Reviews for Tidings
occasionallyme chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
You know, I like this. I like how you captured Eowyn's fiery and inquisitive spirit and I doubly adore how smooth this scene flowed. Elegant language and strong characterizations and yes, I'm in love. :D
A Road Unturning chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
Again, a natural and perceptive view of these characters with a flowing, simple yet deeply effective style.

I like how you executed this scene. The notable growing affection for Aragorn was implied, therefore bringing a refreshing sweetness to this fic as opposed to overwrought angst which is usually used to depict so called "unrequited" love.
Good Queen Vold chapter 1 . 9/7/2004
I love this! Keep plugging away, thou pants-wearing scissor demon.
YOU KNOW OF WHOM I SPEAK chapter 1 . 6/6/2004
Very nice writing. I enjoyed this brief little interlude between the Lady of Rohan and the yet to be King of Gondor.

Their conversation moved at an even pace, though the content kept my attendance and interest.

YOU KNOW OF WHOM I SPEAK
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 2/13/2004
I loved that. You gave depth to that passage which I had never suspected before. Good work.
Taima1 chapter 1 . 12/12/2003
Wonderfully done! I feel my spirits lifting as I type! Thank You!
Leah Day chapter 1 . 12/8/2003
Loved it! Very nicely written.
DeleteThisAccountPlease0 chapter 1 . 12/7/2003
*squeals with delight* Did I just write you a normal review? Wow! Go me! Since this isn’t my real review, and I feel too lazy to email you, I’ll just quickly mention something here.
I know one shouldn’t compliment oneself (did I get the “one” usage correct?) but I gotta say I look so soo nice today! *grin* I’m wearing ALL black (except socks, couldn’t find any clean black ones). I’m wearing this *divine* silky blouse which surprisingly looks really nice. I mean I thought it would look too formal but once I opened the top two buttons (while still looking decent, nothing’s on display! ;)) it looks simply gorgeous! Also I’m wearing black jeans too. Very nice “not too loose and not too tight” I look so nice!
*looks back at what she wrote* What do I sound like! Since when do we talk about clothes? *laugh*
I think I should go now! BYES!
Sarah Sarya chapter 1 . 12/7/2003
This was really well written and I enjoyed reading it. The tone is very sad and I suddenly feel quite wistful. You have portrayed the characters perfectly, they’re very completely in character. I feel for Éowyn.
”A cage,” she said. ”To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.
This is my favourite line that Éowyn says.
Keep up the good work!
*Sarah*
Lyggy chapter 1 . 12/2/2003
This story is excellent. You should write a sequel.
jamesofmeyahoo.com chapter 1 . 11/28/2003
I like it! You didn't make Eowyn a simpering idiot and Aragorn was still uncertain as I am sure he would be. Eowyn chafes at her 'confinement' and wishes to help. Yes I like it. Now Broken hint hint hint!
James
mousie2 chapter 1 . 11/26/2003
O, I can't believe I missed this one. I guess I've been a bit busy. Nice to see you back on , always pleased to see new work by you :)

I have nearly finished my story, sequel going up soon, hopefully next week along with the epilogue to Hope in the Darkness.

Hope you like it,

Bye for now

Lisa
The Dark Wanderer chapter 1 . 11/18/2003
That was a very well written piece of writing. It's near impossible to write in book verse and keep it in good quality. I'd like to see more of Aragorn and Éowyn in your writings. Keep going!
anonymous chapter 1 . 11/18/2003
i liked it! lots of nice word choice and stuff like that)