Reviews for Somewhere Out There
TheDarkKunoichi chapter 25 . 11/21/2015
I'm so impressed that you managed to twist the story of Fushigi Yuugi that it sometimes feels like you're the one that created it. You created a whole alternate universe that I am very glad to read about. For once, I didn't mind yaoi stories about TasukixChichiri and NurikoxHotohori. Somehow, you made it feel right. And it's truly interesting that Ryuuen would have to be the one that came from another world while Miaka belonged to a bunch of harem mikos. And Houjun looked and sounded young here, I dunno, but it appeals to me. :")

Btw, Ryuuen kissing Eiken is pure grossness. I'n surprised he didn't vomit ASAP! And Ryuuen's big reveal is BIG! I loved everyone's reactions. Very nice touch. Koutoku sadly didn't get enough screen time. So did Doukun. Kinda disappointed about that bit.

I really liked the fact that you used the seishi's real names the whole time. Somehow, they just feel more real if you used the real names. You can really feel that they're real people and not just magical super warriors. Miaka's also less of a cry-baby here. I like your depiction of her.

Houjun's backstory is really AU, but I guess it fits somehow, and I actually loved your version! If I were him, I'd freaking tear that devil apart with my bare hands...

I loved the part where they all said their goodbyes. I especially like Houjun's part. I just realized that they both did pretend like someone they weren't. They always pretended that they're fine. They both lost loved ones, and they are both still grieving. They're similar that way. My guess is that it's really a canon thing that allows the canon Chichiri to be able to bond with Nuriko in the anime. It's really an interesting idea. I'm so dumb to not have thought of it before!

The only bad thing is the ending is kinda rushed. They all suddenly reincarnated after he just got back and they all met and they lived happily ever after. It's really abrupt, and I think you could have done a bit better. But overall, it's one of the best stories I've ever read about FY! :D

PS: I'm soooo glad the Seiryuu seishi didn't appear here. I'm so worried throughout the whole thing that Ryuuen would die by Ashitare's hands again and he'll wake up and be forced to stay forever in his own world without knowing what is happening in Konan until the final battle. That's my deep fear right there.

I still haven't expressed enough happiness and I'm sorry! It's hard to show things in just a simple review! :( I really loved your story and I hope to hear from you again!

PPS: I'm still imagining how Genrou and Houjun's relationship worked out after Ryuuen left. How did Genrou confess? Is Houjun shocked as heck or is he expecting it? Did he realize that he had the same feelings immediately or not? Aaarrgghh! Too many questions!
violetmusime chapter 25 . 7/12/2015
Bloody hell! That was amazing! I had to stop myself from crying multiple time there. This was so good!
Kagi Neko chapter 25 . 7/1/2013
Too bad you couldn't include the part where Nuriko threatened Hotohori with a sword to get him to show up... *suggestive smile*
nequam-tenshi chapter 17 . 7/17/2012
I typo I noticed as I re-read your story: ""The doctor that Ryuuen found 'cause he chased a freaking cat." Genrou explained casually." Ryuuen should be changed to Kourin.
nequam-tenshi chapter 25 . 9/3/2011
So wonderfully sweet! I love it!
Key and WolfStar-SCA chapter 17 . 3/15/2011

um... Genrou shouldn't know this name or that Nuriko's male at this point... unless I completely missed a section where everyone was told...
Infinite Madness chapter 25 . 4/2/2009
Ohmygod! That was freaking awsome! And such a good ending, I almost cried in chap. 24, seriously. You are awsome!
Infinite Madness chapter 7 . 3/31/2009
This is pretty cool so far, if my dad weren't making me go to bed now I'd so be reading more. Keep up the good work!
Flonnie B chapter 25 . 3/15/2009
I CRIED! THAT WAS EPIC!, AWESOME!, GREAT!, A BRILLIANT FANFICTION EXPERIANCE! I loved every second of it! So well done i can't believe it! It's one of the few fanifictions that held my interest right to the very end! Most fanfics really die out in the middle and the reader loses interest, BUT NOT THIS ONE! IT WAS FABULOUS! Ohmigod *takes deep beath* I really think your clever putting in those twitsts in the storyline, cause it still had the true underlining storyline to it but you added tweeks here and there to make it more interesting (and shorter! *cry*) well done! I commend you!

Love nuriko ALWAYS!

Love - A fan,

Flonnie B.
refuted chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
A strong heart…that never breaks…

It keeps on going…even when it bends, like a willow tree.

Is that what it means to be Nuriko?

-this is absolutely haunting.
shelbyyvonne chapter 25 . 6/25/2007
I HATE YOU!

I mean, I love you.

I guess.

Lol.

First off, I can never express how grateful I am for the following:

1. You actually **finished** a story. All the way through. Do you understand what a rarity that is nowadayz?

2. This story is 99.9% original, and I love it!

3. You didn't have those annoying little spelling mistakes, or incomplete sentences every two words.

4. You just plain rock. You just do!
shelbyyvonne chapter 20 . 6/25/2007
aww...how cute! another little sideline romance...

tasuki is so freaking kick ass. you cant deny his kick ass kick assness. you just cant.
shelbyyvonne chapter 19 . 6/25/2007
“They are.” Kishuku agreed proudly, setting his sister down, who ran off with her sister, and Miaka went after them. He got a little closer to me and leaned down. “I was a little worried…about what you guys would say about this place…it’s not very big…”

“You thought we would make a big deal about your house?” I turned on the blue-haired young man in confusion. “You should have known we wouldn’t care Kishuku. It doesn’t make you any less of a person.”

I find it funny how he keeps giving others the advice that he can't swallow himself ]
shelbyyvonne chapter 16 . 6/25/2007
God, I hope Kourin doesn't accidentally kill himself from OD-ing on perscription sleeping pills...really now...XD
shelbyyvonne chapter 11 . 6/25/2007
Wow! Intense! I'm with rokou on that 100% tho.

But I totally saw that coming ]] What with the whole "putting sleeping pills in his coffee" thing.