Reviews for Triumph Out of the Bitter Taste of Ashes
Sammypenny chapter 22 . 9/23

I'm really enjoying your story so far. I'm surprised by how much I like the interactions between Draco and Ron. I'm on chapter 22 at the moment and it's really bothering me that I don't understand the following passage:

Granger sighed. "It doesn't. The only thing in genetics that *can*, is the presence of wizarding ancestry far enough back it's been forgotten - which if the theory still holds, still leaves out male muggle-born - or spontaneous genetic mutation."

Severus smirked, but had only opened his mouth when Granger cut him off.

"Don't even think it, Professor. That's beneath even you!" she retorted, sounding angry, but looking faintly amused.

He watched her wryly. "Even me?" he asked, his voice dry.

Granger ducked her head, but not before he saw the blush begin, and a sheepish expression cross her face. As soon as it had come, however, it was gone, and the girl plowed ahead, apparently very willing to simply ignore the gaffe she'd made.

Severus wasn't so sure he was. Never the less, he held his tongue, in favor of a sneak attack at a later time. Besides, he had a better question to ask.

What was Snape going to say? I don't understand the joke and it's really bugging me that it went over my head. Please rescue my sanity and explain it to me.

LovesRickman chapter 55 . 6/28
Absolutely enjoyed this fic! Dramatic without tipping into melodrama.

Missy aka LovesRickman
ohmygawd she doesnt remember shes pregnant... PLEASE dont make her have this baby! it will fudge everything up!
instead of stars, try italicising the stronger words...
but i am still liking this story :)
ginevra. ginny's name is Ginevra molly weasley. not verginia
Sraelynn chapter 6 . 11/17/2014
Sorry if it seems I'm only insulting your intelligence. I swear I'm not! But why did you make blaise a girl? Blaine is a boy
Sraelynn chapter 5 . 11/17/2014
I believe the books revealed her real name is ginerva weasley
jensteed chapter 55 . 7/31/2014
Such a great story, I know it's been years but I hope you're still thinking of writing a sequel? Pretty pretty pretty please ;)
jensteed chapter 53 . 7/31/2014
I really liked the birth scene (though I wish all my births had been that quick, lol) Her reactions really had me giggling, when you're in that situation you never know quite what you're going to say next. And poor Severus, of course you get to take it all out on the fact I think that's one of your only perks at that point in time? But he was so far out of his element and didn't have a bloody clue what was happening.
Awesome chapter, I loved it :D
jensteed chapter 27 . 7/31/2014
Yeah I noticed one "squid" in an earlier chapter and now every time I read "squib", I think "squid" (along with accompanying mental images, hahaha)
Actually I'd think Lucius Malfoy would rather be related to squids for that matter ;)
jensteed chapter 20 . 7/31/2014
Oh bloody hell! So no-one thought the girl who'd been suffering from stress caused amnesia needed maybe, just maybe, be reminded of the fact that she was pregnant? It's heartrending to watch Hermione fall apart like that, thinking she's been "bad" :'(
jensteed chapter 16 . 7/31/2014
This is a really great story. It's the first I've read with Ron and Draco (definitely not a pairing I'd have gone looking for, lol) but I like how they drew together under such extreme stress and how much more tactful Ron is than usual, that he actually uses his brain, haha. They're very sweet together.
What happened to Hermione is awful but the scene where she ran to Snape and her reasoning was brilliant. I can't wait to keep reading and see where it goes.
Dinah Drake Lance chapter 53 . 11/30/2013
I finished this story - fantastic, by the way - but had to come back to this chapter to review. Up until Hermione says "Oooh. Dizzy" I nearly couldn't breathe for how hard I was laughing. It was wonderful to see Snape so far out of his element (the wee boyo isn't a potion to he brewed, after all) and yet so steadfastly true to his character. Bravo.
The Draco/Ron pairing wasn't one I had seen before, and I wasn't quite sure what to think of it when I saw it in the summary, but it worked for this story and was really enjoyable to read. Congratulations on a story well done. I look forward to more out of you.

silvrock chapter 27 . 7/27/2013
i like your story, but I'd like to nit-pick none-the-less. You said 66 pairings to be precise with 12 categories. I can see how you have calculated that from combinatronics, C(12,2). But it should be { C(12,2) * 2! }132 parental pairings instead. ...Let me explain how: There are 2 ways each of the 66 pairings can be made. Suppose, one category pairing is of a pureblood with 3 generations of line-purity (call it category A) and of a pureblood with 5 generations of line purity ( call it category B). Now this is one of the 66 ways that parental pairing can be formed using 12 categories. But even with this pairing, either the male can belong to category A and female to category B or female can belong to category A and male to category B. It means, you will have to multiply 66 by 2, to get the total number of parental pairings from 12 categories. Hence, 132 parental pairings from 12 categories of blood linages :D.
I could not restrain myself from making this point, no offence.
Great story! Cheers!
Readergirl99 chapter 55 . 4/17/2013
This was amazing! I've spent the past day practically glued to my computer reading it! Did you ever write a sequel? I would love to read it but I don't know which on your profile it might be...