Reviews for Standing in a Single Moment
Captain Oz chapter 1 . 3/9/2006
Aw... ::sniffles::

I read one of your fics, and felt inspired to read more! And your profile... I love Moulin Rouge!
jen chapter 1 . 8/2/2005
The ending was adorable! Omg im starting to like r/s. Even though its like highly unlikely there is something super awesome about it. I really loved it. Really original and creative. Love, a new reviewer who is gonna go read your other fics
A Happy Little Bumble-bee chapter 1 . 8/22/2004
oh my... that was so sweet! i loved it, truly, and i felt my eyes prickle with tears and everything! it was very good.
Daintress chapter 1 . 4/28/2004
Odd. Very odd. I thought at first that it was a picture of Regalus that he was visiting. I'm not sure it makes sense that they can have a picture done, then put a personality into it that didn't ever exist. Anyway, it's a very entertaining story, and a worthy read. Keep up the good work. Hope you'll take a look at my fics as well.
Kyrissaean chapter 1 . 12/2/2003
oh i do wish i had something intelligent to say in these.
well im actually on the computer *shock horror* and thought i would come and read your story which i have to admit i had completely forgot about it. you'd mention it and i'd think i have to go read that and then it would always pass away.
interesting story. interesting idea actually. are you saying that if someone painted a person ona piece of canvas they'd have a complete personality? Or if a girl was painted as a guy then...hm.
well anyway
:) well done
1 of few r/s stories i have read. i dont suppose that helps much with mine but i doubt anything wld help with mine.
you'll understnad when you read it :)
hope your waiting with baited breath (you know thinking about it i have no idea what that means)
i keep moving off the subject *cough*
well done
yay
write more of already existing stories!
NOW
Delie chapter 1 . 12/2/2003
No! Oh, that is so sad. Although I generally think ‘Sirius is dead’ fics are evil (not to mention Sirius is ‘gay’ fics) I really liked this one (even if you did make me cry…again) Yes, definitely a brotherly affection, definitely, definitely. I have to admit it took me ages to figure out what the picture was, I read the beginning five times before I had the sense to read on. So, after realising that it wasn’t Regulus or Phineas I love your idea portraying Sirius as he ‘should’ have been if he hadn’t turned into a wonderful, brilliant…etc etc human being. Congratulations on your use of fantastic flashbacks! I love flashbacks! Why did Remus have to burn that photo? He could have posted it to me…or…sent it to a portrait painter and then there would be a proper Sirius portrait! Well, I know you usually have sad endings so, I should have been prepared. Please do more Remus and Sirius fics (no, not that kind!) you do them so well.
Fantome chapter 1 . 11/18/2003
Wonderful story! This is a very, very clever idea. I love the idea that magic can create an alternate version of Sirius, a perfect child to live up to the family name. Great personality as well, and his holding the potions book upside down because he had it memorized was an amusing touch. I liked the symbolism behind cremating the muggle picture of Sirius and Remus together and leaving Portrait-Sirius, an unreal representation, alone. Lovely lesson about letting go.
NeVA chapter 1 . 11/17/2003
that was really original, and very sad. Good work.
katie chapter 1 . 11/15/2003
PLEASE update Emerald and Silver , this is good too but I like emerald and silver better
mysid chapter 1 . 11/13/2003
One of the great tragedies of Sirius's death is that it left Remus without an opportunity to say good-bye-no funeral necessary, no memorial service likely. This was a wonderfully creative way to give him that opportunity.

So creepy, but so in character, that Sirius's parents commissioned not a portrait of their son but of who they wished their son had been. It really makes my heart bleed for him all over again.
Evilgrinch chapter 1 . 11/13/2003
Very very good.

A little upset perhaps that my ending wasnt used, but I guess it was slightly controversial...chances of bloodied Sirius staggering in are increasingly unlucky.

Thanks to trailer, now have images permanently seared onto brain of David Thewlis in shabby green suit speaking to redneck/kermit the frog sirius painting.

Speaking of Sirius, the painting is Remusly evil. Definetly not gay. brotherly love without doubt.

-Dc
rad chapter 1 . 11/12/2003
It's not sappy, melodramatic, or full of overdone angst. It's simple. And it's beautiful.
ella chapter 1 . 11/12/2003
good work.

however, i get so depressed when you write all this sad stuff! i wish you would write something /happy/. everything is always all bittersweet and makin' me want to cry and stuff.

but brilliant, all the same.