Reviews for Gold Tinted Spectacles
Guest in Europe chapter 9 . 8/8
Head of house, not house head... good grief! Are you sure you have a beta? A tea cup is not the same as a cup of tea, a beer bottle is not the same as a bottle of beer and a house head is not at all a head of house.
This poor use of language really is spoiling an otherwise good story.
Guest in Europe chapter 8 . 8/8
presented to like a present...
Really? Has this actually been read by a beta?
synonyms for present : gift? offering?
These two spring to mind and there are probably others.
Guest in Europe chapter 7 . 8/8
I know this is finished so my comments are largely irrelevant, but here is an example of how confusing your lack of pronouns and names can be:
The Gryffindor's grip on his hand was vice like and the Hecatemus moved to place his other hand on Draco's arm as well.
This makes it sound like there are three people involved. What's wrong with:
Harry's grip on Draco's hand was vice like and then he moved to place his other hand on Draco's arm as well.
I do like the premise of your story but this weird writing style detracts from it.
Guest in Europe chapter 5 . 8/8
So, I guess, when you see my previous review, you will have a good laugh! I was a tad too impatient and now have explained everything (or at least. enough). I'm fully back on board and well-written - you ratcheted up the tension just right!
Guest in Europe chapter 4 . 8/8
I'm having really mixed feelings about this story. Their relationship is founded on nothing in particular and has moved on far too quickly. How has Harry suddenly become an expert in sex. and seduction? Wouldn't he have taken Draco to the room of requirement? Apart from Harry now knowing Draco has rejected the dark path, what is drawing him to his own precious worst. enemy? I hope some of this is going to be made clear... but I feel doubtful and that you are asking us to take a lot for granted.
I also agree with a previous reviewer about your over-use of Dark-haired Gryffindor, dark haired youth etc etc. Use their bloody names or a pronoun unless it would be confusing. This seems to have developed as a fanfiction pretention and it really doesn't add to the reading experience.
Minor irritations aside, I plan to read on for a few chapters and see how things develop.
Thank you for starting an innteresting story.
Hancock23 chapter 40 . 2/17
I thought alot of places could have used more detail but i really enjoyed this fic. it was fun and fluffy and it was my first fic with that sort of telepathy. i liked alot.
Hancock23 chapter 1 . 2/14
i have just finished chapter 1 and even though i can see the potential of this story, i can't get over the annoying way you refer the characters: dark haired, redheaded, gryfindor..., its too much!
TRIC4R chapter 2 . 1/30
Very interesting
emthereble chapter 40 . 1/7
Wow this is a fantastic and brilliantly written fanfic, I just loved it!
A chapter 22 . 11/25/2015
The current state of affairs amazes me as well! Everyone has changed so much, but you make it seem natural.
Ana chapter 21 . 11/25/2015
I hope the Order members and Draco behave when they meet. Especially Draco, haha.
Ana chapter 20 . 11/25/2015
I wonder what the results of the press conference will be, though I can't imagine much negativity after Draco and Harry's performances.
Guest chapter 19 . 11/25/2015
Poor Harry! Always has the weight of the world on his shoulders.
Guest chapter 18 . 11/25/2015
Madame Pomfrey is spectacular.
A chapter 17 . 11/24/2015
Poor Draco, being disowned. On the other hand- THANK GOD DRACO WAS DISOWNED. He doesn't need anything to do with the Malfoy clan.