Reviews for Lies
analise17 chapter 13 . 5/14
wow! thanks so much for sharing the rest of the planned plot (I usually have to make up my own if the story gets to me enough and yours surely did!). Awesome story! Tons of angst! Love Gordon! Seriously, I want to kiss Gordon out of appreciation of being a great human being. Thank you for reaching so deep inside to share this, you have an amazing grasp of conveying emotions which I know comes at its own cost but you *went there* and that's so impressive. Thanks again!
hpsslily chapter 13 . 7/9/2014
Man u r twisted!
Aurora BoreAlice chapter 13 . 1/20/2014
Even unfinished this is an excellent story. Good work, you really put a lot of your heart in this.
anthea tronchard step chapter 13 . 6/28/2013
I think that story at that point it is great although is not what you want - is base on your emotions., is sincere but the short end - i am not disappointed at it - i dont like it. Harry is legendary for his forgiveness and snape for his sarcasm but both were the same childhood and this is what make this two people so similar. Maybe a story can develop in similar way but much more around snape and harry. In your story Harry told snape that he will go at potions only if snape care not because others want. This is one suggestion. So maybe after snape found out what is harry life he can reconsider. I presume is that the reason that headmaster sent snape there. For understanding. And this snape did in final book. On the other hand - harry is not a child - he is strong not weak, he can be wise and responsible so can handle an adult speech with others. And this is maybe another point.
Other - harry hate bully's, he will never use his power is such way.
flaming rose chapter 13 . 6/15/2013
Weeeeird. Anyway, I liked every thing up to the A/N note in chappie 13. Anyway, thank u, peace, love u, and thanks. Happy summer, y'all! Peace!
Ja495ck chapter 8 . 5/25/2013
"The only thing I have ever heard of that is vaguely related is a… a legend… it has become a scary story that is often told to wizarding children. It tells of… beings—Depascori, they are called—that can take a wizard's magical energy and turn it back against them"
If this sounds rude, I'm sorry, I'm not meaning to be, but *I* would think this was awesome, so would you explain your reasoning for Harry thinking this meant he was a monster?
KarisTasogare chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
I dont know why, but I kept expecting harry to go on the attack at any point.
Perhaps tryingto drive Remus off, in retaliation for his forcible transport. Much like a kicked dog will growl and bite, I always wonder why harry isnt more vioilent with hsi enemys.
VeronicaD13 chapter 13 . 12/11/2011
Hi! Okay so I know this isn't a chapter really, but had to comment. I love Severitus as much as the next person, but I'm not sure that having Harry encounter yet another thing to feel bad for is the way to go here. I mean Severus getting tortured and blaming Harry for how his relatives treat him is not cool. The potion part of Harry's conception is cool.

Anway I hope that you un-abandon this fic and continue. It has sooo much potential!
VeronicaD13 chapter 12 . 12/11/2011
Well Harry has some of that off of his chest now. Wonder how long it will take Gordon to go downstairs, call a mandatory meeting with people and take them all to task for everything they have done which has caused all of these flashbacks. I can hear the "how could they know" excuses now. Hmm - well maybe someone (coughDumbledorecough) should have checked on Harry as he was growing up. Then maybe he'd stop locking him in rooms.

As far as the repetition maybe they didn't know it would cause this type of reaction, but then again Harry had no reason to trust any adult at that point, did he? Especially if their name is Dumbledore. I'm so sure Gordon is going to have a FIELD day with them. At least he got them to back off and let Harry actually have some space. Wonder if Gordon or Harry will have a fit because it took GORDON telling everyone to back off before they actually would. There is so much wrong with that, and not only because Harry has already and REPEATEDLY asked to be left alone.

Can't wait for more!
VeronicaD13 chapter 11 . 12/11/2011
Okay what is it with Snape! Did he not have a similar background to Harry in this story? Why is he still questioning everything Harry said as far as its truth? Especially when he voluntarilly told him some things. Not to mention the constant cowering and shying away. And if he did have a similar background, why is Dumbles making him go. For that matter, is his stay at the Dursleys going to bring on flashbacks or make him kill someone? Will it finally get through his thick skull at that point what's really been going on?

Oh I wish Harry would have voiced his question! It's so valid! I'm thinking for his health that Harry should request Hermione be removed from the house. She's stuck in her "these are the rules the adults have" ways and refuses to see the forest for the trees.

Oh these stupid adults. I must say that each of them got what was coming to them with this latest stunt. Trying to punish him while he's doing his punishment? WTF! Are they insane? I do love how Harry is smart enough to make them have their own type of "come to Jesus meeting" and telling them all in no uncertain terms exactly what their misdeeds are. Wonder if the book took the sayings are actually the book picking up on what Harry needs to say to others instead of what he "needs to hear". And what sick fudgeball invented a book that buzzes at you. What's that - a medieval torture device? Is it any surprise that he finally breaks? A-Holes! Gordon's gonna have a field day with this one.

