Reviews for Gold Tinted Spectacles
PokeyDotes chapter 40 . 4/12
This is officially one of my favorite D/H stories. The story was so well told, I REALLY didn't want it to end. While several of the characters were slightly OOC, which was to be expected considering the circumstances they were in, you still managed to write them in such a way that I could totally see them reacting that way if the situation were to be canon (i.e Ron's awkwardness with Draco and Harry's relationship, Neville's unexpected observations, Draco's cutting sarcasm.) I also love the idea of Trelawney being a legitimate seer who has simply been playing a ruse. Just about everything in this story, from Snape's reluctant support to Dudley's fear of being gay had me completely hooked. I realize that this story was written over ten years ago, but I had to let you know how much it was enjoyed, and I will definitely be reading it again.

P.S. Quite possibly the best line ever written in any HP fanfic is " [If Madame Pompfrey wanted to rule the world,] the Slytherin replied lightly, [the world would take its medicine quietly and surrender.] 22 chapters later and it still has me smiling!
Dbp chapter 40 . 12/5/2013
Will there be a sequel to this?
Guest chapter 40 . 10/5/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
Beccissss chapter 13 . 7/17/2013
Wow, that was amazing! One of the best FanFictions I have ever read! Absolutley increadible! :D
anf600 chapter 40 . 7/6/2013
Great fic...will now look for a sequel.
OldestOfTheYoung chapter 18 . 4/22/2013
"If Madame Pomfrey wanted to rule the world, the world would take its medicine quietly and surrender."
That line made me laugh so hard! It's so true! LOL
zorosgurl chapter 8 . 3/19/2013
I found this novel YEARS ago, before I moved, I think I found it in 2004 or 2005, but it was on a website, where the pages were a darker color and the text I believe was green. Anyways, the novel is amazing, I want a published in person copy :) I just recently found out it was on fanfiction, and now I can finally continue the story that I wasn't able to finish. Thank you
sumthin.clever.5 chapter 40 . 12/15/2012
I agree. That was unexpected. But very pleasing.

Awww, That last paragraph almost broke me. Very sweet.
sumthin.clever.5 chapter 39 . 12/15/2012
Well them collapsing was unexpected. Very nice rings, though. But they probably should have been charmed as to be non-removable. At least to all but both boys (a concept I read about in another fic). I mean, if someone just takes the ring off, knowing what it did or not, they could still cast the spell.
sumthin.clever.5 chapter 38 . 12/15/2012
*sigh* You're going to make me hate Blaise, huh? He's usually one of my favorite characters. :(

Alright Snape. Quick on the reflexes.

Oh good. That's sad, but more agreeable. I'd hate for Blaise to just hate Harry outright.

Oh that poor Prefect. I'd so hate to be caught bearing witness to their activities. xD! ...well, maybe not. xD!

Ugh. Poor Blaise. Having to repeat seventh year. And who knows how long until he recovers. He might be in the same classes with who are now first years or later.

And I agree with your Anonymous commentor from my birthday (June 25th! :D!; happy related birthday to you, by the way. LJ tells me it was a couple of days ago now.), I believe that sentence saying they had to go in isolation does need some commas or something. I had to read it like 5 times and eventually just take out the part about the other seventh years before it made sense to me what you were trying to say. Now rereading it, it should seem obvious but it wasn't at first.
sumthin.clever.5 chapter 37 . 12/15/2012
Lol. Remorse was just something Harry did. xD!

Harry's interactions with Snape are always fun. But silly me for always believing that friends liked each other on some level.

"I will not make myself a target." Smart girl. Completely Slytherin.

This is a Narcissa Malfoy I can understand. A doting mother just trying to protect her son. Her methods may have hurt him, but they were in his best interests, in her eyes. That makes sense. And he should not be surprised she is showing him such affection, even in public, at this point. She almost lost him. The fact that she even stops touching him in some way should be the real shock.

Harry was told to call her Mum? No. Even I'm not feeling that. Even if she seems to love her child and be accepting of his and Harry's relationship, it would be logical for her to have to do more to earn Harry's trust and respect and definitely his affection enough to bestow such a title. That crap is personal, especially since he never really knew his own mother.

Him hugging her was also a surprise.

I'm trying to remember if I suspected his mother of sending the knife, which I will say I completely forgot about until now. And I'm also wondering, if this knife was made for protecting him, did it do anything when he'd been kidnapped?

Aww. Cute. And I'm glad Narcissa recognizes that Draco doesn't currently want any part of Lucius, but it was appropriate to mention that he was different then.
sumthin.clever.5 chapter 35 . 12/12/2012
LOL! I so love Moody. He's so unapologetically him! Either he's one of us or you've both sold us out. Ha! xD! That's right, Moody. Keep all options open. When you expect everything, nothing can surprise you.

Draco's conscious is fading. Oh shit, that's the answer. Remember the Smith incident? When Draco faded, Harry's instincts were loosed and he could have destroyed everything. Now with Draco fading again, he can tear down the barrier between them.

That whole last paragraph about had be rolling. He caught the curse, decided it was pretty but felt nasty, told it it couldn't kill him, and flicked it back to its caster. I bet Lucius was surprised. xD!
sarahsezlove chapter 40 . 12/12/2012
I've been reading this as and when I got the chance for a while now.

Fabulous stuff.
sumthin.clever.5 chapter 34 . 12/12/2012
Lol. I do love Moody. Remorse be damned. If he's wrong, what point is there in admitting it? Acknowledge the right information and act on it.

I love me some Harry, too. "Don't push me, Remus," Harry said equally as quietly, "I'm likely to snap and that won't be pretty. Leave me alone." "Verbally dissected." I do like that. xD!

Fudge up and got a brain. Bout time, bout time.
sumthin.clever.5 chapter 33 . 12/12/2012
"Father and Son"? That title makes me think I need fear for my Draco.

A few sentences in and my anxiety grows. They separate? Negative. Bad idea.

See? Knew that was a bad idea.

I haven't even hit the first scene break and I'm cursing near up a storm. How the hell did Lucius even get into the school? Surely after him being arrested for being a Death Eater he is no longer a school governor. Did they use the Vanishing Cabinet?

"Well you can have blithering wreck or blind anger, your choice," Harry said shortly. "Myself, I'm finding murderous rage far more productive at the moment." Lol. Me, too.

"Speaking to thin air was not considered the done thing..." xD! No, it never is, is it?

Oh la la. Even the dead feel pain.