Reviews for Gold Tinted Spectacles
AliceCullen3 chapter 40 . 6/17
LOVE IT!
ObsessiveCompulsiveReader chapter 40 . 9/26/2014
I know this story was written some years ago but i only discovered it this week through another hecatemus story. I'm very happy to have followed the trail to it since I really, really loved it. Thanks for a very well thought universe and characters :D
Stasia Ravenclaw chapter 40 . 9/2/2014
amazing I loved it
cztelnik chapter 31 . 5/30/2014
Another thing I like about this story, Snape, Dumbledore and Sirius don't aren't constantly in the chapters but when they are they are reasonably intelligent without straying too far from JKR's characters.
cztelnik chapter 30 . 5/30/2014
That just might be the best chapter ever following a lot of good chapters. Humor, the succinct way Draco describes himself to warn off the Dursleys. The way he talks with Dudley, the final scene - wrath of Draco...all brilliant.

Sirus coming back - been seeing this since the dog in Hogsmead, makes logical sense the Veil is more of a physical curse than a true death.

Oh yes, Proff Trawleney portrayal feels so much better than the idiot savant character so often used. So very glad this story is complete, this would be one of the awesomely sad books, to lose the end of the story.
cztelnik chapter 28 . 5/30/2014
Another factor that improves this story, the angst of HP/DM pairing was dealt with in the first few chapters, allowing the rest of the plot to get on with itself. A bit unusual but practical technique that makes for smoother more interesting reading. Been wondering when Malfoy Sr. and "Whatsit" were going to make their appearances, not that I'm complaining - I've nothing but good stuff to say about GTS.
cztelnik chapter 24 . 5/30/2014
Oooo bravo! Synchronized Xmas lights and music isn't new but can be spectacular - imagining what more could be done with cgi...or magic is inspiring. Nice Christmas touch! Also, in spite of the constant sexual references and innuendos, part of why I like this story is Draco and Harry are partners - different but equal - more boy/girl romances ought to be written this way instead of the common frippery. Hermione and Snape stories sometimes get this treatment but many pairing stories just don't sadly.
cztelnik chapter 16 . 5/29/2014
Kind of a cool idea, Kaleidoscopes always did seem like magic - using them for training aids for someone who can see magic is kind of interesting.
PokeyDotes chapter 40 . 4/12/2014
This is officially one of my favorite D/H stories. The story was so well told, I REALLY didn't want it to end. While several of the characters were slightly OOC, which was to be expected considering the circumstances they were in, you still managed to write them in such a way that I could totally see them reacting that way if the situation were to be canon (i.e Ron's awkwardness with Draco and Harry's relationship, Neville's unexpected observations, Draco's cutting sarcasm.) I also love the idea of Trelawney being a legitimate seer who has simply been playing a ruse. Just about everything in this story, from Snape's reluctant support to Dudley's fear of being gay had me completely hooked. I realize that this story was written over ten years ago, but I had to let you know how much it was enjoyed, and I will definitely be reading it again.

P.S. Quite possibly the best line ever written in any HP fanfic is " [If Madame Pompfrey wanted to rule the world,] the Slytherin replied lightly, [the world would take its medicine quietly and surrender.] 22 chapters later and it still has me smiling!
Dbp chapter 40 . 12/5/2013
Will there be a sequel to this?
Guest chapter 40 . 10/5/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
Beccissss chapter 13 . 7/17/2013
Wow, that was amazing! One of the best FanFictions I have ever read! Absolutley increadible! :D
anf600 chapter 40 . 7/6/2013
Great fic...will now look for a sequel.
OldestOfTheYoung chapter 18 . 4/22/2013
"If Madame Pomfrey wanted to rule the world, the world would take its medicine quietly and surrender."
That line made me laugh so hard! It's so true! LOL
zorosgurl chapter 8 . 3/19/2013
I found this novel YEARS ago, before I moved, I think I found it in 2004 or 2005, but it was on a website, where the pages were a darker color and the text I believe was green. Anyways, the novel is amazing, I want a published in person copy :) I just recently found out it was on fanfiction, and now I can finally continue the story that I wasn't able to finish. Thank you