Reviews for The Sting
claymade chapter 5 . 2/22/2004
This chapter was infused with such extreme coolness through and through. From Knives' sudden appearance in the bar, to the gunfight, to the way the characters interact, it just grabs you and doesn't let you go.

One part I thought seemed a little odd, though, was how jocular Vash was after the shooting started, given that there was a dead bartender right next to him. I would've thought that would have saddened him more.

In any case, can't wait to read more!
Lei chapter 5 . 2/21/2004
We :D Fluffiness! hehe I loved it _ I think you beat yourself down too much
lei chapter 4 . 2/17/2004
here's your review raven :P lol very awesome fic, keep it comin!
CaptainMurphysMistress chapter 4 . 2/14/2004
Wolfwood's one of my fav characters, so I'm biased for getting him into the story somehow...lol If you really wanna put him in here, you could always say this is "manga based" since he doesn't die in the manga! _
DarkAngelPearl chapter 4 . 2/12/2004
YES! Yes, you should bring back Wolfwood! You can bring him back, you can have like you said, he was found and somebody nursed him, BUT! Somehow from the loss of blood or something, he lost his memory, so I guess you can have Vash and Milly to help him remember them! I'll be watching for the fourth chapter! Please update soon!
DarkAngelPearl chapter 3 . 2/10/2004
So Vash is going to help Sting out, but what about Vann? Is Sting really just going to leave him? I hope you update soon, please!
claymade chapter 3 . 2/2/2004
You're back! Man, I was starting to give up hope for a while there...

Excellent stuff all around. I liked Sting's "Then don't watch!" especially. It seems like Sting's checkered past is starting to come into focus, slowly but steadily-good job with the mystery there. And the Sting/Vann relationship is very touching, as usual.

Hope that "this kick" continues for a long time!
CaptainMurphysMistress chapter 3 . 1/30/2004
Another awesome chapter! I really do love this story. You're an incredibe author and I hope to see you continue this!
Jennifer chapter 3 . 1/29/2004
I like your story. It's pretty good. I love the character Sting. I'd like to hear more of what is going on with Sting and if Vash and (by some miracle) Knives ever help her out. Keep up the great writting!
Kermit's Sister chapter 2 . 11/30/2003
story.I think Sting is half-original,half-Mary sue. Al characters that someone
creates are like that. You just can't help putting a little of yourself into the reader(s) of the story know you even the tiniest bit,they can see the resemblance.A story written is a window into the author's soul.
CaptainMurphysMistress chapter 2 . 11/29/2003
Wowza's! Great fic! Try not to worry so much about Knive's being OOC, though. I mean, yes, he *is* OOC...but like I told someone else (it may have been you...I really don't know lol) he's an incredibley hard character to write in character, and it's not so bad that he's dancing around in a field of flowers with Millie singing about love and peace, hugging puppies and kittens! lol You'll notice that when I get my fic up...he's not there...yet...lol He's hard to write and I don't feel like dealing with him yet, I have exams to worry about! lol So kudos to you for attempting! _
Oh, you wanted an opinion on Sting! I like her! She's really cool! She kinda reminds me of Dominique, and I haven't really seen anyone like her before. Most of the chics in Trigun fics are wishy-washy and make me want to vomit. Sting's kind of a cross between Vash, Knives, and...a mother...lol that's what I thought of when she was wiping Vann's wounds on his face...
DarkAngelPearl chapter 2 . 11/29/2003
Great story! Knives was a little bit out of OOC but not to bad. Please update soon! I can't wait to see what happens next!
wolfpack chapter 2 . 11/28/2003
Oh! Nice! You updated! Hurray! A bit confusing in some parts (my poor brain couldn't follow. or it could be the fact that it's 11:00 here...)
UPDATE SOON!
NYA!
wolfpack
claymade chapter 2 . 11/28/2003
Excellent story! Your use of phrasing and description is extremely good. I especially liked how Knives ended up reluctantly playing the hero. Somewhat OOC, perhaps, but not terribly so. (After all, from his point of view, if he's still too weak to successfully escape Vash, he might as well take the chance to inflict some pain on some spiders...)
Sting honestly doesn't seem very Mary-sueish to me, mostly because she's not really "showing up" Vash or Knives in the areas that they're supposed to excel in. She aids, rather than supercedes them.
And I loved the scene where Sting came in through the window and then hugged Vann... The characterization and description there was just breathtaking. Way to go!
DarkAngelPearl chapter 1 . 11/24/2003
Great start! Please update soon!

33 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »