Reviews for The Gotham Knights of Middle Earth
Fusion Blaster chapter 9 . 12/17/2003
And we're here...
the Fellowship version 2.0
So far so good although my only complaint so far is Robin is abit more of a vulgar mouth than i expect him to act but i can understand his sentament with Boromir...some one had to say it.
rock on and keep'em coming.
Coral Skipper chapter 7 . 12/13/2003
Another excellent chapter. The next one should prove to be interesting.
Fusion Blaster chapter 7 . 12/13/2003
OH thats priceless...
Robin got glomped by Batgirl...
I really liked this chapter and some of the little details here and there.
Keep it up this had definatly been fun to read so far.
Leigh Sims chapter 6 . 12/11/2003
Oh. I just keep wanting to read more. Excellent writting. Its seems like a weird Idea at first to have a lotr/Batman cross over but it is VERY much a brilliant one. PLEASE update soon...Pwease.
phoenix83ad chapter 6 . 12/7/2003
Again, I thank you all for your reviews! I'm glad that you guys are enjoying my story (more or less...).
Look Allyse, obviously you’re a big fan of LOTR as am I myself, but you’ve got to understand that Batman and his crew aren’t lightweights. Saying "it's Batman" is not a 'cop-out.' It's a fact. Batman knows how to take out Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and other people who are frankly 100 times more powerful than Aragorn, the Elves or many other beings in Middle-Earth could ever dream to be. Batman and his people have trained obssesively to be the best that humanity has to offer.
Everyone in the DC universe fears the Bat-Clan because they are the people are the most dangerous. They are mere mortals who have battled against Gods, Demons, and metahumans who make the creatures of middle-earth look like scared little puppies. The elves have trained and lived for centuries, yes I know. But Batman and crew has defeated creatures who have lived ions longer than the elves (Darksied, Klarion, Phallax, the Greek Gods, Etrigan, Ra's Al Ghul, etc..).
I'm not trying to make the Bat-Clan to be better than the Middle-Earth crew, but I am NOT going to down play their obviously extrodinary skills.
I'm sorry if you disagree, but there is no way that Aragorn can stand up to Batgirl in means of fighting skills. She has been trained in 127 different forms of combat since the day she was born. She killed a man when she was 7 years old and then kicked the butts of a dozen heavily armed full grown men as a warm down. All she knew until roughly a year ago was fighting.
And while Batgirl skills WERE weakened when she got speech, she has since then rebuilt them through her training with Batman AND Lady Shiva. If anything she is better than she was before.
The Ring Wraiths may be magically based in power they are still physical creatures (more or less). I mean Aragorn may have used a sword and torch, but he still fought them physically. Think about how the Wraith King is defeated at the end of Return of the King. And Batgirl has fought against magical beings in the past so saying say that her fight with the Wraiths was "unrealisitc" is a rather extreme.
As for Aragorn's teatment of women, I'm afriad that you are still thinking in a 20th century mentalitly towards Women.
While he does respect a woman's skills, he still feels a need to protect them. He denies Eowyn's assistance at Helm's Deep and in the final battle because he feels a need to protect her, solely because she is a woman. At Helm's Deep all the women are denied to help. Mankind in Middle-Earth is still a male dominated society, and thus women no matter how skilled they are, will always be underestimated by men. I'm sorry to say it, but sexism still exists in Middle-Earth.
And when Cassie said "I'm not your lady," to Aragorn it wasn't because she took offense to it. She was joking! :~) She doesn't take gallantry as offensive shots. She knows the difference. She just doesn't like to be coddled. She feels that she has a right to be treated just like everyone else. She earned her skills and feels that she shouldn't have to play them down for others.
And you are right, Glorfindel isn't Elrond's son. I mis-read a passage in LOTR that confused me on the subject.
As for why Cassie is going to Rivendell, where else is she going to go? The hobbits are the only friends she has made so far, so she might as well go with them.
And finally Robin and Batgirl's parts in the war of the ring... well don't assume you know anything about what I have planned. ;~)
Again thanks for the reviews guys. And Allyse, I understand you don't want me to damage to the LOTR story, but you've gotta relax. I'm doing my best to stay true to the LOTR characters as I am to the Bat-teens, but I am not going to down play Batgirl and Robin.
Thanks again guys.
Alan AKA phoenix83ad
JadedHarmony chapter 6 . 12/7/2003
love the story! Update son...
