Reviews for Fate and Destiny
dolphingirl0113 chapter 40 . 12/21/2004
I find it curious that in this story, so far, it seems that Inaki is the one drawing K out of her shell, just like Kagome is the one who draws Inuyasha out of his shell in the anime. Just an observation...but is that just a coincidence? I wonder...

As always, the story continues to be wonderful. We're starting to see a little more fluffy romance, but that's never a bad thing, and I still like the way the relationship is progressing. Unfortunately, nothing for our couple is ever easy, so I'm just waiting for the other shoe to fall, so to speak. On to chapter 41!

dolphingirl0113 chapter 30 . 12/18/2004
I haven't been able to review every chapter like I usually do with stories simply because I haven't had the time...I barely have the time to read at all...but I figured I could manage to drop another review at this point, since we seemed to have reached a turning point of sorts.

First off, I absolutely love the idea behind this story. At first, I'll admit, I had to push myself to keep reading, but now I'm so incredibly thankful that I did. Even though I'm not to that point yet, I just know that Inaki and Kalie hold the souls of Kagome and Inuyasha reincarnated, and that perhaps one of the next story arcs will be them beginning to realize that...which you have seemed to hint at several times by mentioning the fact that their eyes will change.

Your dialogue between characters is wonderful and, for the most part, easy to follow. Granted, there are a few moments here and there when I have to go back and reread things to get who said what, but that's normal, and happens for me even when reading published novels (I know I do it with my own Inuyasha stories...). And your approach of using their eye color, rather then their names, is definately unique, but not in a bad way.

I must admit I was surprised when the relationship between Inaki and Cam ended so abruptly...not that I'm complaining...because I was expecting some long, drawn out issues there, like in the anime when it comes to Kikyou. But at the same time, I'm not disappointed, because at times love triangles just get to be so tiresome.

Of course, I could just be jumping the gun a little...for all I know there's plenty of love-triangle angst ahead...but I guess I'll just have to keep reading to find out. :)

The relationship between K and Inaki is progressing nicely, and I appreciate the fact that you're not overdoing it with the 'stupid arguments' aspect of their relationship, which so many authors overdo in my opinion. They still have their quarrels, the biggest one obviously being Inaki trying to learn more about K's past, but it isn't too much. Now I can't wait to see where their relationship goes from here...

And finally, I just have to say that I adore Sam. She's such a fun character. Will she be a reincarnated soul as well? Or is she just an awesome person you've created on your own? Either way, I think she's wonderful. Every girl needs a friend like that.

So, basically, overall this is wonderfully done. I'm glad I stuck through the first few chapters when I was trying to figure out what was going on, because now I'm absolutely hooked, and can't wait to get on and see how this all ends. Great job!

dolphingirl0113 chapter 2 . 12/15/2004
I'll admit that I'm having trouble at times keeping everyone straight, but you're doing a good job of gradually introducing descriptions of everyone so that now I have a pretty good idea of what Sammy looks like. The only character I'm still kind of clueless on is K...although I guess I do know that she's got green eyes and shoulder length dark hair. I wonder who she is...how all these people are relevant to the Inuyasha story...I can't wait to find out!

Your dialogue flows beautifully together, and never feels rushed or choppy. That's a rare find in any story, professionally done or not, so I commend you on that. Awesome job!

dolphingirl0113 chapter 1 . 12/15/2004
This is intriguing. So far you've opened with the commentary on reincarnation, and now it would seem that you're introducing Inuyasha characters...only in a different time and setting...I could be wrong of course, but it seems unlikely that the girl is named K and the guy in the coffee shop (with white hair) is named Inaki, but has no relevance.

Honestly, I've had this story marked for some time, and have been meaning to read it, but have never gotten around to it, but now I finally am! I can't wait to move forward. So far it looks very promising. Awesome!

