Reviews for The Gotham Knights of Middle Earth
Nemrut chapter 47 . 2/7/2012
Overall, I really liked this story. Especially your portrayal of the LotR characters was really well handled. Tim, too, was well written for the most parts.

Cassandra, I felt, warmed up to the others too fast. It should have taken a bit longer, in my opinion, to come out of her shell here and the singing and pop culture references she made didn't really fit in but overall, decent too.

Grammar had a few mistakes here and there but nothing that truly disrupted the reading flow, although a few mistakes were rather obvious.

However, my biggest gripe with this crossover was, that it was just so unambitious.

With that, I mean that Robin's and Cassandra's appearance really didn't amount to much, all things considered. The biggest impact they had was on Eowyn, kind of, and Robin saving that one women and her children.

And that, I find uninspired and forced. One would have thought that the added element of arguably the best detective and the best martial artist of the D.C. world would have some influence on the story. Maybe they could have saved Gandalf, with Robin jumping after him and then climbing back up, parting the story in such a way that there was no Gandalf the White.

I can understand the need for the separation of Frodo's team and Aragorn's team, but Boromir still died and Merry and Pippin still got taken away. The bats presence didn't do anything either. Here, at the very least, I felt that you could have parted from the original book plot. Boromir was saved and that could have both, positive and negative effects on the Gondor situation, for example. Or someone else dies instead. I refuse to believe that their presence did nothing to alter the outcome.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the interactions between the characters, but I am just disappointed that Robin and Cassandra just didn't matter at all. It made things slightly easier for the fellowship, I guess, in that they killed more orcs but overall, nothing significant was influenced by them.

As I said, though, I enjoyed the story. I just wish the two newcomers had a bigger impact on the world.
Topsy Turvy Jo chapter 13 . 5/16/2011
Loved Sam beating the orcs with frying pans and when batgirl took out the m&ms, I had a sudden craving. Generally, wonderful job with the interactions between the two worlds can't wait to read more.
Perseus chapter 47 . 5/8/2011
Nice, can you ride a eragon/batman crossover liek that?

that would be really cool, just an idea
jason chapter 47 . 1/9/2011
Just finished reading your story and i got to say it was badass. i like how you drop tim and cass into the lord of the ring story and how you just change certian parts of the story but still making it your own. well i just wanted to say i very impressed with the story
SwordMasterZ chapter 47 . 9/24/2010
nice
Sirius-Black-is-not-dead chapter 47 . 9/5/2010
Epic! I loved that you really did change some events (which is imperative to crossovers), although I think the effects of Batgirl and Robin's presence could have done a lot more influence. Anyway, I do believe this is one of my more favorite comic book crossovers ever-very well done, executed, and great attention to details (how the characters were feeling and the moods over events). It was a great experience and I very much enjoyed reading it.
Kelana-ti chapter 47 . 8/9/2010
Wow! I loved this story. You really intertwined the characters of LOTR and DC comics together well. I enjoyed reading it. I also loved Tim and Cass being together. There are so many aspects of this story that i enjoyed, I can't list them all. Thanks for writing it.
jacques0 chapter 9 . 1/15/2010
i never get tired of that last one "Good. Where are we going?" Hilarious everytime
Jaur chapter 47 . 12/10/2009
Hm, decent story. It was a bit irritating at times when you foolowed jacksons movies and not Tolkiens books. especially at the battle of helms cleft. You didn't have the limitations of time and perspective that the movie had and the book version had a lot of potential that you ignored. The rest of the differences where just irritating because I'm more familiar with the book. It would have been okay either way. still an interesting concept.
Stiehl chapter 47 . 11/29/2009
Wow. Thats all I can really say. I read this story over the course of about a day, and it was incredible. You held true to most of LOTR's story, which was good, but changed it enough and added enough story with Robin and Batgirl that it didn't feel like I was just rereading LOTR with a few extra characters. Possibly the best thing, however, is that the relationship between Robin and Batgirl didn't seem forced, like a lot of relationships do when something is poorly written. The only problem I've seen with this story is a multitude of spelling and grammar errors that should have been easily caught by any decent word processor. I see that the sequel to this has only four chapters and hasn't been updated since 2006, which is a shame. I would love to read some more of this universe. I hope that you eventually find the time/desire to work on it again someday, because this fic, and possibly the sequel, are going on my favorites list. Hope to see some more from you in the future!
Star Fata chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
Hi, couldn't remember if I'd reviewed this or not. Just to let you know I think the story's great.
Ailia Sparrowhawk chapter 47 . 2/20/2009
Awesome story!
BlackRoseFire chapter 47 . 2/17/2009
Awesome story. I loved it. I can't wait to read the sequal.
Ordinaryguy2 chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
This has some intereting possibilities. I was especting Batman to be along for the ride and maybe the Huntress, but Robin and Batgirl can prove to be rather interesting.
Lynthrocropia chapter 47 . 10/14/2008
great epic piece.

It have any sequels ?

I'd love for someone from middle earth to visit Gotham.

Legolas and Glimli ?