Reviews for The Gotham Knights of Middle Earth
Jago Li Son Shiranui chapter 42 . 3/18/2006
Oh my god! After all this time I had no idea that the story would turn out like this...I can't wait to see what happens next!
Coral Skipper chapter 42 . 3/17/2006
Another great chapter. The ending was appropriate knowing what they know, just like Cass and Conner in the Teen Titans Annual. Cliche, yeah, but its a cliche that exists for a reason, and its a lot less annoying than the old "I love you, but I can't be with you because you'll ultimatly get hurt" routine. Can't wait for the next chapter, and here's hoping Robin OYL is good.
batfan7 chapter 42 . 3/15/2006
Another great chapter. The whole talk with death thing was a bit weird, and I certainly hope that this wasn't a hint that Cass is going to die at the end of the story. That would be seriously sad. I also liked your version of the throne room scene where they discussed baiting Sauron a lot better than the movie's version. They never made it clear exactly *why* Sauron would come after them. Having Cass compare Tim's worrying to Batman was funny - he really doesn't want to turn into that kind of single-minded obsession. :-) Update soon, please.
Kusco chapter 42 . 3/14/2006
Hmm. Well a good job on this chapter. A quite appropriate "interlude" not too much actually happened. By that I mean nothing earth shattering or shocking. Which after the last few chapters is a good thing. Still it's always enjoyable to see Robin and Batgirl interact so well with these characters. I also always enjoy the Batgirl/Robin pairing. Too bad we probably won't ever see it in the comics. Even if Cass becomes Batwoman I have a hard time seeing it happen. Oh well. And I agree with you whole heartedly about Bruce being the only Batman. Tim is just my favorite pick for the "what if" scenario. Great stuff.
XinnLajgin chapter 42 . 3/13/2006
Young love there's nothing like it. But happiness always come at a price. My concern is that Batgirl's and Robin's happiness will come at a price that is too high for anyone to pay.
sunago chapter 41 . 3/10/2006
Yay batgirl is back. *does happy dance* wait a minute. Cloaked death dude said that he/she would give Cass as much time as was needed? Does that mean he/she will take her away when this is over? No! *gives puppy-dog eyes* Don't kill batgirl...or Robin...or Frodo...or the twins. Definatly not the twins. The rest can die but don't hurt the twins.
Gundum M chapter 41 . 3/9/2006
i still like it. but batbgirl had better live throush this fic with tim.
Coral Skipper chapter 41 . 3/7/2006
Another good chapter. The scene with Death disturbed the fanboy in me because when dealing with DC characters I'm used to seeing Death of the Endless as the portrayel. Aside from that it was excellent. I also don't like the situation because it has passing resemblence to godawful last issue of Batgirl. Thankfully it was only passing.
Kusco chapter 41 . 3/6/2006
Well I must say you've got the gears in my brain turning double time. There was some remarkably cryptic language between Death and Batgirl. Actually its Death in general that has me intrigued. He never actually said anything about "death" or "heaven" and "hell" or even "afterlife" or anything that directly references being dead. Instead he tells Batgirl he's to take her to where she belongs. And when he talks about him he doesn't say Tim will die he says "Tim's time on Middle Earth will soon be over."

Could "dying" be the way off of Middle Earth for Batgirl and Robin?

Probably a crack pot idea. I also thought that Death gave off a remarkably "Batmanish" vibe. But that's probably just the way you described him and me reading into things.

Well beyond the little mysteries that exist in the story. I have to say that this was fun chapter. I always do enjoy seeing Tim get a Batman vibe himself. I alwasy thought that of all the Robin's he'd make the best Batman.

Once again great chapter and I hope to see more soon!
XinnLajgin chapter 41 . 3/6/2006
O.k Batgirl makes a deal with death. I get that and all but are they really gonna die soon? I mean really if you live for an eternity what is the definition of soon. I mean theres no such thing as a completely happy ending but don't those two deserve the next best thing?
RLeigh chapter 41 . 3/6/2006
Ach! Never scare me like that again! Great chapter. Glad to see that Cassie's off the chopping block...for now.

And your correct, Willingham is doing a horrible job on Robin. If you can supply the hardback copy of 'Fables', I know some people who know some people that can kidnap ol' Bill. He's going to be on Fanboy Radio next week, btw. So tempted to call in with a death threat...

Can't wait for the next chapter :)

Rachael
trecebo chapter 41 . 3/6/2006
Silly ffnet...

I was trying so hard to get to this and read and now, I have. Loved the Bill and Ted shout out. B&T rule, of course.

I just wonder how this little bargain will play out in the future. I was a bit confused, because it occured to me that 'Death' was trying to remove her from ME to Gotham, where she belonged and I didn't think she made that connection. So, thus, my conundrum. She deals to hang out in ME for longer but something fishy this way comes...

Also, the word sequel is a great balm to any anticipated character deaths. Hobbits in Gotham...that'd be...well, weird but if anyone could do it, you could. Not that you are. Just a random plot bunny on my part.
Theo O'Malley chapter 41 . 3/5/2006
Okay, so Cassie isn't dead...for now. You're hovering between 150 and 200 percent. But this freaking story STILL has me so far on the edge of my seat that I'm about to fall off. What's up with the Grim Reaper?

UPDATE SOON!

Excelsior

Theo Gary

(falls off seat)

Ow...
Diviner chapter 40 . 2/22/2006
Excellent story. I can't wait to see how it ends.
Theo O'Malley chapter 40 . 2/20/2006
AH!

TRY 200 PERCENT EVIL!

I swear of you killed Cassie...well...I'd say I'm going to kill you but then I'd never find out what happend next...BUT I'M GOING TO SEND THE STINKIENT ORCS IN MORDOR TO YOUR HOME!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! You MUST update soon!

Excelsior,