BleedingRose13579 chapter 3 . 12/14/2004
i'm reviewin this so don't ask. i'm a lazy person
Ryguy5387 chapter 76 . 12/6/2004
Wow. Just WOW! I know it is a little bland, but I cannot find words to describe the swell of emotions I experianced while reading this. The careful thought put into it was amazing and the characterization and believablility of the characters was astounding! The ideas and emotions influenced by the mood and atmosphere enraptured and entranced me. It took all of the will power I had to stretch it over the course of a few days! (Although ignoring my book report in the progress... heh) I am sorry if I'm repeating myself or blabbing, but I cannot get over how wonderful this story is! I hope you don't mind the fact that this is going to attempt to encompass 76 chapters worth of reviews, but here goes...

First, I am going to address the characters, starting with the main ones. Inaki and Kalie were FANTASTIC! They were round and dynamic, showed a plethora of emotions, and were really down-to-earth. But you allready knew that, I mean, you created them, right. In any case, most of my appreciation for them comes when comparing them to their past selves. I loved the fact they were the exact opposite of their previous selves, as that allowed us, the readers, to explore the fabled relationship between Inuyasha and Kagome from a different, if not opposite, perspective. One of the little quirks I liked was the foreshadowing, though. I mean, come on, their initials? It could not have been more obvious! The qukirk I was mentioning was that Inaki had that light colored hair at the beginning of the story. Even though predominately absent in the present, the hanyou reference was nice...

As for the supporting cast, I feel there is not as much to say. Samantha Merth was a nice character, especially watching Kalie interact with her and her family. The musketeers were pretty cool, too, and remind me too much of Kagome's friends for my liking... Inaki's family was one of the coolest parts of this fanfic. Seeing how Inuyasha turned out because of being raised by a loving family just brought an uncontrolable smile to my face. I especially liked the way Inaki played off of Jayden, as I tend to act like that with my sister, also. I just have one little quib about a supporting cast member... Shippo acted so mean! I had such high hopes for him when he found her on vacation, and I wish he played a more promising roll. However, I think that may just be the little knack in my heart for the little tyke... The suspense regarding him was great, though! I almost cried when the epilogue came around and he did not yet make an appearance!

As for the plot, it was astounding! I am a hopeless romantic, and obsessed with all of the 'Fate and Love and Destiny' mumbo-jumbo, and the title was the inital spark to get me to read this. I feel the settings and histories of the respective characters, as well as the final battle with Naraku and subsequent occurences were handled flawlessly. I felt this was a little more down to earth than some of the fanfics I have read, because of the fact that it deals more like human emotions and limitations, versus a happily-ever-after fairy-tale like atmosphere that a lot of fanfics prey upon. The angst was angsty, the fluff was fluffy, and the more heat-up fluff was... well, that. Overall, I would not change even a word of this fanfic for the world!

I have rambled on, and I apologize greatly for that. Like I said earlier, this supreme work of literature engrossed and enraptured me, and I know the warm feeling created by this will stay with me for some time to come. I will remember your dynamic characters and their situations for some time to come, and if I forget, I'll remind myself by reading this again! I feel as if I matured a little from reading this.

In any case, this was a FANTASTIC fanfic! Fan fiction in its most PERFECT, the epitome of what it even could have been imagined to be. Thank you for creating such a masterpiece!

-Ryan

(I think I will check out the rest of your works, now...)
icantdeletethisaccountargh chapter 51 . 11/18/2004
OMG I AM LIKE SO CONFUSED RIGHT NOW

I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON

WESPECIALLY THE TRANSLATION

IF YOU GET A CHANCE AND IF YOU GET THIS E-MAIL COULD YOU E-MAIL AN EXPLINATION TO ME AT INU_KURAMArMINE

PLEASE i'm so confused but i'm gonna keep reading cause i can't wait until whe finds out more about what's happening to her

i can't wait until I find out whats goin on ingeneral

lol

good story

JA NE

bagira chapter 76 . 11/12/2004
Hello again, and let me just say: WOW! It's OVER? It's been so long... and I came in around... the 38th chapter, maybe? *whistles* That's long, even for me, and you were there since the beginning (er... obviously!). What a great story. This is a definite favourite of mine; it's on my list and everything. I'm so happy that you wrote it and posted it so people like me could read it. I'm surprised, but also warm and fuzzy, since you mentioned me last chapter. This story has been such an experience... it will always remind me of all the good times I've had while in the process of reading it - those relating to Inuyasha, and to my life in general. Thank you for everything!

