Reviews for Triumph Out of the Bitter Taste of Ashes
Sraelynn chapter 6 . 11/17/2014
Sorry if it seems I'm only insulting your intelligence. I swear I'm not! But why did you make blaise a girl? Blaine is a boy
Sraelynn chapter 5 . 11/17/2014
I believe the books revealed her real name is ginerva weasley
jensteed chapter 55 . 7/31/2014
Such a great story, I know it's been years but I hope you're still thinking of writing a sequel? Pretty pretty pretty please ;)
jensteed chapter 53 . 7/31/2014
I really liked the birth scene (though I wish all my births had been that quick, lol) Her reactions really had me giggling, when you're in that situation you never know quite what you're going to say next. And poor Severus, of course you get to take it all out on the father...in fact I think that's one of your only perks at that point in time? But he was so far out of his element and didn't have a bloody clue what was happening.
Awesome chapter, I loved it :D
jensteed chapter 27 . 7/31/2014
Yeah I noticed one "squid" in an earlier chapter and now every time I read "squib", I think "squid" (along with accompanying mental images, hahaha)
Actually I'd think Lucius Malfoy would rather be related to squids for that matter ;)
jensteed chapter 20 . 7/31/2014
Oh bloody hell! So no-one thought the girl who'd been suffering from stress caused amnesia needed maybe, just maybe, be reminded of the fact that she was pregnant? It's heartrending to watch Hermione fall apart like that, thinking she's been "bad" :'(
jensteed chapter 16 . 7/31/2014
This is a really great story. It's the first I've read with Ron and Draco (definitely not a pairing I'd have gone looking for, lol) but I like how they drew together under such extreme stress and how much more tactful Ron is than usual, that he actually uses his brain, haha. They're very sweet together.
What happened to Hermione is awful but the scene where she ran to Snape and her reasoning was brilliant. I can't wait to keep reading and see where it goes.
Dinah Drake Lance chapter 53 . 11/30/2013
I finished this story - fantastic, by the way - but had to come back to this chapter to review. Up until Hermione says "Oooh. Dizzy" I nearly couldn't breathe for how hard I was laughing. It was wonderful to see Snape so far out of his element (the wee boyo isn't a potion to he brewed, after all) and yet so steadfastly true to his character. Bravo.
The Draco/Ron pairing wasn't one I had seen before, and I wasn't quite sure what to think of it when I saw it in the summary, but it worked for this story and was really enjoyable to read. Congratulations on a story well done. I look forward to more out of you.

-Dinah
silvrock chapter 27 . 7/27/2013
i like your story, but I'd like to nit-pick none-the-less. You said 66 pairings to be precise with 12 categories. I can see how you have calculated that from combinatronics, C(12,2). But it should be { C(12,2) * 2! }132 parental pairings instead. ...Let me explain how: There are 2 ways each of the 66 pairings can be made. Suppose, one category pairing is of a pureblood with 3 generations of line-purity (call it category A) and of a pureblood with 5 generations of line purity ( call it category B). Now this is one of the 66 ways that parental pairing can be formed using 12 categories. But even with this pairing, either the male can belong to category A and female to category B or female can belong to category A and male to category B. It means, you will have to multiply 66 by 2, to get the total number of parental pairings from 12 categories. Hence, 132 parental pairings from 12 categories of blood linages :D.
I could not restrain myself from making this point, no offence.
Great story! Cheers!
Readergirl99 chapter 55 . 4/17/2013
This was amazing! I've spent the past day practically glued to my computer reading it! Did you ever write a sequel? I would love to read it but I don't know which on your profile it might be...
Aisha04 chapter 55 . 3/30/2013
Great storyline. I enjoyed it
Guest chapter 55 . 2/4/2013
I honestly feel I was mislead by this.
This isn't a romance between Severus and hermione at all, more a friendship.
And it seemed to focus more on Draco and Ron then ss/hg.
It's still a good story but shouldn't be labeled as ss/hg romance
ray chapter 13 . 10/31/2012
I really like this story but your use of asterisks is super *annoying*. Let the reader put their own *emphasis* on the words. Also, i *Feel* like you *should* have mentioned that this has *a lot* of ron/draco. a lot more than *expected* when it *is* labeled as SS/HG.
Montara chapter 55 . 10/5/2012
It was an interesting journey. I do hope you'll write the sequel soon. They deserve to have their love story told after all that suffering. Thank you!
bethanysb chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Reaaaaalllyy enjoyed thus story and was hoping you'd written a sequel :(