to get it out of her face.

It really isn't that important to describe your characters and their appearance in the beginning of a story. Leave it up to the readers to guess a bit, give them a bit of mystery. It will make your story a lot more interesting.

And, if you are to describe your character, remember to add the flaws as well. It makes her easier to relate to.

Okay, that was the first point. Now onto the second:

Description of the scenery and/or the mood in the setting will make it easier to relate to the story. You don't need to go on in a full-page description of the view, but if the reader gets a better "feel" of the story. A good description with just the right words can cause strong emotional reactions in a reader. The stories "Don't Panic" and "Okay, NOW panic" are excellent examples of this. Brought out my tears, anger, frustration and laugh. I recommend reading those stories if you haven't already.

Right, now to the third, and last, point:

"That would be great, Jeff." Katherine said, barely able to contain her excitement, but trying to hide it.

You didn't need the "but trying to hide it" part. "barely able to contain her excitement" clearly told us that she tried to hide it. Look out for such things. In Norway we have a saying: "Smør på flesk", which roughly translates into "Butter on grease". There's no need to exaggerate. I've fallen into that trap myself many times, truth be told.

Okay, finished nitpicking. Otherwise, I'd say it was a really nice chapter, sweet and strange, and I wish you all the luck with this story. Hope you find this review to be as constructive as possible. It was never in my intention to flame you.
Unclassified chapter 7 . 6/5/2006
Listen the story is great! I think you van continue it, you just need some confidence! I believe you can finish this story with a BANG that will make everyone crya and laugh.
Boromirslover chapter 2 . 6/5/2006
WOW! I LOVE IT! :p
ArwenEvenstar83 chapter 6 . 11/29/2005
wow...great chapter and story. please keep on writing!

Liana
insaneclownpossefan chapter 7 . 9/27/2005
ok let me just say that i love it that there could be a relationship between katherine and boromir, and while this pains me to say this, i think you should keep to the script and kill off boromir. now dont get me wrong cause i really, realy love boromir, hes just misunderstood and i am totally in love with sean bean. anyway, moving on. i'd like to see a story where eomer gets the girl. i totally believe she should be kidnapped with the hobbits. when she gets to lorien i think her and haldir should so totally get along in a playfull banter way. at the doors of moria i would like for a tenth walker to get grabbed by the kraken so it looks as though she is not untouchable. playfull banter and jokes with the hobbits on the journey is a must and she has got to teach them a few dirty lyrics, jokes or quotes (eg. were cold, were tired, were hungry and were armed. dont push it. or one day ill tell my daughters; dont talk to strangers. but dont be afraid of them because statistacally, as a blood relative, im more likely to kill you then someone youve never met. or there once was a man from kildare

whose arse was all covered in hair

i tried to direct him

to find his lost rectum

so he shaved and out fell a chair.)

anyway its just a couple of ideas so update soon and keep up the good work.

:p thanx.
Cindy chapter 7 . 9/12/2005
Someone started - and discontinued - a fic wherein when the ringbearer decided he chose the Gap of Rohan, rather than Moria. The author never continued past that point. Maybe you could have the fellowship take a different route. How would it affect things? If Gandalf did not fall in Moria, would he, somehow, still become Gandalf the White? If not, how would that affect things? Or, if using the conventional route, what if Boromir survived Amon Hen? He was a well known ally to Rohan. Would that have affected the way things went? If he were injured at Amon Hen and could not run across the plains, would he head for Minas Tirith alone? Would the White City then be better prepared? Hope this gives you some ideas. Keep writing! I am, alas, no creative writer myself, but I am an excellent editor.
Lady Elora chapter 7 . 8/26/2005
Hey KT,

Don't give up yet! How about Katherine and Boromir get engaged, and she goes to Minas Tirith to meet Denethor. (No 10th Walker story...there so un-Tolkien in my opinion) Then Boromir could rejoin with the Fellowship, or he could of just never left, and you could either play with her when Boromir dies, or you could have him escort her to Minas Tirith, then go to the Fellowship and thus avoid death altogether. I'd be happy to lend anymore ideas if any of these don't suit! Just drop me an email...it's listed on my bio. :)

~Allora

aka Luthien Anaclime
lazy-bones-the-dragon chapter 6 . 8/23/2005
Whoa! I really like this story! Romance is just a tad bit rushed, but it works out! Keep up the great work!
Eruinichil chapter 6 . 7/22/2005
lol well thanx for even updating b4 u went on vacation! omg... boromir/lego/jeff hm... i wonder... it betta b boromir cuz there r way 2 many legos! lol but its ok if it is cuz its good! but then it would suk for her if she suddenly got transported bak just wen stuff is gettin interesting
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »