Reviews for Kakusei: Awakening
the maiden of the black moon chapter 7 . 1/14/2013
Hey please do more this is good
diamondsforever chapter 6 . 8/13/2008
Beautiful. One of the best fanfictions I've read.
chthonicdirge chapter 7 . 5/22/2007
Please continue this fic! It has so much promise, and you are one of very few who manage to come close to a realistic-Aoshi.
BelleDayNight chapter 7 . 1/7/2007
So I guess this is the end...and the next chapter is Megumi's escape and the anime/manga as we know it, ne? Very poetic story you have here. I've enjoyed it.
BelleDayNight chapter 5 . 1/7/2007
I like the line about they have fallen so far that even the heavens cry.
BelleDayNight chapter 3 . 1/7/2007
I am really digging this insight into Aoshi's mind and his motivations for working for scum like Kanryuu.
BelleDayNight chapter 1 . 1/7/2007
Excellent beginning! I look forward to a more in depth view of both Aoshi and Megumi especially during their time of working under the tyrany of Kanryuu. Poor Aoshi, creepy guy likes him.
asga chapter 7 . 5/10/2006
love it hope to see u update soon :d
ak0 chapter 7 . 4/17/2006
i'm so excited that you updated. not sure what else to say. have to wait for the next part. ah! the torture. kidding (a little).
mirune keishiko chapter 7 . 4/10/2006
whoo. with you, hitomi, every chapter is an adventure. . lovely enigmatic dialogue, and i do like that stuff about ritual suicide! i'd like to see where your research and speculations about Megumi's characterization will take you next. .
Lucifer-the-great-undead chapter 7 . 4/9/2006
well this chapter does feel shorter than all the others. but it feels like it's slowly closing in on the plot now than before. pretty clever with the Old Man of the Sea part. well waiting for ch 8 to explain the last scene.
dumdeedum chapter 7 . 4/7/2006
I'm glad to finally see an update to this story. You write really well. Your re-edits made all the characters' emotions more palpable. One really feels the anguish and pain in both Aoshi and Megumi in every chapter.

I wish there were more Aoshi-Meg fics out there. Hope to see more updates from you soon!
shiko-chan chapter 6 . 2/9/2006
gah! the most horribly belated review evar! :p but at least this time i finally got to sit down and read through the whole thing. and though i can't quite remember what this used to look like, definitely this is, i think, some of your best writing yet. it feels like you're both experimenting and having the time of your life here, and it makes for some fantastic, truly lyrical prose.

the relationship you're depicting between aoshi and megumi is delicious-dark, mystifying even to both of them, with a dynamic all its own-it's like they're being sucked in toward each other despite themselves. and it's not just a happy-sweet romantic dynamic either. the almost-tenderness i sensed in the scene between aoshi and megumi, where she tends to hyottoko and the boy and aoshi thanks her, and she insists that she be called neither "sensei" nor "takani"-and yet the harshness of their encounter in this latest chapter, where it's like they're forever trying to outdo each other, yet they know at the same time that neither will ever really win, that the struggle in itself is pure triviality, that no matter everything else, they're still inexplicably and... unescapably?...drawn together, their fates and their personalities and... sigh! you get the picture.

you're daring to tap into all sorts of awesome possibilities in their history with your usual insight and eloquence, and it just stuns me. .

so after a long long long review (which i hope sort of makes up for the delay ;), i'll close with the good ol' three little words: please update soon!
Lucifer-the-great-undead chapter 6 . 1/21/2006
still in shock that you are back. well i'm glad you are. i almost forgot how wonderful your writing was.

"You are no toy. You would burn the child who touched you." gosh i love that line. well hopefully you won't disappear too long for chapter 7 to be posted.

Lidens
Trupana chapter 6 . 1/21/2006
Aiie! She's back!

This is a beautiful chapter. I've forgotten how wonderfully lyric your writing is. I love the dichotomies in Megumi's actions and in her words-it shows her despair, confusion, and anger very well. I especially love the part where she goes from angry sincerity to barely innocent sweetness so quickly.

Kanryuu seems to have an obsession with tall, pale men with blue eyes, ne?

Well, I'll drink to inspiration, so that you'll get the next chapter out soon. Kampai!

Tru