Allyse chapter 6 . 12/7/2003
I hate to keep carping on the same thing, really I do. But as I said in my very first post, you are doing your fic a disservice when you skew things so much in the direction of one of the universes.
Let's start with the explanation you gave me in your courteous reply to my last review, when you explain, "It's Batman!" for Cassie's and Tim's superior skills. Okay, so you're a fan of the uberBat. I'm not, but that's besides the point. :) What *is* the point is that if "It's Batman!" is a sufficent explanation, than you must equally accept "They're elves!" or "It's Aragorn!" It's not enough to assert, "Of course Cass/Tim are at home in rural areas, because Batman would have trained them!" and, at the same time, claim, "Well, Aragorn can't possibly be as good as Cass/the elves can't be as good as Tim, because they weren't trained by Batman." No, indeed; they were trained by elves who suffered much greater tragedies than Batman, over centuries of time, and fought much greater monsters and "metas." "Because it's Batman!" isn't an answer, really. It's just an excuse, and, to be honest, a bit of a copout.
On a smaller note, I'd like to point out that if you want the practically Super-Cass, you shouldn't have given her speech. She lost a great deal of her uncanny abilities when she learned how to talk.
I also wish to address the misogyny you attribute to Aragorn, which you use to explain why he underestimated Cass and, in this last chapter, tried to "protect" her. Accept my apologies in advance, but you've really hit one of my hot buttons here. :)
Where, WHERE does this silly idea come from? Why do so many fic writers of the movieverse think that Aragorn (or Gimli, or Boromir) hate/despise women? Why does Cass think bitterly about what she's been through, and if Aragorn only knew, he wouldn't take her for granted? Why *would* he, for Eru's sake? There is absolutely no basis for it in the movies, and even less in the books. Is it because of the supposed "medieval" setting? LotR actually takes place many thousands of years before the Middle Ages, but the weaponry might lead some to make that assumption. Is it because there are so few women in the book? I will readily concede this, but the small number of women is more than offset by the sheer *power* of every woman that does appear. Aragorn's (and Arwen's) ultimate grandmother Luthien not only took down Sauron practically single-handedly, but took down Sauron's MASTER single-handedly. Galadriel? Older than the sun (though she doesn't look it ), and the most powerful elf east of the Sea. Arwen? Movieverse Arwen is hardly looked down upon, and bookverse Arwen is cherished, NOT coddled.
You mentioned Eowyn, and the way Aragorn "treats" her. How is this, exactly? The movie version treats her with all courtesy and does not denigrate her abilities. The book version does even more. Eowyn is called a "shieldmaiden" because the Rohirrim do, indeed, train their women in war. Are you referring to his refusal to let her take the Paths of the Dead with him in RotK? Consider this: Eowyn essentially abandoned her post as leader of her people to go fight against the W-K, an action that, in time of war, can be well considered treasonous. Granted, she won. :) But the "traitor or heroine?" question is still spiritedly debated among Tolkien fans.
Granted, Aragorn is invariably courteous, both to men and women. (His impatience with the hobbits is unusual, and he apologizes later; he thinks, and probably rightly, that they don't take their dilemma seriously enough.) But to bring a DC comparison, would you consider Clark Kent to be contemptuous of women just because he holds doors open for them? Would you consider *Alfred* to be disparaging Cassie's abilities, just because he insists on calling her "Miss Cassandra"? Equating gallantry with contempt is not only false, but also unfair. There is no reason in the world for Aragorn to expect less of a woman, except, of course, for the naturally lesser strength that comes with the lesser musculature of a woman's body. Cassie might be capable of more than Aragorn expects because of her training, but *not* because of her gender.
The only woman in LotR who fits the "quiet little woman" stereotype is Rosie, who is the archetype "childhood sweetheart" and, indeed, inspiration, for Sam. I don't understand how a reader can get from *that* to the idea that "Aragorn thinks women can't do anything."
If you want to suggest that Aragorn underestimates Cassie because of her *age*... Now, there's an argument that can be made for many humans on M-e, and certainly the hobbits. Pippin is 29 and is still considered a "tweenager" and not adult. Cassie, at 16, is barely out of diapers as far as they're concerned. Unfortunately, Aragorn, as one of the Dunedain, is well used to men, as well as women, getting early training, so the argument won't heold there, either. (Consider that the children in the Riddermark are also armed, and that Eomer is only 26 when he is crowned King of the Rohirrim, and you'll realize that the Riders are equally progressive in that respect.) Other than that, I would point out that you don't even let Aragorn *see* Cassie before she pins him, so that argument wouldn't hold even if it had merit. It *does*, however, bring up another question: Why is Cassie going along with them to Rivendell?
