Reviews for Prodigals 16: The Depth & the Breadth & the Height
Angelic Temptress chapter 1 . 11/4/2011
Sexy. I enjoyed it.
R.R.L chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
These two break your heart, don't they? Happy and miserable all at the same time. You captured it all so well.
MissGuided chapter 1 . 8/18/2008
Marie and Remy on a crime spree and finally a couple? What could I possibly not like about that idea. :)
RonWeasley1975 chapter 1 . 7/16/2004
I read this a while ago, and I can't remember if I reviewed it. So I thought I'd do so now. Excellent chapter. The characterization is spot on. I love this universe you've created.

A
katjen chapter 1 . 11/25/2003
yes! yes yes yes! you updated! i couldn't believe it - i just happened to be checking thru my fave authors list and i sat here literally for like a full minute just staring at the screen hardly believing that there were not one, but TWO updates!

cryptic love letters was amazing - so creative and exciting and a lot of fun to explore - i love how original this series is - i never know what to expect, it's always keeping me on my toes - i love how each piece has it's own tone and device and how they all individually contribute to a much bigger picture - like a really intricate jigsaw puzzle.

i also loved 16 of course - loved seeing how this universe's R&R deal with being a couple and i also am so glad you didn't go the lovey-dovey route - it just wouldn't fit - it's much more interesting when there's a struggle going on (plus i'm just big on angst) as i'm sure there always will be given who they are. i really hope you're not planning on wrapping these up any time soon - i really love this world you've created.

my only complaint is that i really felt like there was a story missing. cradling the cactus tree is my favorite so far of the series - the conflict you set up at the end was so compelling and heartwrenching and i really really really wanted to see more. it felt like you were building up to something really big - so big it needed it's own story and then...well to be honest i felt like i was cheated out of it - kind of like how i felt about claremont not giving us anything during R&R's little haitus (which is just a crime and i could go on and on about why it was unfair not to let us see how they interact with each other when there are no barriers between them(hello some of have been waiting for 10 YEARS)...but i'm not going too :))

i just...i loved how vulnerable remy was in cactus - how that cocky mask slid away for a moment and real had panic shone through, real fear. i wanted to know what he did - i mean i know what he did from these two stories but...not really y'know? i wanted to know how he helped her get better - what the fallout was for not doing it Xavier's way...i wanted to know how they got together, when and how they decided *yes* we are a "we". i wanted to know what remy was so deathly afraid of her seeing but maybe you're going to address that in the future... i guess mostly i'm just really curious why you didn't continue with the events started in cactus tree...any chance of you doing a flashback story *g*?

either way i'm still loving this series and i can't wait to see what you have in store for us - just please o please o please don't make us wait so long next time :)

your work is excellent, truly.
MortonGirl chapter 1 . 11/23/2003
Oh, Katt and the Prodigals series - how do I love thee? I can count approximately sixteen ways - each more than the last. I gotta say, though, you're tormenting me - something wicked was a-comin' at the end of Cryptic Love Letters, or so it seemed. And no hint of it here. Are bad things lurking in the shadows? I'm anxiously awaiting the next installment.
toturnagain chapter 1 . 11/21/2003
Like many of your reviewers, I started reading your arc at the LeBeau Library. I have *craved* every installment and up to a few days ago was stupid enough not to look on for the remainder of your fics.

Maybe I reviewed already? If not, I should have! I have loved the way you portayed each character (even those who haven't yet appeared in the film...) and you could probably show up some of the screen writers and replace most of them. In fact, I would applaud that decision. This is classic stuff you have here (which is why it's in my favourites).

Probably the best thing about this arc are the interactions between characters. I really wouldn't have thought of Scott and Remy being friends (although, you point out, and I think Lori McDonald did too, they have never fought in comicverse). Your dialogue is superb. I'm very jealous of your ability to create such real conversations. Some writers have such problems with it and their characters say things that they never would in real (well, how real are the comics/movies?) life.

I'm still recovering of the shock of finding the last installments. Absolutely awesome. And...I wouldn't mind if you carried on, *especially* with the rather ambiguous ending on Cryptic Love Letters (which is my FAVOURITE, by the way. Maybe. I'll have to think on that..)

But if you are ending here, merci beaucoup for a happy ending. ;-)
Zeelee chapter 1 . 11/18/2003
Oh, wow. Dammit, I'm speechless again. Poor Remy and Rogue-they can't seem to get it together no matter WHAT universe they're in.

you have such a way with language-you can make a simple sentence have ten thousand different meanings.

I take it Rogue has more control over her power? Seeing as they were playing tonsil-hockey and everything.
Sabby13 chapter 1 . 11/17/2003
I don't care what anyone says, I think this is my favorite Prodigal. I like actually seeing them together finally. I love how their fight was a substitute for sex. You even had the climax and aftermath thing right. And seriously, their relationship is so...normal. I mean, if they started acting all lovey dovey and what not then you'd know there was something dysfunctional, but having the two of them argue and fight like that...It's great how they're still themselves. Amazing Job, Katt. I'm in total awe.
jaygoose chapter 1 . 11/17/2003
This was amazing. I loved it. You can't help but cheer for a dysfunctional relationship. More Please.
brattax23 chapter 1 . 11/17/2003
well, i'm glad you updated. I'm also glad to see that Remy and Marie are not suddenly enjoying a happily ever after moment. That said, this was probably my least favorite of the series. The writing was good, the scene realistic, but I just wasn't thrilled with the story. Are they going back, though? I'd like to see some reunions (scott/remy). Looking forward to the next installment!
Caliente chapter 1 . 11/16/2003
Ep! I love it! OMG! Umm... on thing... Remy says "cheri" or "cher" or "chere" or "cherie" spelt with a "ch" not an "sh". But I LOVE IT! Good to see that even though they're chillin' in Europe together they're still themselves. WRITE MORE SOON PLZ! I can't wait for more! Adios.