I do have one question though: there was a paragraph in Chapter 51, written in Spanish, about a guy whose eyes and hair change colour. This never really went anywhere (O_o;; unless I missed something important...) and I was wondering at the relevance of it.

I'll miss this - but rest assured, I'll come back now and then to re-read it! Thanks again!
icantdeletethisaccountargh chapter 41 . 11/11/2004
WOW. THIS WAS A REALLY GOOD CHAPTER

MOU

ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW

LITTERALLY...I'M SPEECHLESS

oh bad sam bad

even though i know where she's coming from it was kinda harsh

but HEY i don't blame her

hope the next chappie's just as good

(what am i saying, all of your chapters are good)

OMG i was looking at how many chapter's there were and i saw that you addedthe last one

I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW THE STORY ENDS BUT YOU HAVE TO MAKE A SEQUAL

THAT IS HOW GOOD THIS STORY IS

I'M ALL LIKE OMG

DAMNI FEEL LIKE A PREP

ano...JA NE

K

(haha i still think that's funny...K)
Kibo chapter 76 . 11/2/2004
I'm actually glad you brought Shippo back - I was curious about that. Well, it's been a heck of a ride for the last forty chapters - I think I joined around 30... I thouroughly enjoyed reading it, and the ending makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Think I'll go curl up and fall asleep next to the love of my life now. Ja ne!
Izayoi chapter 76 . 11/2/2004
There are tears in my eyes as I read the final sentence of this story. My, they have gotten old...lol. Well, they arent "old", but you understand.

Aww...I hope they do have a child. My mother had me when she was 32, so, I think it would be best, if they have the child when K is 31 and he is 3...oops, I am thinking too hard again...lol.

I am so happy they get to have a good life, a realistic one. Oh, I see, the man was Shippou!

I would have never guessed!

You did an amazing job, and I commend you for this story, I will remember it always.

I will see you on your next story (you will have another story...right?)

My Best Regards,

Izayoi
InbredSuzy chapter 76 . 11/2/2004
Wow...*sniff* I can't believe it's over. That certainly was an interesting point, her having powers that upset the demons that survived. Man, that's kinda scary to know that you could be a threat and could wind up hunted for your powers, and you're innocent for the most part. This storyline could in fact go on forever, but then you wouldn't have the chance to work on other projects, right? Again, this story is an will forever remain on my favorite's list. Thank you soo very much for sharing this story, and I hope that since part of this story is true, that it helps you find sollace in sharing. Good luck to you in your future endeavors. {_-}
kiamo chapter 76 . 11/2/2004
great story, though the ending was still not very happy. though like you said, more realistic. however, shippo having a crush on kagome! that's just gross! if anything, he was jealous of inuyasha b/c he loved kagome as a mom/sister and wanted her attention to himself, but it's gross to think of that little kitsune "liking" kagome!
icantdeletethisaccountargh chapter 37 . 11/2/2004
AH. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OGM OGM OGM OMG OGM OMG YOU DON'T KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THAT TO HAPPEN.

OH

HOPE THER'S MORE IN THE NEAR FUTURE

ALTHOUGH IT DID TAKE YOU LONG ENOUGH FOR THAT TO HAPPEN

) VERRY HAPPY

WELL YOU A REALLY GOOD WRITER

NOT THAT I HAVE TO TELL YOU A THIRD TIME OR ANYTHING BUT HEY, WHEN PEOPLE READ THE REVIEWS ITS A GOOD THING THIS IS UP

I LAUGH A LOT

WOW I SHOULD SHUT UP NOW

JA NE

Ardinae chapter 76 . 11/2/2004
Wonderful ending as far as I am concerned. I have followed your story through thick and thin since you started writing it. I found it captivating and waited with aticipation for each new chapter. It is sad to see it end but I know all good things much come to a end. If not an end then a pause for a bit. I look forward to any new stories you post or place on your web site. Thanks for the wonderful entertainment.
419 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »