Reviews for Roots
heycharlie333 chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
This story is CRAZY good. Everything I need in a good Lance fic! You got it spot on, great job!
Guest chapter 9 . 4/14/2013
This is quite honestly the only well written cliffhanger I've read on fanfiction in a loooong time.
Everyone else's sad attempts at a cliffhanger:
Whatever. I know exactly what's gonna happen. Mmm, mom just brought cookies home. Lemme take a break to eat then I'll come back.
Your cliffhanger:
OMG. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT CRAZY $HIT IS GONNA HAPPEN OMGOMGOMG. NO, MOM, I CAN'T EAT AN EFFING COOKIE RIGHT NOW! SHUT UP! GET AWAY FROM ME AND LET ME READ! I DON'T CARE IF THE EFFIN HOUSE IS ON FIRE I GOTTA-
*passes out due to hyperventilation*
This is an AMAZING story.
Keep writing!
Time Review chapter 14 . 9/23/2011
Beautiful. The whole story was just...beautiful.

I kept thinking this would end with random out-of-characterness and scenes that were just stupid, as I find it difficult to find good stories about Lance, but I was pleasantly surprised when I finished reading the whole thing and got a happily contented feeling.

Well, sort of; there still leaves room for a sequel, which actually gives it a feel of an ongoing life. Leaves more for the imagination, y'know? If everything came to a happily-ever-after close, the story wouldn't give off the same vibe as it does now, with him being content to be with his fellow 'abandons.' An interesting twist that was written well enough to be believed. I like it. Good job.

...

A heartbreaking thought of never getting to play with his little brother or to have that warm feeling of a real family that loves him... that must be harsh for him whenever he gets close to other families now, huh? The realization of his housemates being his real family sure will come in handy; probably bring them all closer together, too.

I loved the ending Thanksgiving picture. It's no wonder Kitty wanted it on their mantel, it's so...them. So cute! It makes the picture feel more alive and not posed, which, in their case, would have made it feel fake.

All-in-all, I loved your story. It was a surprisingly fun read. Thanks.

Time R.
Vi-Violence chapter 14 . 7/25/2011
Glad to see this finished, any chance of a sequel?
Ace-of-Cyberspace13 chapter 12 . 7/8/2011
Awww! Poor Lance! Poor Sophie! Poor Maggie! Poor everyone! Another awesome chapter!

-Ace
ishidoro chapter 12 . 7/8/2011
Great history so far, I think your characterization of Lance is the best one i've seen in this site. And you did an awesome job with his background... Can't wait for the next chapter!
mae.raine chapter 11 . 7/5/2011
this story is so sad D: I'm trying not to hate Lance's parents because I understand why they would be overwhelemd by it but STILL. Poor Lance. Awww.. Kitty, you have to hug him to make him feel better!

Update soon please :'D
catspaw chapter 11 . 7/2/2011
So great to see an update. Your fic is one of my favourites for evo. Seeing the new xmen movie gave me a hankering for some evo fics and I figured I'd reread this one again only to find out that it had been updated! This has made my day. Poor Lance though. I love him going to Kitty for comfort though. Looking forward to the next update
Ace-of-Cyberspace13 chapter 11 . 7/1/2011
Wow. This is sooo awesome! I don't know why I didn't read this sooner! I really don't! So, now I'm sitting in the dark, alone in my house, listening to the Grey's Anatomy: The Music Event OST, and reading one of the best stories, likr, ever! (Well, technically, I'm reviewing it, but whatever.) So awesome! I can't wait to read more!

-Ace
Daxo chapter 10 . 6/28/2011
well dude for a 4 year absent to only a few weeks now you are improving P

na just kidding

i like this story but im sensing a ending near?

actually its ok if you do it it fits but if you are going to make this longer by any means

well see you later
Riderazzo chapter 9 . 6/21/2011
It is nice to see this story is still going. This was a cute chapter. I wonder how Lance's Dad and step mom will react to finding out Lance is a mutant. Can't wait for the next chapter _
su-chan chapter 9 . 6/19/2011
yeah! finally after years when i check by coincidence i find the updating of one of my favorites story! great that the story will be ended it's really great so please end it!
Kit Kadaver chapter 9 . 6/18/2011
Ya! I'm so happy you're finishing this story! I've loved it since the first chapter was uploaded. I can't wait to find out what happens!
Dracarot chapter 9 . 6/18/2011
I am willing to volunteer my Betaing services. I was for a time a beta for the story "Videl the Saiyan warrior" before real life killed the time I could actually edit that. I am out of college for the rest of the summer so I have the time and the will to apply myself to the beta work if you so desire.
Val chapter 8 . 9/30/2009
aww you should finish this its a very cute story!