I confess that I hadn't realized, when I first started reading your fic, that this was going to be a "join the Fellowship" fic. In a nutshell: Why? *Why* are the hobbits and Strider letting this human kid traipse along with them into danger? I suppose this means that Tim will be accompanying Legolas, too. What a pity. You have wonderful potential to explore the other exciting aspects of the Great War, things that have nothing to do with the Fellowship and allow you lots of room to explore without getting in the way of canon. Why not have Cassie get into a (much more realistic) fight with, say, Bill Ferny and a group of Southerners who try to waylay Frodo and Co. as they leave Bree? I would love to see her leaving them groaning, feeling satisfied that Frodo and Strider got away safely. Why not have Cassie join up with the Rangers who try to fight off Saruman's invading forces in the North? And Tim - why should he leave Mirkwood? How exciting to join Thranduil in beating off the Nazgul of Dol Goldur, and wouldn't it be marvelous if he was there when Thranduil and Celeborn meet under the eaves of Mirkwood in victory? If you insist on having them join the Fellowship - a premise with huge plot holes that has been done umpteen times before - you'll have at least one very disappointed reader. M-e is *packed* with facinating story lines and events; just take a quick look at Appendix B of RotK, which gives a detailed timeline of everything happening everywhere else in M-e while the chronicled events of the Fellowship take place. Please don't suggest that Cass and Tim will give the Fellowship badly needed firepower; not only is that highly insulting to the members of the Fellowship, but it misses the point entirely. Elrond could have easily chosen uber-elves like Glorfindel if they needed sheer power. The whole point was to keep things secret, but with enough people to get them through any messes along the way.
Since I mentioned it in the previous paragraph, I will expand here on the, sorry, ridiculousness of Cass taking on the Black Riders. This is MAGIC. More powerful, more elemental magic than anything Klarion could help to wield. The Ringwraiths can't be attacked by physical strength, since they're not actually part of the physical realm. Cassie's kick should have essentially passed through nothing and left her sprawled ignobly on the ground. Aragorn didn't make any real physical contact with the R-Ws; he fought them with the sword (the swords, at least, are real) and with fire, which they feared. It did not actually damage them, per se. I suppose you could contend that Cassie's experience with the Scarecrow should leave her immune to the R-W's attacks, but the former is fear caused by chemicals, and the latter is a magical, primal fear that is almost impossible to contest.
I don't want you to think I didn't like the chapter at all. I did. I enjoyed watching Cass slowly warm up to Strider, and seeing how an outsider could so easily misinterpret Aragorn's brooding silences for hostility. I thought your personality comparisons of Aragorn/Bruce and Frodo/Tim to be interesting, even if I don't nec'ly agree with them. :) And thank you, THANK YOU for giving Aragorn his grey eyes! I've had a crush on the guy since I was ten and I'm glad to see you restore his good looks, no insult to Viggo intended. :) I don't read enough of Batgirl to know she has the same aversion to knives that Batman has, but it surely makes sense for her to prefer her trusty utility belt. Despite my dislike of her fight with the R-Ws, it was fun to watch her using Bat-stuff; too bad there was no time for Aragorn to question her about those whizzes and bangs! Gandalf would be interested, no doubt. :) And the thermal cape (too bad Dick didn't have one of those, back in the day; it would've helped with the bare legs! ) was a nice touch too. :) It was good to see Cass recognize that first-aid and healing are as essential a part to her never-ending battle as the martial arts stuff, and nice references to Alfred and Leslie. Most of all, I liked those final few paras, when you gave us an idea of what must have been like to have the hobbits and Cass follow behind, wondering what happened after Frodo disappeared. (Okay, I *do* prefer the scene in the book, but this was great extrapolation from the movie.) I especially liked that "smallest of true smiles" line - very Striderish.
I've already mentioned my intense dislike for Cassie's assumption that a courteous "milady" is the same as "you can't do anything," although I will also point out here that Cass should have understood that she'd do more to help the hobbits if she'd actually stayed with them.
