Reviews for To Cast These Spells
Kristine Thorne chapter 2 . 11/26/2003
My god! What a chapter! Don't know why, but I really loathe Lupin in this story, LOL! Please please write more soon.
Kristine Thorne chapter 1 . 11/23/2003
Oh my god, I'm totally utterly hooked! This story is fantastic. You must must must write more soon. Pretty please with sugar on, LOL!
Charlie Quill chapter 1 . 11/23/2003
I liked it, a little different but in a good way
Arya1 chapter 1 . 11/20/2003
I just read the whole thing of Part 2 on your website and I am so DYING to read the 3rd part now~!

Ah yes, and count my vote for bringing on the slash! Yay!

Really, excellent work. :-)
bramblerose-proudfoot chapter 1 . 11/19/2003
Well, I'd better go back and read the previous story because I sure as hell didn't expect Harry and Remus to be kissing. Very intriguing. And is Severus jealous?

Fascinating - can't wait for more!

Bramble
samson chapter 1 . 11/19/2003
this series keeps getting better and better, really loving how it is going so far and looking forward to more. very well written and loving snape, very in character.
Mary chapter 1 . 11/18/2003
Well, that was lovely, I cannot wait for the next installment... The first thing I do after reading a chapter of yours is go back and re-read it, so as to make sure that I didn't miss anything; you just put so much detail into one chapter! It's great, so many writers don't ever do that, but it means that I actually have to concentrate on what I'm reading...good thing that it's so interesting, lol.

I have to say, I love your characterization of Ron, his speech patterns and actions are perfectly true to the character, and I can HEAR him saying them in my mind, they fit him so well.

Wow, Harry and Remus, that was interesting...I could see where you were coming from and how you developed it, and it made sense in a natural progression sort of way, but I was still "Oh. My. God." when you went straight into Harry's recollection of the kiss. Oh, and by the way, I loved how you did that. It was so casual, with Harry not freaking out or anything, just thinking it over, reasoning it out. His developing maturity really showed through there.

The whole security/not enough security thing was interesting, and logical. Harry hasn't had nearly enough security in his life, and therefore would look for that as a big factor in any relationship he goes into. That and the maturity issue would lead to him pursuing relationships with older people, naturally. And it would therefore make more sense for him to eventually see Snape as a potential partner, as Snape is most definately mature, and as Harry's teacher in Defence and occlumency/legilimency, a definate source of security because of the protection he offers. And Harry is gonna realize this, isn't he, because he already recognizes his need for security, and knows that he feels secure/protected with Snape.

*singsongs* Snape was jealous, Snape was jealous! Ok, maybe no-one recognized it as such, including Snape, but he was upset with Remus and Harry, and that means that he cares. Oh, I know, it can be seen as him being naturally upset with the whole guardian thing, with Remus being that much older than Harry, but really, Snape doesn't seem like the kind of person who would care that much about that. And after all, he knows Harry and his level of maturity (which will help with the whole eventual Harry/Snape thing).

So, I hope that was a constructive review.

~Mary~

ps Do you have the whole story planned out exactly, or are you getting more ideas and all as you go? Just wondering if you know how long you want this to be, or can we readers hope for a story that goes on for a while. I'm guessing that since you know how many parts it is going to be, you know how long it's gonna be, but I can hope for a lot of chapters, can't I? Let me Dream! lol.
HPRndRobin chapter 1 . 11/18/2003
I read both parts from a link posted at the Snape_Potter livejournal. I really love this story and can't wait for the third arc.

Your characters are so intense and you want to just hold on to them, they feel so real.

Wonderful writing.
Mikee chapter 1 . 11/18/2003
Wonderful start. Really like it. Love how you've characterized Severus, Harry, and Remus. Ron and Herminoe seem to be pretty true to character.

Please continue soon. I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this.

Thank you.
Arya chapter 1 . 11/17/2003
I love the new angles and depth you're bringing into this story. my two fav ships are H/Hr and HP/SS...so, of course I *love* it!

It's rare to find a fic like this that can cpature the emtional contiunum that Harry experiences. You do it well.

I look forward to more!

Thanks for writing and please update soon-I absolutely cannot wait to see how you develop this story now.

:-)