Reviews for Triumph Out of the Bitter Taste of Ashes
Dinah Drake Lance chapter 53 . 11/30/2013
I finished this story - fantastic, by the way - but had to come back to this chapter to review. Up until Hermione says "Oooh. Dizzy" I nearly couldn't breathe for how hard I was laughing. It was wonderful to see Snape so far out of his element (the wee boyo isn't a potion to he brewed, after all) and yet so steadfastly true to his character. Bravo.
The Draco/Ron pairing wasn't one I had seen before, and I wasn't quite sure what to think of it when I saw it in the summary, but it worked for this story and was really enjoyable to read. Congratulations on a story well done. I look forward to more out of you.

-Dinah
silvrock chapter 27 . 7/27/2013
i like your story, but I'd like to nit-pick none-the-less. You said 66 pairings to be precise with 12 categories. I can see how you have calculated that from combinatronics, C(12,2). But it should be { C(12,2) * 2! }132 parental pairings instead. ...Let me explain how: There are 2 ways each of the 66 pairings can be made. Suppose, one category pairing is of a pureblood with 3 generations of line-purity (call it category A) and of a pureblood with 5 generations of line purity ( call it category B). Now this is one of the 66 ways that parental pairing can be formed using 12 categories. But even with this pairing, either the male can belong to category A and female to category B or female can belong to category A and male to category B. It means, you will have to multiply 66 by 2, to get the total number of parental pairings from 12 categories. Hence, 132 parental pairings from 12 categories of blood linages :D.
I could not restrain myself from making this point, no offence.
Great story! Cheers!
Readergirl99 chapter 55 . 4/17/2013
This was amazing! I've spent the past day practically glued to my computer reading it! Did you ever write a sequel? I would love to read it but I don't know which on your profile it might be...
Aisha04 chapter 55 . 3/30/2013
Great storyline. I enjoyed it
Guest chapter 55 . 2/4/2013
I honestly feel I was mislead by this.
This isn't a romance between Severus and hermione at all, more a friendship.
And it seemed to focus more on Draco and Ron then ss/hg.
It's still a good story but shouldn't be labeled as ss/hg romance
ray chapter 13 . 10/31/2012
I really like this story but your use of asterisks is super *annoying*. Let the reader put their own *emphasis* on the words. Also, i *Feel* like you *should* have mentioned that this has *a lot* of ron/draco. a lot more than *expected* when it *is* labeled as SS/HG.
Montara chapter 55 . 10/5/2012
It was an interesting journey. I do hope you'll write the sequel soon. They deserve to have their love story told after all that suffering. Thank you!
bethanysb chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Reaaaaalllyy enjoyed thus story and was hoping you'd written a sequel :(
vonHardenberg chapter 35 . 7/4/2012
I am glad to read a story, however improbable, that doesn't rely on lemons for its interest. It is original and thoughtful. I am not particularly a fan of slash, but you handle it very tastefully. also has a cleaner publishing program than AFF. Tenterhooks is more authentic historically. It is a small matter, however.
KT8812 chapter 3 . 4/24/2012
I'm so glad to have found this story, entirely by serendipity!

I've run out of good HG/SS stories to read, with very few being written these days and having devoured the rest months ago!

It has a great beginning and I can't wait to read more!
BellaTallin chapter 55 . 1/27/2012
Very much enjoyed this story, you have an excellent way of writing it. I surprisingly enjoyed the relationship of Draco and Ron, and really wished there was more... intimate... moments between the two and that really surprised me, lol, as I'm not usually into that sort of thing. All in all a wonderful story, very well done!
aerialla1 chapter 55 . 9/9/2011
This story was rough to follow at first, then definitely picked up. Parts were confusing and seemed to go no where...the project between Malfoy and Ron being one. It felt like some kind of ending was missing to it. Overall the story was very good and well written. There were some spelling and grammar mistakes here and there, but nothing major. If I wasn't an English Major I would not have noticed them at all. Thanks for such a good story. I hope that the sequel is available.
Lacey-Mae Emelia chapter 27 . 8/6/2011
OH MY GOD I just read the squib/squid bit and I must tell you, I am in complete hysterics!
HauntedApple chapter 55 . 7/21/2011
I REALLLY like this story. Did you ever get around to writing the sequel?

Earlier on in the story there were a few mistakes that really stuck out to me.

Ginny's real name is Ginevra not Virgina

Hermione's middle name in Jean not Elizabeth

Blaise Zabini is a HE not a she.

Sorry if i sound like i am criticizing, it's just that Character name mess up are one of my pet peeves.

Anyways, the story was really amazing.
somechit chapter 11 . 5/27/2011
Is every man/boy gay in your fucking culture ? In so many stories there is gay-stuff...I don't get it! Does everybody has to fuck everybody !