One final thing, in reference to your comment on my last review: if you take a quick look at Appendix B in RotK, you will see that Elrond married Celebrian in the year 100 of the Third Age. Elladan and Elrohir were born thirty-nine years later; Arwen was born 102 years after that. In contrast, Glorfindel had been around in the time of the Two Trees, which means, like Galadriel, that he is *literally* older than the sun. :) His great power against the R-Ws is a direct result of that ancient voyage to the West and his stay in Valinor. Elrond, in comparison, is only half-elven, and was born long after the sun's creation at the end of the First Age. So, sorry; I'd love to see what citation you're using, but there is NO WAY that Glorfindel is Elrond's son. :)
Sorry for being so long-winded again! :) If you don't think it's rude of me to offer, and you would be interested in a general beta for your story, as well as someone to check up on your M-e facts, I'd enjoy that. I think you've got a great premise here and I look forward to seeing where you're going - as long as you don't allow Tim and Cass to knock out Frodo and Sam and take off for Mordor themselves. ;)
RobinofYJ chapter 6 . 12/6/2003
Just found your story.
I'm enjoying how you are able to fit in BG and Robin into LOTR without any major alterations. Looking foward to your next update.
Coral Skipper chapter 6 . 12/5/2003
Your still doing good. I cannot wait for the next chapter.
Fusion Blaster chapter 6 . 12/3/2003
Well a damn interesting chapter indeed.
I liked how Cassandra helped in handlin the Nazgul. I guess chapter after next we'll get to see Batgirl and Robin back together?
phoenix83ad chapter 5 . 12/1/2003
Thanks for another set of great reviews! Again, Allyse brought up some intersting points, but ones that can easily be explained and justified.
First off, if you read the LOTR again Frodo makes reference to the One Ring still being “Bilbo’s Ring” even after he finds out the truth about it. It isn’t until later in FOTR that he truly acknowledges it’s true owner.
Cassie doesn’t need to see their a man's eyes to read their body language. Just by the way Aragon was sitting, his posture and the way he held his pipe in his hands told her all she needed to know.
And Cassie is fast. I’m talking Elf fast, here. Aragorn might be an excellent fighter with more time clocked in, but he doesn't have Cassandra's history and training. She was born and raised to be the ultimate human weapon. When she was three years old her father (David Cain) was shooting her with armor piercing bullets. She had to be faster than everyone else in order to live.
Also, Aragorn lives in a male-dominated society meaning when he first saw Cassie he didn't worry much about her. I don't think that Aragon would see her as much of a threat, solely because she's female. I mean look at how he treats Ewoyn.
I’m sorry to say it but Cassie has more fighting skills than Aragon will ever dream to posses. He might have had more years to train, but Cass has been trained more intensly than he could ever imagine.
And I understand that the Elves and Aragorn have had more years to train and have many extraordinary qualities.
I totally understand that.
But their years of training the Elves and Aragon have had could fit into a teaspoon in comparision to Batman & Cain's training programs. They train them in martial arts from hundreds of different countries over thousands upon thousands of years. I mean, Batman has them train to fight against Superman and Wonder Woman if the need ever arose.
And Tim has not only done well as Robin he is considered the best one there has ever been. Even Nightwing has said so on more that one occasion in their comics. Tim Drake has done more things than Dick or Jason had ever done when they were his age. Tim has fought alone against Joker, Lady Shiva, Metallo, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy and many more. Tim has led Young Justice to hell and back. He fought against the hordes of Apocalypse and once he was pitted against Darksied and survived (Total Justice mini-series). He isn’t the world’s greatest fighter, but Robin is still a very skilled young man. Because of his age and size he is easily underestimated. Most people never see him as a threat until its too late and they find themselves in prision.
Most of these things Dick hadn’t done until he was 19 years old and working alongside the second team of Teen Titans. And as for Jason Todd… Well he could never hope to stand up to Tim Drake’s track record. (Possibly because he got himself killed before he could have the chance.)
And Cass although is only 17 years old spent her entire life in isolation learning only to fight. That is all she has ever known. Her mind is wired to analyze any opponent and know exactly how to fight against them.
Environment doesn’t count for anything when one is a member of the Bat-Clan. You said it yourself “Batman is the most ruthless taskmaster in DCU.” He trains them in both rural and urban settings. Batman trains them for anything and everything, because he demands perfection. He refuses to have another loss like Jason Todd. So you know that Batman has more than once taken his pupils out into rural areas to train. I mean the guy has them learn to fight with furniture for goodness sakes!
