Reviews for Superhero
Misha chapter 8 . 1/30/2008
Once again, your fanfic has kept me from working while at work. Thanks _~

A fanfic beautifully done, once again _
Beastdog chapter 8 . 12/2/2007
I've never really thought about Northstar other than to vaguely think of him as some secondary character beneath my notice, but this story makes one actually think about him. Excellent story, as usual, if a little sombre. Very compelling. :)
Fizzing Wizard chapter 8 . 8/4/2007
Wow! Just... wow! This story is incredible and deserves so many more reviews.

I've never cared one way or another for Northstar. He intrigued me, I enjoyed his attitude, but Northstar-centric stories never did anything for me. But your story puts him into a whole new light. That's the best thing about fanfiction - getting to see why fans love their favorite characters, and all that.

And of course, thanks for the spotlight on our Fuzzy Elf. I had no idea Northstar got his start in a circus (I only knew his story starting with his Olympic accomplishments). It really is a shame he and Kurt couldn't bond over that shared experience. Leave it to Austen to come up with crap and miss the obvious.

But most important, I loved how you dug into JP's brain, dragging out scars and skeletons alike. Especially the parts about Jeanne-Marie. Their relationship has always been the iconic twinship in MU.

This story's a few years old now. I'm not even sure where Northstar and Aurora went after that X-men stint. But I loved that Uncanny team - Crawler, Iceman, Archangel, Wolvie, Havok, and occasionally Northstar - it could have been gold. Here's hoping they'll meet again in the future.
Lord Localfreak chapter 8 . 11/14/2005
Utterly the best story about Northstar I have ever read.
mirth-fell chapter 7 . 3/3/2005
I have to contain myself. This story makes me want to squee in joy, but I just have to tell you how much I loved this. Jean-Paul, a real person? You've done what few others-and that's including Marvel writers-have done. You used all the elements of Jean-Paul and integrated them perfectly into this story.

Really, I just have to say: Brilliant!
Ilweran chapter 8 . 7/22/2004
I have just finished to read the whole story, and I think it's really, really beautiful. I love the way you write, and how you explored Jean-Paul's character...

Sorry for my english, I hope I didn't make mistakes'
foggynite chapter 8 . 6/22/2004
this story held me transfixed. i love when writers take the time to make characters so beautifully flawed and human, and you managed that quite well with JP. his interaction with bullet made me hold my breath and the scenes with bobby made my chest ache. i, too, wondered why he and kurt weren't greater friends in the comics, considering all they had in common, but i think chuck whatshisname was more focused on increasing the melodrama rather than creating steady foundations of trust. but you built that (or at least started to) so wonderfully here. it was a joy to read, and i'm looking forward to discovering your other fics .
Minerva Solo chapter 8 . 5/29/2004
I'm not stalking you, hone-

Oh, fine. But you write the most amazing Northstar, so it's your own fault, understand? _ I like this because the comics really don't seem to go into why Northstar took the job at Xavier's, or rather kept it.
Hatheny Lurey Dralaw chapter 1 . 4/16/2004
Oh my God. I've only read the first chapter, and it's amzing! Please excuse me . . . I must read.
Trent chapter 1 . 2/16/2004
This story was wonderful. Every part of it rang true and that, in my book, is the sign of wonderful writing. The characterizations of Jean-Paul and Kurt never seemed contrived or abnormal. I read so many of these fanfics and can't help but think how untrue the stories seem. Your writing is very lucid and flowed without breaking. I really enjoyed the interludes inbetween the chapters. It seemed very Steinbeck ... in a very non-Steinbeckian way.
The only thing I could critique would be the professor's actions toward the boys after they are taken to the mansion. Surely a man of his experience and telepathic abilities would not have acted in the manner portrayed. I realize he's actions helped further your story's message, but I think it could have been achieved in another manner.
But, overall a VERY good job. I'm quite eager to read another.
TKD chapter 8 . 11/19/2003
I probably read this at the wrong time - late, after taking my evening pain medication - so not exactly the best time to read something thought provoking. Forgive me if the review is less than profound. I like the interludes that let us directly into Jean Paul's thoughts, to see his motivations. He does, as you said, seem to make most of his own pain. I agree very much with your assumption that Kurt would be a natural to befriend him, to whatever degree he's willing to be befriended. I just started reading Uncanny not long before the Draco arc, but I'm getting the feeling that the current team really isn't made up of friends. That's a shame, I miss the dynamic of the early team (I've read the 4 volumes of Essential X-Men). I really enjoy fics like this that try to give real insight into a character. Action and adventure is fine, but the comics take care of that fairly well. It's the details and nuances of character development where they tend to fail us and fics like this are wonderful for filling in the gaps. I hope you write much more - and I especially hope you give my favorite fuzzy elf the kind of attention you gave Northstar. I think it would be very interesting to see your take on him.

Taekwondodo
Bluefooted chapter 8 . 11/19/2003
Wow! This was, by far, the best thing I've read on this website in ages. Very, very well done. Your technique of moving from action and dialogue to introspection and back again, works wonderfully. Bravo!
Harry2 chapter 7 . 11/18/2003
Well Jean Paul, you are starting to realize that not everything is black and white. And you are causing some of the X-Men to realize that as well. But Xaiver is STILL the stumbling block tha will have to be dealt with one of these days. Keep up the good work on this story of yours!
Harry2 chapter 6 . 11/18/2003
Sometimes, I think Xavier forgets just how hard it is for mutants without a support group, to exist! The man has forgotten what it is like to have to deal with people who hate you just because you are different! Xavier, perhaps its time you got OUT of the school and out with the team every now and then, to see what the world is like these days!
Harry2 chapter 5 . 11/18/2003
I think that Jean-Paul is FINALLY taking a long, hard look at himself, as these diary/interlude chapters show. And he is realizing that he has made a lot of lousy choices in his life. Some of them he still stands by, others he wishes he could change. But it shows that he is not a black and white charachter and that he is a very complex person. And that is what makes him human.