Reviews for No Choice At All
Silvanesti chapter 5 . 10/4/2011
Oh bloody hell, I didn't notice when I started reading that this story isn't finished. Crap. Because it's good and I wanna know what happens next. We seem to share a love of the same books and movies - Labyrinth, Harry Potter, Star Trek, Sherlock Holmes...
Trixie09 chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
An interesting story. I like how you portray the characters. I noticed in your profile you seem to be on an HP kick, but I hope some day you finish this one.
Becky Sharpe chapter 5 . 12/17/2007
Can I tell you how long I've been looking for this story? I even posted my quest to find this fic on the forum page! But now one knew! I knew I read it somewhere. ) It's a great story so far and do hope you continue with it. The imagery, plot...EVERYTHING is original and spot on. Can't wait until your next post.
Lamentha chapter 5 . 6/24/2007
I'm very much enjoying your tale, and I'm hoping you have plans to continue it!

To often it seems FanAuthors sense the "tension" between these two and rush to fulfill it. Yet in doing so it ruins the suspense and allure of their strange romance.

I love that you not only preserve that subliminal edge, but you underline it. Not to mention the way your prose somehow recalls the feeling of the movie it's self, had The Labyrinth been a book, I'm sure it would have been written in your style.

A lovely read, to be sure, please continue!
Winter Bean chapter 5 . 9/12/2005
OMG OMG OMG OMG I like I like I like update update update
Meldiriel chapter 5 . 6/26/2004
Is this the end? I hope not! I like this story, want to see what happens. Can Sarah really leave her family? Interesting. Update soon.

Ruth
S.R Devaste chapter 5 . 4/28/2004
0.0 I thought you said it was a five part work. If it ends there, hell will pay. Lol. You wouldn't do that would you. GO SARAH! The chances of you losing are now immameint ooh. Please let her lose the next one. Pretty, Pretty, Pretty, please.
Clara chapter 5 . 4/25/2004
Oh wow. Oh my word. This is quite superb and frighteningly well-written. I am so completely drawn into this - I'm quite curious as to what happens next. About the woman who was trapped in the party. Did Jareth seduce her into staying, as he tried with Sarah? When I first saw the movie, my interest had been piqued - I always wondered what would have happened to Sarah if she hadn't broken out. In fact, I was highly disappointed that she had. I'm a hopeless romantic at heart, what can I say.
Anyway, I can't wait for the next bit. I'll certainly add you to my author alerts, whenever I sign on again. Which should be soon.
scary miss mary chapter 5 . 4/22/2004
I really like this story. It's very clever, and quite different to most of the other Adult-Sarah labyrinth fics.
Good work.
Ladytremere chapter 5 . 4/22/2004
Ah, so the first test was about fear. I'd thought it was about trust. But in this instance, I believe the two were related. If she'd trusted, she wouldn't have let her fear motivate her. Or am I just stretching this to make myself right?
It's not often that I see the word lackadaisical put to actual use. I love that word.
She thinks of the Labyrinth as controlled? It was practically a sentient entity, constantly changing in its attempts to thwart her. I'd hardly call that controlled.
You just got me thinking . . . of course everyone knows it's not okay for a man to hit a woman. Yet it's generally pretty much acceptable for a woman to slap a man when she's angry. I slapped my ex boyfriend in high school and received applause. Of course, he'd hit me with a book, so . . . Anyway, I generally don't think it's okay for anyone to hit anyone else (regardless of gender) except in self-defense. I am rather pleased with how Jareth responded to Sarah's attempt to slap him.
'“Well?
Cariah Delonne chapter 5 . 4/22/2004
Brilliant! Wonderful! I LOVE IT!
Well, yes, can you tell that I really like htis fic. I hope you are writing more of it soon. If they tie, Sarah really seems to have more to lose than Jareth. Interesting. D
Cariah.
Ladytremere chapter 4 . 4/21/2004
Here I am, really late, with my review. One of my own reviewers actually yelled at me for being four days late reviewing *someone else's* story. It wasn't even HER story she was guilt tripping me over. Bad me.
I remember discussing with you last month the meaning behind the doors, and the directions, right, left, middle. I can't help but feel the right is the mundane, the stereotypical reality. And that the left would be the opposite of all of this, the "left hand path," if you've heard the term. Sarah choosing the middle could either be seen as her recognizing the need for balance between the two (something I wish some people in power would recognize) or maybe that she wants it all, that she wants two incompatible things. I can't decide.
'As you wish always makes me think of Westley from The Princess Bride.'
I don't trust the old man. Nice, him bringing up that Jareth wasn't the villain in regard to Toby, that Sarah was. Except it leaves out the fact that she atoned for that mistake. We all say things we don't mean when we're angry, all the time. If we thought they'd come true, I think we'd all be more careful what we say. But I may be going off on a tangent.
She speaks the words 'you have no power over me' as if they're magic words that solve everything, and I never saw it that way. It's not the speaking of them, it's the realization of their truth that contains the power. At least, that was how I saw it. A lot of the authors of Labyrinth fic don't seem to see it that way.
“I see the sexual tension goes both ways,
Midnight Lady chapter 3 . 3/22/2004
hm...interesting idea. but i think a child conceived in hope can be loved, if the parents are good people. they might not be good together, but they can be good apart. but that's just me, and that's me getting away from the story. so, anyway. your story is great and i'm reading it instead of doing homework. yay!
Midnight Lady chapter 2 . 3/22/2004
i loved that description of a midnight dream or fantasy, i thought that was incredibly vivid. and you're right. jareth made no promise to stay away. you're doing very well with this story, and i'm truly enjoying it.
Midnight Lady chapter 1 . 3/22/2004
oh. good start. very intriguing. i'd very much like to read more...which i shall. :D