As for why Robin is so tight lipped about his secret ID, well that can be easily explained. Despite everything Robin is more like Batman than he would like to admit. It doesn’t matter whom Robin is with or where he is at, to him the secret must always be kept. If you read his comic or Young Justice or Teen Titans, Robin is always the mysterious wildcard. The one who is always hiding something.
He kept his identity a secret from his closest friend back in Young Justice, from Spoiler even when they were dating and he even kept it from Oracle for a long while just for the heck of it. If anyone can keep a secret it is Robin. And while the Elves know that "Robin" isn't his real name, I think they would respect his wishes as much as possible.
As I always understood it, Westron (also called “the Common Tongue”) was equivalent to the English language. Maybe not completely, but it is enough to justify Tim and Cassie talking it. But if you feel this isn’t enough, lets just say it was an odd side-effect from the magical portal that no one expected.
According to my copy of LOTR Glorfindel is Elrond’s first-born child. And Glorfindel is the elf that had originally saved Frodo by taking him to Rivendell after that Nazgul stabbed him. And since this is the movie-vers I’ll be having that roll filled by Arwen, I felt a need to keep Glorfindel in the story. So since Elrond is calling a counsel it makes sense that he send a messenger.
So I think that covers everything. But if your still unsure about somethings just let me know.
Thanks again and keep the reviews coming! ~)
Alan AKA phoenix83ad
Allyse chapter 5 . 12/1/2003
LOL at Tim drunk. What took so long? That's all the elves have to drink, other than water, after all. :)
I don't know why it took me so many chapters to figure out you were writing movieverse LotR rather than bookverse LotR, but the quotes in the chapter with Cass in Bree kind of gave it away. :) Cass suggesting car trouble for Gandalf had me ROTFL, as did Tim's constant stumbling over modern idioms. I liked the reference to Ives, although I'm unsure whether or not this story takes place before Tim got kicked out of Brentwood. LOL at the "Yeah, and I'm Lex Luthor" line, too. As for why anyone would want to name a town after stinky cheese... :) Good catch, too, that Cassie's Asian features would seem out of place in Bree. I would imagine the Haradrim might be Asian, or some other country where Aragorn has explored "where the stars are strange," but Breelanders, despite living at a major crossroads, are used only to dwarves, hobbits, rangers, locals, and the occasional Southerner. ;) And I really enjoyed the references, on both Tim's and Cassie's part, to any feelings they refuse to acknowledge. An awful lot of comic fans seem to pick up those vibes. :)
Merry with an Aussie accent is... weird. I do like that you made the hobbits, other than Frodo, rather rustic; that fits them well. I don't know if Frodo would refer to the Ring as "his uncle's" rather than "the Enemy's"; that seemed a bit off to me.
While I quite liked that Cass could read Aragorn's body language (I know she's good at that, but can she really read someone's EYES from across a dark, smoky room? Aragorn wasn't moving otherwise), you will probably guess that I had BIG TIME TROUBLE with the way Cassie took Aragorn. No no no no no no no. :)
Let's put it this way: You've made a point that Cass and Tim have both dealt with any number of meta-humans in their brief careers, and that Tim has been trained by Batman, one of the most ruthless taskmasters in the DCU. Cass, too, possesses her unique ability, albeit blunted after her new knowledge of speech, that she learned from Cain. Fair enough. But Aragorn grew up with ELVES. Who are, themselves, more or less meta-humans. And he spent SEVENTY YEARS "in the Wild," far away from any kind of assistance, and usually alone. And survived sparring with elves, dealing with orcs, fighting monsters, and whatever else he met during those seven decades. I suppose this is where my suspension of belief snaps a bit. :) Because while I like Tim quite a lot (I don't know Cassie well enough) and think he's done marvelously well for himself in his 3-4 years as Robin, even training under Batman can't compensate for the many, many years of training, and practice, that the elves/Aragorn have. They're also in a foreign environment; they're used to an urban setting, not a country one. Don't forget, too, that Aragorn is a bit of a meta himself; his however-many-times great-grandmother was a minor deity, and he's got elvish blood in there too. And there's also the Numenorean heritage... The guy does live to be 210, after all. :)
It's true that the movieverse characters are rather watered-down version of their book counterparts. Still, I would have much preferred a scene where Aragorn hears Cassie coming and the two of them spar for a bit and find themselves almost equally matched and at a standoff. Some wary respect between the two before Frodo vouches for Strider would have shown a bit more equilibrium for M-e. Of course, the story is yours, not mine, so you have no obligation to change things on my say-so. :) I can only write how I feel about it.