VeronicaD13 chapter 10 . 12/11/2011
Did I mention that I love Ron now? And I'm curious about when Harry left Ron while out on a dangerous mission - is it the current one? If so that's okay.

I wonder if Tonks is really having a hard look at what's happened and how all of this could have been avoided and prevented. And I mean right from the beginning with the kidnapping and everything. I wouldn't call her a "convert" at this point. More like she's seen the error of her (and everyone else's) ways and actions. Wonder if she'll point that out to everyone else. I mean she's an auror and everything that she and everyone else has done is against the law if it was done by (and to) anyone else, right?

What's with the punishment? And why is Gordon letting it happen? I understand the need for consequences if someone is truly running away, but escaping from abduction doesn't actually warrant consequences. Aside from the fact of what Harry has to have experienced as punishment in the past...

Besides, why are these people allowed to punish him anyway? Why is Harry so accepting of anyone who is in headquarters punishing him anyway? Isn't "headquarters" actually Harry's own house? Was there a Kreature test to find out ownership? And if so, can Harry kick everyone out? He really should. Who is his "guardian" now? If it's still the Dursleys then we still have problems with kidnapping. Don't they realize he's missing? Have they reported it?

VeronicaD13 chapter 9 . 12/11/2011
Wonder if Gordon will go and think on what he's learned about Harry and his "destiny". I mean he's gonna have to wonder why Harry is so sure of this. Will he ask him? And find out about the prophecy that Harry just found out about when he destroyed Dumbledore's office? Wonder if he'll question Harry bout his early life. He has to recognize the signs of constant abuse even better than the professors who should have realized it all along. Wonder if he'll ask them why they didn't do anything.

I love Ron! He disappointed me early on with the flat out fear, but redeemed himself with his apology and explanation for his reaction. The girls are still in the doghouse. I don't know if I'll ever be able to forgive them.

VeronicaD13 chapter 8 . 12/11/2011
Oh Gordon what are you allowing to happen here? You did so well with giving the two idiots that were talking what for about their treatment of Harry, and now you allow Dumbledore to keep Harry against his will again and then when he gets what's finally coming to him go and get Snape? There has to be someone else in the house that can revive Dumbledore instead of the person that Harry has already admitted hates him. Wonder what will happen if Harry ever tells Gordon about maybe WHY he doesn't like to be kept prisoner. Like the first 11 years of his life and the cupboard...

I love how Harry told Dumbledore that his half baked apology wasn't actually an indication of any kind of remorse. LOVE IT! Wonder if Dumbledore'll actually take it to heart. Or maybe Gordon will have a post-chat with him about the foolishness of their actions.

VeronicaD13 chapter 7 . 12/11/2011
Can I just tell you that I love Gordon? I would love to have a seat on the wall for the conversation about the irresponsibility of the adults forcing him into bad situations and then getting upset when he is unhappy and refuses to be led about by the nose.

The only thing that concerns me about Gordon is I'm starting to wonder if he's actually Tonk's father. And if so, if that's going to come out and give Harry yet another reason not to trust people if Harry finds out from some other source. Why did he go ahead and give Harry the calming draught anyway? Does he now support the "keep him medicated and docile" approach? Just because he felt unsafe and lashed out is no reason to re-medicate him.

And that whole hide and seek thing - Harry finally gets a chance to be by himself and no one will let him. Why? Same with why his friends can't just respect his decisions. At least McGonagall will let him decide his own future. Why can't his friends do the same? I'd be hard pressed to keep calling them friends after all this really.

VeronicaD13 chapter 6 . 12/11/2011
Oh yeah Pomphrey's on the list. She attacked Harry and wants to get mad when he defends himself? What kind of healer is she?

Harry seems to have ever right to be wary of them and they accuse him of being simply paranoid. Is it any wonder? Especially with how they continue to treat him? And what's with his friends not taking his side? What happened? Did they bother to ask the adults WHY they felt the need to stun him twice? Wonder if they would have made the "responsible" ones see the error of their ways with a little additional insite into their excessive force. And the pathetic "we want to help you but aren't allowed" is hogwash in my eyes. How often have they broken other rules for the right cause?

Does Remus even realize the truth behind Harry's words? And what they are doing isn't helping it's only making it worse. Who had the bright idea of brining in an outsider? And a muggle at that? How do any of them know him? Does he even know what obliviation is and why he should be worried? And if he's there during Snape's little revelation that they have continually been drugging him for his own good, will he say anything about the wrongness of it?