Reviews for The Gotham Knights of Middle Earth
HaywireEagle chapter 47 . 5/1/2013
Well, it was wonderfully done and a fantastic read.

Favorite Robin and 2nd favorite Batgirl. (I like feisty redheads. Sue me.)

Of course there were some errors, a double negative. The proper tense was wrong in some areas. Most of it was minor to be honest. A few times you used the homonym of the right word. (Like Pier and Pyre.) or there were simple grammatical mistakes. (like forgetting to put the s on the end of a few words.)

Definitely a good read.

The tease about Harm is mean.
HaywireEagle chapter 20 . 4/30/2013
Haha, Straight Ninja. It's about time someone pulled a Batman on someone.

Nice recovery with Gandalf.
HaywireEagle chapter 19 . 4/30/2013
Tim is my favorite Robin. I would have been very upset with you if you had killed him, but deep down, I knew you were going to pull something similar to when Aragorn goes over the cliff. This was probably just more painful.

Cassie is either going to beat him within an inch of his life, or kiss him to death.. or both..
HaywireEagle chapter 5 . 4/30/2013
Alright. Right at the end. That was epic.
Nightwing chapter 47 . 4/18/2013
Just wanted to say thanks for a great read! I may be a batman fan and by extension Nightwing fan but i'm not very currnet with all the comics. That saying this was a awesome story that really enjoyed. its one of my top favorites.

One thing that might make this story better is if you went back with a red pen to find some of the spelling errors. that's really my only gripe.

Kinda wish that you had Aragorn marry Tim and Cass though. Woulda been very cool if you did. maybe in the sequal?

anyway great story, i'll be checking in to see when you start on the sequal.
A reader of heroic proportions
Nightwing XD
Shadowapple42 chapter 47 . 1/12/2013
Just a quick review saying that I found this story brilliant. I loved how you managed to blend Robin and Batgirl in the story without either destabilising the original material or making the characters irrelevant to the story. It was also nice reading some good fiction with Cassandra Cain in it, as she was given a pretty raw deal in the comics.
1Superman4Me chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
a batman and lord of the rings crossover? That is WIN on SO MANY levels.
osto chapter 5 . 12/3/2012
"All around Elves were singing, dancing and carrying on with joy that only immortals could have."

The elves, in both the books and the movies, are more melancholy than joyful. They are completely aware of the threat Sauron poses to Middle-earth, and they know just how slim the chance of victory is. They also know that for Sauron to be defeated, the Ring must be destroyed, and since it binds all other rings of power, its destruction will end the power of the three elven rings, and force the elves to either depart for the Western Lands, or face the slow deterioration of everything they have accomplished. They know that their time in Middle-earth is ending, and this knowledge dampens their joy.
Suji94 chapter 47 . 11/2/2012
DAMN! I love your writing! It's so creative! Great work! _
Suji94 chapter 40 . 11/2/2012
"...it looks like my friends have a habit of grabbing you by your pussy."
That is hilarious! I almost dropped my laptop because that was so funny! Great work!
Nemrut chapter 47 . 2/7/2012
Overall, I really liked this story. Especially your portrayal of the LotR characters was really well handled. Tim, too, was well written for the most parts.

Cassandra, I felt, warmed up to the others too fast. It should have taken a bit longer, in my opinion, to come out of her shell here and the singing and pop culture references she made didn't really fit in but overall, decent too.

Grammar had a few mistakes here and there but nothing that truly disrupted the reading flow, although a few mistakes were rather obvious.

However, my biggest gripe with this crossover was, that it was just so unambitious.

With that, I mean that Robin's and Cassandra's appearance really didn't amount to much, all things considered. The biggest impact they had was on Eowyn, kind of, and Robin saving that one women and her children.

And that, I find uninspired and forced. One would have thought that the added element of arguably the best detective and the best martial artist of the D.C. world would have some influence on the story. Maybe they could have saved Gandalf, with Robin jumping after him and then climbing back up, parting the story in such a way that there was no Gandalf the White.

I can understand the need for the separation of Frodo's team and Aragorn's team, but Boromir still died and Merry and Pippin still got taken away. The bats presence didn't do anything either. Here, at the very least, I felt that you could have parted from the original book plot. Boromir was saved and that could have both, positive and negative effects on the Gondor situation, for example. Or someone else dies instead. I refuse to believe that their presence did nothing to alter the outcome.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the interactions between the characters, but I am just disappointed that Robin and Cassandra just didn't matter at all. It made things slightly easier for the fellowship, I guess, in that they killed more orcs but overall, nothing significant was influenced by them.

As I said, though, I enjoyed the story. I just wish the two newcomers had a bigger impact on the world.
Topsy Turvy Jo chapter 13 . 5/16/2011
Loved Sam beating the orcs with frying pans and when batgirl took out the m&ms, I had a sudden craving. Generally, wonderful job with the interactions between the two worlds can't wait to read more.
Perseus chapter 47 . 5/8/2011
Nice, can you ride a eragon/batman crossover liek that?

that would be really cool, just an idea
jason chapter 47 . 1/9/2011
Just finished reading your story and i got to say it was badass. i like how you drop tim and cass into the lord of the ring story and how you just change certian parts of the story but still making it your own. well i just wanted to say i very impressed with the story
SwordMasterZ chapter 47 . 9/24/2010