I'm a little confused as to why Robin is so stubborn re the secret identity thing. Unless he thinks Klarion is somehow watching, why should he care? It's not as if he has to worry about Legolas blabbing to the Joker or anything. :) I'm also still waiting for an explanation as to how Cass and Tim can speak Westron. I suppose Klarion could have added a language translation spell to the portal, but would he want to make life easier for Batgirl and Robin? :)
Now that I understand this is movieverse rather than bookverse, I can overlook little details like Legolas being in Mirkwood at a time long after he should have departed to Rivendell, at Thranduil's behest, to report on Gollum's escape. I don't even mind the idea of Elrond sending a messenger to tell Thranduil about the current crisis. But Glorfindel as Elrond's son...! Dear Eru. :) Glorfindel died helping Elrond's elvish grandparents escape from Gondolin, long before Elrond was born. (Ha. You thought "came back to life" was only in the DCU? ) Elrond's twin sons are Elladan and Elrohir, who spend most of their time in the Wild chasing down orcs to avenge the torture their mother suffered at the hands of an orc band centuries ago... Hm, come to think of it, they'd get along with Tim, and by extension, Bruce, famously. :)
I'm surprised Tim was resentful of being asked to leave a private audience. Surely he doesn't think he's entitled to know everything going on in Thranduil's kingdom? Yes, he would want to know if Batgirl was involved somehow, but how could he be mad enough to use the "Voice" just because they don't want him around while they discuss affairs of state?
Whew, this turned out to ridiculously long-winded! :) Sorry about that. I will conclude by saying that I really do like the story, and I want to see more of Tim and Cassie floudering in a very foreign world. I would also like to suggest you get hold of a beta reader to catch typos or tense slippage. It'll make a good story even better. :)
Coral Skipper chapter 5 . 11/30/2003
These last chapters are still good. Amazingly you've done a good job of integrating Robin and Batgirl into Middle Earth.
sophia chapter 3 . 11/26/2003
Great chapter. I think Robin and Cassie would be able to hold of the elves easily as long as they are not expecting what Robin did. I mean they come from a world of meta-humans which make some of the elves strengths are minimal compared to they're villians, and these two fight meta-villians almost constantly. You meshed everything quite well. :)
phoenix83ad chapter 3 . 11/26/2003
Oh YAY! Now that was a story review! Many Thanks Allyse(). And you do bring up many good and valid points, several which I might go back into the story and adjust since I feel the same way.

And I semi-agree with you on this, Allyse. Yet I do feel that Tim could easily go toe to toe with Boromir and possible (I repeat "possibly") Aragon on equal grounds, considering he has done so against Deathstroke, Lady Shiva and King Snake who are three of the worlds greatest fighters in DC. We can't also foget that Tim had been trained by Batman who is like the drill sargent from hell! Also as Robin, Tim has battled against metahuman in which make the elves look like rag dolls.

And yet, despite all these valid points I agree with you assessement 100%. I want to give both worlds equal standing, and not make one suprior to the other. And despite his fight skills, Robin is no where the fighter many of the other people around him are. But he is a great detective and stratigist which I hope will play into the story later on.

So with that said, when I post the next chapter be sure to revisit the previous one, because I'll be making some changes showing that Robin isn't the superior fighter.

True the elves do know a thing or two about technology, but that stuff is nothing compared to the things from Robin's world. And don't worry, the subject of Tim and Cass's utility belt supplies will come up later in the story. I now that Batarangs arent in big supply in Middle-Earth.

And I like Rivendeell but Mirkwood always get the short end of the stick if you ask me. I wanted to do some more with the elves we don't see much in LOTR. And Although Thranduil is shown to be a bit of a bully in "The Hobbit," that was only because of his mistust of the dwarves. I've always thought he must be a very wise and kind elf normally. Glad you enjoy.

Oh... Drunk Timmy... Grins evilily Well... that would be a sight to see now wouldn't it! :D

Sorry if the swear words offend anyone gang, but despite everything Tim Drake is 16 year old boy. And I have yet to meet a kid who doesn't swear once in a while. But this IS Tim Drake and he is normally a very polite young man. He will only swear when the situation calls for it (not like one of those movies where they swear after everyother word.). Hope that's cool with you guys.

Thanks again for the reviews gang! Keep them coming!

Alan AKA Phoenix83ad