Reviews for The Headless Horseman
Soledad chapter 1 . 2/29/2004
That was frighteningly wonderful. You had me on the edge of my seat all the time. Deadly accurate description of the two so different minds - the merging was violent, but what would one expect from a ship that had been "sleeping" for so long and from a pilot that had been completely untrained. Such arrogance from the side of the PsiCorps, thinking that they could use a technology far more advanced than anything they knew - even if the ship weren't sentient, it would have lead to a disaster.
Charles N. Jackson chapter 1 . 12/31/2003
Well written and considered. The subject matter is carefully handled and presented in a nutral context, much as a proper news report should be. The writing style is smooth and concise with good reference points as the point of view shifts, keeping the reader attached to the flow of the story. There are a couple of minor spelling or grammatical mistakes but they can be over looked.
Over all, one of the better short stories I have read recently. Thank you, Author.
BetaReject chapter 1 . 11/17/2003
Many thanks for the reviews

I didn't realize that by making the tale written in present tense, it would take away from the story...I'll have to remember that for next time. Thanks for the tip )
Hilary Weston chapter 1 . 11/15/2003
This is an interesting take on an episode and I particualy liked your insight into the vessesls thoughts. I personally would prefer it to be written in the past tense. I'm sure you are trying to convey a particular sense, but I just couldn't get compleatly into the moment.
TryxterKat chapter 1 . 11/12/2003
I thoroughly enjoyed this. You've done a great job of depicting the state of oneness between ship and pilot, the attempts to contact the creators, and the sense of aloneness when it realizes they aren't there.